ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Kris Wilson visiting Eagles today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=182111)

Frazod 03-26-2008 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pikesome (Post 4650365)
Some get fired up because he didn't amount to crap here.

Although that might not be Wilson's fault, the Chiefs never did seem to have a clear vision on how to use him. Maybe that's because he can't do anything well enough or maybe not.

To be fair, we haven't had a clear vision of how to do a goddamn thing here for years. Except destroying the defense, and then destroying the offense. Bigfoot might end up being a Pro Bowl FB/TE/who knows??? when not coached by reeruns.

Yaaaaaaay Carl, Dick and Herm. :bang:

HemiEd 03-26-2008 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pikesome (Post 4650410)
Depends, it's easy to look at him a say "suck" but without Tony he might have got a shot to be a plain pass-catching TE. And he might have been good. The Chiefs just never had a spot for him in that role.

Exactly, in 2006 he caught everything thrown his way. He pulled a Trent Green, poorly thrown TD catch absolutely inches off of the ground. You guys have seen it many times when Trent would over throw the ball and have it go straight to the ground.
He had no opportunities his first year, very few his second. But in 2006 he was turning into an offensive weapon, a threat. He had one drop of a catchable pass his first three years.
He did everything he was given a chance to do, very well, until Herm moved him. He clearly did not become a good FB in one season. Just another Herm ****up, that will end up doing well on another team. He should have never been drafted by the Chiefs, that is where the biggest mistake was made.

HemiEd 03-26-2008 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 4650563)
To be fair, we haven't had a clear vision of how to do a goddamn thing here for years. Except destroying the defense, and then destroying the offense. Bigfoot might end up being a Pro Bowl FB/TE/who knows??? when not coached by reeruns.

Yaaaaaaay Carl, Dick and Herm. :bang:

for sure.

Deberg_1990 03-26-2008 01:07 PM

Quit making excuses for this guy. He had multiple chances to prove himself.

A turd is a turd.

El Jefe 03-26-2008 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 4650388)
If he was productive at FB, we would have kept him, because we don't have a fullback. I can't say that he did anything bad, but he never did anything good, either.

Oliver Hoyte is a FB.

Rain Man 03-26-2008 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsfanGoLJ (Post 4650621)
Oliver Hoyte is a FB.

Besides Oliver Hoyte, I mean.

el borracho 03-26-2008 01:19 PM

Wilson has good hands but is too short to be a real TE and too slow to be a WR. I actually thought he did ok at FB but that isn't really a position where a player can be brilliant, is it? We probably should have thrown to him more but our disaster of a line required too much help blocking and our unimaginative coaches didn't send him on many routes the last two years. All in all, he is a good (not great) blocker with great hands but average speed; he could probably be most helpful on 3rd downs.

El Jefe 03-26-2008 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 4650623)
Besides Oliver Hoyte, I mean.

Gotcha :thumb:

KCrockaholic 03-26-2008 02:11 PM

well, good luck in philly Kris

BigRock 03-26-2008 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 4650593)
Exactly, in 2006 he caught everything thrown his way. He pulled a Trent Green, poorly thrown TD catch absolutely inches off of the ground. You guys have seen it many times when Trent would over throw the ball and have it go straight to the ground.
He had no opportunities his first year, very few his second. But in 2006 he was turning into an offensive weapon, a threat. He had one drop of a catchable pass his first three years.
He did everything he was given a chance to do, very well, until Herm moved him. He clearly did not become a good FB in one season. Just another Herm ****up, that will end up doing well on another team.

I can't believe someone seriously used the phrase "offensive weapon" in a thread about Kris Wilson, but just to clear things up, Wilson didn't do anything in 2006 until Herm moved him to fullback. Prior to that he had 3 catches for 18 yards on the season.

His wonderous 2006 season that you recall so fondly only happened because Herm moved him. Then you turn around and trash Herm for doing it.

stlchiefs 03-26-2008 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 4650593)
Just another Herm ****up, that will end up doing well on another team.

I'm not sure I'd blame this on Herm. Wilson was a Chief for 4 years and never did much, Herm has only been here 2. Even with Al Saunders the Offensive guru at the helm Wilson didn't really do anything worthy of a 2nd round pick. I'm not Herm disciple, but I find it hard to pin this on Herm when he didn't draft Wilson and 2 coaching staffs have not been able to get the guy to produce up to his "potential".

the Talking Can 03-26-2008 03:01 PM

bye bye to a terrible waste of a 2nd round pick....

philfree 03-26-2008 03:04 PM

One thing that might have effected Wilson's production with the Chiefs is the fact that he broke his leg during a preseason game his rookie year.

PhilFree:arrow:

the Talking Can 03-26-2008 04:02 PM

or that he sucked

milkman 03-26-2008 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 4650899)
bye bye to a terrible waste of a 2nd round pick....

Seems we have posts like this one annually.