ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Update, I have surgery scheduled for Monday. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=179249)

ROYC75 01-25-2008 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox
I sincerely hope the 15 cm (about 6 inches) kindey stone was a typo.

Good luck, prayers, and get well soon.

I thought she said cm, maybe it's mm ? She said it was a whopper and that it can not pass on it's own. It's lodged at the kidney & ureter tube, she thinks it's sucked in their .

Here's a pic of where it's at ..... ( not my pic, just an image )
http://d.yimg.com/origin1.lifestyles...nr55552040.jpg

Reerun_KC 01-25-2008 10:03 AM

Dude been there done that! I wish you the best, I know it is painful and I wouldnt wish it on anyone...

15MM? YOU have to be kidding? That would be like trying to pass a watermelon full of razor blades!

I had the surgery where they break them up and you piss a sandbox for a couple of weeks.

Well I am kidney stone free as of now..

Prays to you buddy.

Frazod 01-25-2008 10:05 AM

Best of luck, Roy.

Are you sure you don't want the shirt back? :D

Bwana 01-25-2008 10:06 AM

Good luck Roy, I know you will come out of it like a champ! :thumb:

ROYC75 01-25-2008 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC
Dude been there done that! I wish you the best, I know it is painful and I wouldnt wish it on anyone...

15MM? YOU have to be kidding? That would be like trying to pass a watermelon full of razor blades!

I had the surgery where they break them up and you piss a sandbox for a couple of weeks.

Well I am kidney stone free as of now..

Prays to you buddy.

OK, No watermelons here, but how ever they measure those basturds, it's 15 something ....... :D

Reerun_KC 01-25-2008 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75
OK, No watermelons here, but how ever they measure those basturds, it's 15 something ....... :D

IT is in MM... I passed a 4mm stone one time and I thought I was going to die!... I looked like a sand spur or a BB from hell... Holy crap.. When those are coming down the ureter tube, all you can do is just cry and puke.

So if you have a 15MM you cant possible pass that... The need to break it up with liptotripsy (spelling) into tiny little pieces so you can just wizz them out.

ROYC75 01-25-2008 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC
IT is in MM... I passed a 4mm stone one time and I thought I was going to die!... I looked like a sand spur or a BB from hell... Holy crap.. When those are coming down the ureter tube, all you can do is just cry and puke.

So if you have a 15MM you cant possible pass that... The need to break it up with liptotripsy (spelling) into tiny little pieces so you can just wizz them out.

That's the game plan, the big on is 15, they have to get it freed up away from the ureter tube opening so that kidney can drain.

I have a few others, 1@ 3-4, 1 @ 4-5 in the left kidney and 1@ 3 in my bladder .

I passed some before, the very 1st one in 1997, I thought I was going to die. :eek: Ripped me open and I bleed like a pig with it's throat cut open. I'll never forget that pain, NEVER !

In 2003, I passed a smaller one that looked like a sand bur ...... damn thing was like the spiked punk basturd from hell !

ROYC75 01-25-2008 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
Best of luck, Roy.

Are you sure you don't want the shirt back? :D

:cuss: No ******* way, you keep that evil cloth.

Frazod 01-25-2008 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75
:cuss: No ******* way, you keep that evil cloth.

Dude, your body has basically imploded since you sent it to me. I think it's a good luck charm for you.

I'll be sure to wear it on Monday and think of you. :)

ClevelandBronco 01-25-2008 10:33 AM

It's been a rough couple of months for you. I'm sorry to hear it. I'll be ramping the prayers back up.

RJ 01-25-2008 10:43 AM

Best of luck to you Roy. We'll luck forward to seeing you back on the board by Tuesday. :thumb:

38yrsfan 01-25-2008 11:52 AM

Prayers and good luck wishes for you ....

ROYC75 01-27-2008 05:36 PM

Anybody here had this done before ? I have had the scope up the penis, hurt like hell, but this procedure is much longer. No way I'm going thru it without being put to sleep.

Buehler445 01-27-2008 06:11 PM

Holy cow, big man. Sorry to hear all this. I'll send a prayer your way.

As to which organ to say F-U to, I'd probably choose kidneys. They are a lot easier to get by without than the heart. My grandpa has dialysis 3 times per week and has for 10 years.

Just be sure you do what the drs. say! Best of luck man!!

Groves 01-27-2008 07:05 PM

I've had numerous stones, but only recently have they been large enough to require a doctors assistance.

If they're going to blast the large stone using sound waves, you'll love it. For sure, they gots to go up the pipe, but you'll be "under" enough not to know, even if not technically so.

The stint I had was temporary, but it was irritating as all get out. The stones themselves are cake after they get blasted. Those smaller ones may be too small to blast effectively.

The blasting will unfortunately also give you what amounts to some kidney punches, so you'll do a lot of "yellow and red make orange" type of peeing for a short while.

Getting that stint out was a very very happy day.

I don't think the stones or stone fragments actually cause any pain other than the pain of pressure via blocking a passageway. Yes, they look like crystal sandburs (not the drink), but the only pain those organs can feel is from pressure.

But believe me, no matter how it's caused, it's some serious pain. I've got my own little film cannister "maraca" to show that I know what you're talking about.

Man up, waltz in like you own the place, be nice to the staff, and don't let cell pictures of your penis tatoo make it back to your mother.