ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Please don't jump off the bridge just yet... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=144463)

Lzen 07-28-2006 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
Did you major in physics?

ROFL

Baby Lee 07-28-2006 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicy McHaggis
This event is something that we expected to deal with next year after our SB run, and now have to deal with it in the here and now, by going into rebuild mode with aging talent without sniffing the playoffs.

FYP

Chiefs Pantalones 07-28-2006 12:11 PM

I'm not concerned. We have Herm Edwards to rah-rah us to victory!!! :)

Seriously, though, I don't think it will be that bad. Sure, it's a blow, but we have a whole training camp and preseason to get one of the others to step up. I'm still excited about the season.

htismaqe 07-28-2006 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
that's crap ..... if you don't think that herm's conservatism will put more pressure on the need for great offensive line play then you've just smoked a bowl and haven't come back down yet.

Have you ever played offensive line?

Run blocking is MUCH less difficult than pass blocking, especially if you take out the swing/pull plays and run straight ahead.

Even Jordan Black can do it.

tk13 07-28-2006 12:30 PM

I don't think anyone is concerned about the run blocking as much as they are Trent getting sacked 5 times a game.

BigRedChief 07-28-2006 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
I don't think anyone is concerned about the run blocking as much as they are Trent getting sacked 5 times a game.

And then a rookie puts down the clipboard and trots out onto the field.
:banghead:

tk13 07-28-2006 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief
And then a rookie puts down the clipboard and trots out onto the field.
:banghead:

Not if I'm the coach. Huard can take that beating just fine, thank you. :)

|Zach| 07-28-2006 02:02 PM

I think there is a big difference between knowing you are the guy through training camp and preseason and working with other lineman as a unit and being dropped in the middle of the fire...

NJ Chief Fan 07-28-2006 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13

casey printers will be starter by week 4 if this happens...were goin to need a qb that is goin to be able to avoid some of the defensive rush

beer bacon 07-28-2006 02:20 PM

Casey "Vick" Printers is going to lead us to the playoffs!

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-28-2006 02:21 PM

One bright note is that we are better off having to replace Roaf this year and Shields next year rather than having to fill both vacancies at the same time.
Right.

Predarat 07-28-2006 02:29 PM

Who needs a bridge when ive got a nice shower rod?

Imon Yourside 07-28-2006 02:38 PM

Everyone has been clamoring for the QBOTF, so what we get to experience it much sooner than predicted.

htismaqe 07-28-2006 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer
One bright note is that we are better off having to replace Roaf this year and Shields next year rather than having to fill both vacancies at the same time.
Right.

True.

htismaqe 07-28-2006 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachKC
I think there is a big difference between knowing you are the guy through training camp and preseason and working with other lineman as a unit and being dropped in the middle of the fire...

Very true.