ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs So is Quinten Lawrence the only real impact guy we drafted? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=206897)

the Talking Can 04-28-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 5723064)
I'm expecting Brown to be the day one starting RT, and to be damn good at it.

wow...that's the first endorsement i've heard for him...

obviously that would be a great pick, if true...

Mr. Krab 04-28-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer bacon (Post 5723078)
Big fat competent linemen are force multipliers.

Thank you, Marty "dontneednostinkQBorWR" Shottenheimer

DeezNutz 04-28-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 5723088)
Well, I did say I expected him to be damn good. :p

The guy obviously has the size, and I suppose I'm biased by Pioli's good eye for linemen.

FWIW, Kiper noted that he loved the 5th-round selection.

It's interesting, since this was the breaking point in a lot of the draft discussion around here. People went ape shit after this selection.

Brock 04-28-2009 03:39 PM

Full disclosure, I thought Clady would suck.ROFL

Buehler445 04-28-2009 03:42 PM

Oh **** that "impact" bullshit. The only way an impact makes mediocre good is if the team is solid and lacks some explosiveness. Our team is NOT solid.
Posted via Mobile Device

aturnis 04-28-2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5722550)
I honestly don't know much about him. The scouting reports were not favorable (he was the 58th rated OT in the entire draft) and as I mentioned on Sunday, I would have taken Herman Johnson at that point (he went to the Cardinals later in that round).

All we can do is hope, because he doesn't have experience in a Pro-Style offense and supposedly, he has poor footwork.

My first thought would be that most ALL LT's are rated higher than most all RT's when lumped all together. Most teams will take a "decent" LT in a later round and move them to the right side. To me, it seems the Chiefs thinking here is, "Why move a LT, to RT. Just draft a RT". Therefore, he won't need time to get acquainted to the other side. Afterall, McIntosh seemed to make a better LT than RT, even though RT is the less important, easier to play side.

As for the footwork, some Mizzou fan's said it was surprisingly good for as big as he is. You would think it'd be good, he was a good enough athlete to play basketball, and supposedly, roundballer's are better athlete's than football players. Not to mention his footwork couldn't be any worse than Richardson's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 5722772)
He played in the Texas vs. the Nation game in a pro-style offense (Gene Stallings was the coach) and apparently several teams walked away from it convinced that he wasn't just a spread tackle.

Also, the scouting reports say he's intelligent and a very hard worker, so he fits the mental profile.

He is also shown to be very versatile, doing whatever it took, or was asked of him to get to where he's at. He played DT and TE in H.S. Then went to Mizzou to play basketball, don't know if that worked out or not, but ended up as a walk on for the football team. Started at center, moved to left guard, was the backup at left tackle, the won the right tackle spot outright. He also played right guard in there somewhere. I'd think he should show to have a pretty high ceiling.