ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   How badly do you want Phillip Rivers to implode this year? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=137444)

milkman 03-16-2006 10:36 PM

Marty's inability to develop a QB is the direct result of the idiots he had in charge of the offense in KC over the years.

Hackett and Raye were jokes.

He has a pretty good OC in Cam Cameron, who I believe can develop a QB.

I just question whether Rivers can be developed.

His mechanics are terrible, and his release is so slow, it's like watching molasses drip.

They've got to fix that, or he is going to be a mediocre at best.

I saw no indication that was improved in the preseason last year.

boltpower 21 03-16-2006 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SideWinder
Marty's inability to develop a QB is the direct result of the idiots he had in charge of the offense in KC over the years.

Hackett and Raye were jokes.

He has a pretty good OC in Cam Cameron, who I believe can develop a QB.

I just question whether Rivers can be developed.

His mechanics are terrible, and his release is so slow, it's like watching molasses drip.

They've got to fix that, or he is going to be a mediocre at best.

I saw no indication that was improved in the preseason last year.

I agree with the Marty comment. Cameron is one of the hottest o-coordinator at the moment and he's shown he can make Brees, who isn't your typical quarterback look pretty good.

One other plus for Rivers is the new QB coach, John Ramsdell, who came from the Rams. He's worked his magic with Warner and Bulger.

I also agree with the horrible looking mechanics Rivers displayed last year in the Denver game and in preseason. However, his release is still lightning quick but Ramsdell needs to work with him on getting some of his mechanics worked out.

morphius 03-16-2006 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho
Not sure how many have done it but the most recent example is Roethlisberger. In his favor Rivers will have a dominating TE to throw to, a top running back and a pretty good defense. Additionally, this is not exactly his first year- he has been in the system for two years now and has some playing time. It would be nice but I will be shocked if the Chargers win only 4 games this year.

Of course if you looked at Roth in his first year he wasn't exactly lighting anyone up either. He was very limited in what he was allowed to do during the games to eliminate any mistakes. I mean it was more Martyball then we ever had to deal with.

Pants 03-17-2006 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachKC
Be ready for an endless line of questions from Laz and Metro.

Are you really this dense? I mean, WTF, man... give me ONE quote where someone said they hated/disliked Rivers. Please.

All anyone ever said was something to the extent of not wanting him to succeed. I already told you the reason behind that logic.

If Rivers goes to play for Jacksonville, I wish him all the best and don't really give a shit how he does.

CHENZ A! 03-17-2006 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan
Rivers will look like Leaf when he comes to Arrowhead.

You are exactly right... I hope you yell loud, 'cause I do.

Pants 03-17-2006 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike
Are you really this dense? I mean, WTF, man... give me ONE quote where someone said they hated/disliked Rivers. Please.

All anyone ever said was something to the extent of not wanting him to succeed. I already told you the reason behind that logic.

If Rivers goes to play for Jacksonville, I wish him all the best and don't really give a shit how he does.

Eleazar 03-17-2006 04:04 PM

I suppose that I want every player on the other 3 teams in our division to implode. I don't have anything against Rivers though.

|Zach| 03-17-2006 04:07 PM

Quote:

All of this started because I wrote this...take it for what its worth...

Quote:

I don't want him to do well against KC. Other that I have no reason to not like him.
Why the above quote was worth all this back and forth is beyond me.

Pants 03-17-2006 04:09 PM

Quote:

All of this started because I wrote this...take it for what its worth...

Why the above quote was worth all this back and forth is beyond me.

You accused me alongside other people of hating Rivers for some reason.

|Zach| 03-17-2006 04:19 PM

Quote:

You accused me alongside other people of hating Rivers for some reason.

You guys went on and on based on that comment. There has to be a reason for it...maybe you don't hate Rivers maybe you guys just have a hard on for me? No idea at all.

What about this was a big deal would you say?

Quote:

I don't want him to do well against KC. Other that I have no reason to not like him.

Pants 03-17-2006 04:31 PM

Quote:

You guys went on and on based on that comment. There has to be a reason for it...maybe you don't hate Rivers maybe you guys just have a hard on for me? No idea at all.

What about this was a big deal would you say?

Nothing, except that if SD wins against every team against KC, they'll finish with a 14-2 record.

What I didn't particulary like is you accusing me of disliking Rivers, which I don't. I don't give a shit about him, I just don't want him to do well if he's playing for SD. I don't see how it's so hard for you to understand that.

Logical 03-17-2006 04:32 PM

Other than because I now live in San Diego home of the bandwagon fan kingdom. I have nothing against Rivers. But since I am here I hope he tanks as badly as Ryan Leaf did.

Otter 03-17-2006 04:35 PM

Yep, you would think they would have kept Brees and auctioned off Rivers

The only thing that could be worse for a QB than being drafted by Marty would be being drafted by the Chiefs. And why didn't Brees get that big ass mole removed now that he has all kinds of money?