ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ***Official U.S. Open Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=142310)

RockChalk 06-15-2006 12:55 PM

Tiger Tiger Wood y'all. I don't know why most golf fans (who for the most part don't know sh*t about the game anyways) require that Tiger be in the hunt on Sunday to make it worth watching on TV. There are plently of other great golfers to cheer for.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-15-2006 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lattimer
Man Tiger - that was a nasty start. What is it w/him and Thursday at a major?

The Swedes have a long standing policy of Sexcapade Wednesdays. Without his legs under him, the Tigger just can't expect to have his A game. :shrug:

Bootlegged 06-15-2006 01:54 PM

Tiger is fooked.

RockChalk 06-15-2006 03:06 PM

Tiger is really fooked. BTW, why does he act as if he is the first person ever to have a father die. I mean the media plays this thing up as if Tiger would be achieving the unthinkable by winning the Open. Yeah, his dad died..tragic. But 100s of dads die everyday, he's not the only fucking person to lose a parent.

Skyy God 06-15-2006 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins
The Swedes have a long standing policy of Sexcapade Wednesdays. Without his legs under him, the Tigger just can't expect to have his A game. :shrug:

Ulla like to have sex at 11. What time should I come in?

WilliamTheIrish 06-15-2006 06:36 PM

Anybody else see the guy's putt on hole #1? (Dean I think). He barely touched it and it rolled, and rolled and rolled.... clear off the green.

stevieray 06-15-2006 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish
Anybody else see the guy's putt on hole #1? (Dean I think). He barely touched it and it rolled, and rolled and rolled.... clear off the green.

It's been fun watching you getting hooked on golf. I hope we can play someday.

WilliamTheIrish 06-15-2006 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray
It's been fun watching you getting hooked on golf. I hope we can play someday.

Pretty hilarious huh? I can play just about anytime. It's be a great fun to play a round.

stevieray 06-15-2006 06:58 PM

Quote:

Pretty hilarious huh? I can play just about anytime. It's be a great fun to play a round.

yup! I'll drag Phob out and we'll do it!

WilliamTheIrish 06-15-2006 07:01 PM

My favorite player did pretty well today. Ol' Freddy Funk, short hitter that he is, played the course in +1 today. I'd love to see Freddy pull this off. It'd be a real feather in his cap at 50 years of age.

Sam Hall 06-15-2006 08:47 PM

I think I can speak for everyone in saying that I sure as hell hope Monty doesn't win. Today was supposed to be the best day for scoring. I have a feeling this could get ugly.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-16-2006 09:13 AM

Quote:

My favorite player did pretty well today. Ol' Freddy Funk, short hitter that he is, played the course in +1 today. I'd love to see Freddy pull this off. It'd be a real feather in his cap at 50 years of age.

Funk's an easy guy to like, but I don't know if his putter will hold up long enough for him to win. I think he can contend, but I don't know if he can win.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-16-2006 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DubbleDownBKU
Tiger is really fooked. BTW, why does he act as if he is the first person ever to have a father die. I mean the media plays this thing up as if Tiger would be achieving the unthinkable by winning the Open. Yeah, his dad died..tragic. But 100s of dads die everyday, he's not the only fucking person to lose a parent.

NBC's sports coverage has been in the shitter. They need ratings. Tiger's sentimental story probably = ratings.

The thing that bothers me the most about the Earl Woods thing is that if his kid wouldn't have had all the talent that he did it would have been little different than Marv and Todd Marinovich (not quite as psycho though). To lionize the guy because his son hit the genetic lottery just doesn't make very much sense to me.

Bootlegged 06-16-2006 09:51 AM

Tiger is toast. Probably will miss the cut.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-16-2006 09:52 AM

Stricker shoots 69 with a hole out on the last hole despite yanking the monkey piss out of his last 5 irons. He's tied for the lead. Definitely headed for a 79 some time on the weekend.