ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Beuchele / Henne (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=344941)

lcarus 08-26-2022 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 16429551)
Henne won us the Browns game and made sure we got to go to back to back Super Bowls. He’s the backup for however long he wants

We won that game by the grace of god and by the skin of our teeth.

Chris Meck 08-26-2022 05:25 AM

Everyone talks about how Henne iced the Browns game with the 4th and short throw...

but you know...

Buchele would've made the first on the scramble and wouldn't have had to make the 4th down throw.

We're not scoring a bunch of points either way should Mahomes go down.

Henne's never been much, and I don't see much now, either.

DrunkBassGuitar 08-26-2022 05:25 AM

I was saying Boochelle

oldman 08-26-2022 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 16429551)
Henne won us the Browns game and made sure we got to go to back to back Super Bowls. He’s the backup for however long he wants

By that logic, we'd still have Mike Livingston chucking the ball to Robert Holmes. Henne's 41/57 for 359 yards and 2 TDs in FOUR YEARS hardly reserves a spot on the Ring.

tmax63 08-26-2022 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 16429575)
Buechele.

I doubt anyone picks up Henne. If something happens to Mahomes, you could probably resign Henne if need be.

This. Keep his # in the rolodex in case something happens but Buechele is far more likely to get poached if you did release him at the cutdown.

Molitoth 08-26-2022 06:30 AM

Henne was awful last night.

rabblerouser 08-26-2022 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 16429500)
Yes, serious. Henne had a pretty shitty game today. But he's also already proven multiple times to Reid that he can step in and be adequate in Mahome's absence. Reid isn't going to want a project for a backup QB to Mahomes. Not when you've got a reasonably proven vet that already knows the playbook and the team. Just stating what I think Reid will do, as he's typically been pretty predictable.

I am going to quote myself, highlighted parts especially pertinent :

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 16429439)
Buchele has more upside, and I wouldn't have trusted Buchele to make those plays 2 years ago, I'd probably have more faith in him on a purely athletic standpoint to do it from this point on, because Henne is literally at the point where he's hit that "wall"; he looks like he's stuck in molasses, so he can't evade rushers and is a liability to turn the ball over and/or get hurt when he does inevitably get lit the **** up, and then on top of that, he can't throw for shit any more.

He was throwing air balls with the 1s, and the balls were haaaaaaaanging in the air...he has to put all that air under the ball to even get any depth on his throws, and the result is off-target throws that have zero chance of being timed correctly with his intended receiver.
It's amazing he didn't get one picked tonight.

Someone gif up one of those hanging air balls from tonight.

He'a ****ing awful.

morphius 08-26-2022 06:39 AM

This preseason they have both been mediocre to bad. Reid would be pulling out the full playbook to try to make either of these two look good in an actual game.

Lzen 08-26-2022 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 16429674)
I am going to quote myself, highlighted parts especially pertinent :

Henne did throw a nice deep ball to Skyy Moore. It got knocked down by the defender who also was called for PI. Other than that, Henne was meh. I like Bueschele and would prefer him to be the #2. But we haven't seen him against really good defenders. I thought he played decently last night until late in the 3rd and into the 4th quarter. That seemed to be an issue with his offensive line of 3rd and 4th stringers who couldn't give him more than 1 second a lot of times.

rabblerouser 08-26-2022 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 16429723)
Henne did throw a nice deep ball to Skyy Moore. It got knocked down by the defender who also was called for PI. Other than that, Henne was meh. I like Bueschele and would prefer him to be the #2. But we haven't seen him against really good defenders. I thought he played decently last night until late in the 3rd and into the 4th quarter. That seemed to be an issue with his offensive line of 3rd and 4th stringers who couldn't give him more than 1 second a lot of times.

I thought Booooshell got pulled late in the 3rd

shows what I know

ChiefaRoo 08-26-2022 07:48 AM

Buechele is better. Henne could be resigned.

htismaqe 08-26-2022 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 16429601)
Everyone talks about how Henne iced the Browns game with the 4th and short throw...

but you know...

Buchele would've made the first on the scramble and wouldn't have had to make the 4th down throw.

We're not scoring a bunch of points either way should Mahomes go down.

Henne's never been much, and I don't see much now, either.

QFT

I've seen enough of Henne. He's a turd.

Zebedee DuBois 08-26-2022 08:06 AM

In in for a Beuchele and a peck.

BWillie 08-26-2022 08:20 AM

Go with the QB that isn't 37

chiefzilla1501 08-26-2022 08:57 AM

Im trying to recall Andy Reid’s long line of decent backup qbs who could win just enough games to keep them in it. The detmers, feeley, kolb.

I feel like chase Daniel and henne are pretty similar. While buechele reminds me of Matt Moore. I can’t remember those guys above. Were they more like henne or more like moore?