ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Why are Athletes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=118119)

Fire Me Boy! 06-18-2005 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545
I can't even imagine the severe psychological problems and character flaws that would cause someone to want to be famous.

:hmmm:

well then... BITE ME!

I think I'm pretty well rounded. Parents still have a good marriage after 30+ years... no abuse... good high school memories, great college. Fantastic, supportive wife and the rest of the family...

mikey23545 06-18-2005 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!
:hmmm:

well then... BITE ME!

I think I'm pretty well rounded. Parents still have a good marriage after 30+ years... no abuse... good high school memories, great college. Fantastic, supportive wife and the rest of the family...

All that, and yet you have the need to be "famous"....

Thanks for proving my point....

Fire Me Boy! 06-18-2005 05:08 AM

Quote:

All that, and yet you have the need to be "famous"....

Thanks for proving my point....

:spock:

Are you serious? It has nothing to do with psychological issues or character flaws... it's that my dream for a LONG time has been to be a successful filmmaker -- in that industry, success is measured by fame. If I could be Hitchcock/Kubrick/Spielberg successful as a director WITHOUT the fame, I would, but we all know that ain't gonna happen...

If you're not being serious, fine. If you are -- **** right off. I'm not sitting here calling you names and questioning your worth because of what you want to do.

mikey23545 06-18-2005 05:10 AM

Dude, you weren't saying you wanted to be a great success in your field. You said you wanted to be famous.
If fame came along with realizing your goal, that's one thing. But being in love with being famous?
Seek counseling.

Fire Me Boy! 06-18-2005 05:12 AM

Quote:

Dude, you weren't saying you wanted to be a great success in your field. You said you wanted to be famous.
If fame came along with realizing your goal, that's one thing. But being in love with being famous?
Seek counseling.

OK, I can see where you're coming from now... sorry there was a thread earlier where I had mentioned my goals as a filmmaker. Sure, wanting to be famous for the sake of being famous is a little sick.

Fire Me Boy! 06-18-2005 05:15 AM

I'm bitchy today... I need to go to bed (I'm 40 minutes away from finishing my work tonight -- I haven't slept since this time yesterday).

mikey23545 06-18-2005 05:17 AM

Quote:

OK, I can see where you're coming from now... sorry there was a thread earlier that detailed my goals. Sure, being famous for the sake of being famous is a little sick.

Hey, I'm just messin' with you. I enjoy your posts, and I think this one just didn't come out the way you really meant it...
:thumb:

But believe me, if you have all the things you were talking about before, you are already a blessed man.

Fire Me Boy! 06-18-2005 05:21 AM

I know I'm blessed, but thanks! I'm just chasin' my dream, man. And I'm fired up right now because very soon I'll be going after that dream again -- something I haven't done in 4 years!

mikey23545 06-18-2005 05:22 AM

Quote:

I know I'm blessed, but thanks! I'm just chasin' my dream, man. And I'm fired up right now because very soon I'll be going after that dream again -- something I haven't done in 4 years!

Well, good luck, my friend...It's good to have a dream.

BigRedChief 06-18-2005 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray
The label of 'role model' has been thrust upon athletes because too many kids need one?

No Chit, I coach little league baseball and almost every year I have 3 to 4 kids on the team who have no male involvement in their lives. I'm the closest thing they have to a male role model that they have. It's sad. But I have saved a few from going down the wrong path.

mikey23545 06-18-2005 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief
No Chit, I coach little league baseball and almost every year I have 3 to 4 kids on the team who have no male involvement in their lives. I'm the closest thing they have to a male role model that they have. It's sad. But I have saved a few from going down the wrong path.

Kudos to you, my man....

bevischief 12-13-2009 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 2521826)
3 reasons:
1. Because an athlete is supposed to be in peak condition. If they're shoving drugs and alcohol into their bodies, we're disappointed.
2. Kids worship athletes more than actors.
3. Entertainers (especially) musicians get a pass for a lot of stupid crap because it comes with the party lifestyle.

I think I have heard this recently some where...

Rausch 12-13-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 2522054)
I know I'm blessed, but thanks! I'm just chasin' my dream, man.

:D

http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/2005_...errell_007.jpg

Gonzo 12-13-2009 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevy369 (Post 6340977)
I think I have heard this recently some where...

In a thread bumping mood today Chev?
Posted via Mobile Device

bevischief 12-13-2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 6341132)
In a thread bumping mood today Chev?
Posted via Mobile Device

Bored at the time...