ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Mike Mayock >>>>> Mel Kiper (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=183755)

Deberg_1990 04-27-2008 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 4716762)
"
The only drag about the NFL Network broadcast was that it wasn't in HD.

They do broaccast in HD, if you have Dish Network, Direct TV or AT&T Uverse.

eazyb81 04-27-2008 08:07 AM

Sorry, but I love Kiper. Mayock definitely knows his shit, but for me, the draft isn't the draft without Kiper. It's obvious ESPN has told him to tone it down in recent years, because he used to just routinely bash teams. I grew up watching the draft with Kiper, and I can't change now.

He's certainly not always right, but he's passionate about what he thinks and knows the players. Frankly, I would like ESPN's coverage more if Mort and Keyshawn were gone and it was just Kiper, Berman, and maybe Jaws.

milkman 04-27-2008 08:18 AM

I don't dislike ESPN because of the personalities.

I dislike it because they don't really cover the draft.

After about the 10th pick or so, they start showing these videos they;ve prepared for certain players.

They tell us all about those players, from what they can do on the field to what their favorite ****ing popcorn is, or some stupid shit like that.

Then they go to commercials.

By the time they get back to the actual draft, 8,9, 10 players have been selected, and they simply update us with a list.

Then it's back to player profiles.

Goddamn it.

I don't ****ing care that Jake Long uses ****ing Charmin to wipe his ass after he shits.

I turn on the draft to watch the ****ing draft you dumbass muther****ers.

eazyb81 04-27-2008 08:25 AM

Yeah, it seems like ESPN is trying to cater to the casual fan, rather than the hardcore draft fan.

Honestly, I would be perfectly content with Kiper and Trey Wingo sitting at a card table and just talking about each pick as it's announced. I don't need Keyshawn, Chris Carter, Mort, and a rountable of newspaper columnists talking about everything under the sun.

milkman 04-27-2008 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 4717199)
Yeah, it seems like ESPN is trying to cater to the casual fan, rather than the hardcore draft fan.

Honestly, I would be perfectly content with Kiper and Trey Wingo sitting at a card table and just talking about each pick as it's announced. I don't need Keyshawn, Chris Carter, Mort, and a rountable of newspaper columnists talking about everything under the sun.

And after the first couple of rounds, the casual fan is off golfing, or fishing, or stroking his stick, or something other than watching the draft.

crazycoffey 04-27-2008 08:33 AM

I miss NFL network....

and the DVR

Skip Towne 04-27-2008 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 4716677)
Tell that to Time Warner fucking Cable.

Friends don't let friends watch cable.