ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football KC Super Bowl hosting bid? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277208)

CaliforniaChief 10-08-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lprechaun (Post 10064425)
Surely KC has better than 25k hotel rooms within an hour drive. (the hour drive is the stipulation put on this)

Yeah, doesn't the Motel 6 in Bolivar have a max capacity of 85? That has to count for something.

vailpass 10-08-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10064454)
One hour drive?

:facepalm:

Logistical nightmare.

Through ice and snow from a shitty motel room?
no.

Brock 10-08-2013 04:03 PM

Nobody wants to come to cold ass KC in February.

Chief Roundup 10-08-2013 04:04 PM

Don't know what the difference is in the number of hotels between Tampa and KC would be, but when I lived in Florida I worked for the communications supplier for the SB. NFL communications asked our people about renting/subletting their homes for a week. I know of 2 that took advantage and got 10k for it.

DaneMcCloud 10-08-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lprechaun (Post 10064461)
Thats the NFL guideline... it says better than 25k rooms within an hour drive.

But you do realize that first off, even that's unlikely and secondly, who's going to want to stay in a hotel in the middle of nowhere to go to a Super Bowl?

Staying in Times Square or Union Square is very different than staying in Warrensburg or Lawrence.

Lprechaun 10-08-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10064468)
Nobody wants to come to cold ass KC in February.

They went to cold ass Detroit... Im sure coming to KC would be more appealing than Detroit!

Lprechaun 10-08-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 10064474)
Don't know what the difference is in the number of hotels between Tampa and KC would be, but when I lived in Florida I worked for the communications supplier for the SB. NFL communications asked our people about renting/subletting their homes for a week. I know of 2 that took advantage and got 10k for it.

I live just south of Tamp about 65 miles and was offered 5k for the week for my condo the last Super Bowl here. They advertise it on the radio for people to rent their homes, condos, apts for people who will pay TONS for a bed for a week.

Brock 10-08-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lprechaun (Post 10064476)
They went to cold ass Detroit... Im sure coming to KC would be more appealing than Detroit!

Detroit's a stupid place for a sb too.

jettio 10-08-2013 04:15 PM

A rolling roof was on the ballot to be paid for by Jackson County use tax paid by businesses.

That did not pass, but the ballot measure to publicly fund most of the stadium renovations for Arrowhead and the K did pass.

That decided it. IIRC, I think NFL pledged a KC Super Bowl if measure passed and Rolling Roof.

I rather see the Chiefs make it to a few Super Bowls no matter where it is played. Unless you have a business that makes money on a big event coming to town or love parties and celebrities. I don't think it would be any great thrill to have two out-of-town teams play for the Lombardi at Arrowhead.

hometeam 10-08-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lprechaun (Post 10064299)
And the way football should be played time to time. Domes are for sissys. Every NFL city should get a Super Bowl before a city gets two. The NFL cash cow needs to spread that wealth around. The money it would bring to KC and the interest in the city it would bring would be immense.
And if you think Jacksonville would be bad than move the team, its a league of parody and needs to be fair for each city when it comes to the biggest game of the year.

NFL isn't interested in spreading wealth. They are interested in acquiring wealth.

So unless KC has a roof. Forget about it. NYC only got it because of the city. And they will be the only exception to the 'rule'.

frozenchief 10-08-2013 04:52 PM

Its the KC airport. The NFL would have to pay for all of the extra TSA workers to man each gate and they don't want to pay those fees. Hell, the extra TSA workers would take a few thousand hotel rooms themselves.

Halfcan 10-08-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lprechaun (Post 10064192)
Have I missed something the last few years or has KC not put in a bid to host a Super Bowl? With the NFL allowing cold weather games every now and then and the newly renovated stadium is there even the slightest chance they would be granted the big game? Would it be more contingent on us winning a few playoff games or a Super Bowl before be taken seriously?

If the Jackson County voters would have paid another 500 million to put a plastic baggy looking roof on our beautiful Arrowhead-the NFL said they would consider it. We said F U and voted it down. So doubtful it will ever happen.

They can't have Justin Beaver getting rained on or have the kardashrians chilly. Football should be played inside in a controlled environment-don't you know-lol

DaneMcCloud 10-08-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 10064474)

LMAO

You're talking about a resort community versus a metropolitan area that's completely spread out.

GESteve 10-08-2013 05:03 PM

New Orleans is lights out the best place for a Super Bowl

Mojo Jojo 10-08-2013 05:10 PM

In order of KC to qualify for hotel rooms...Topeka has to be included. The last bid Lamar put in included Topeka and Columbia for rooms.