ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Who would you rather have....Laurinaitas or Maualuga? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=191243)

chief52 09-11-2008 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5004321)
Which means by the time he gets drafted it will be super long again....he looks more like a badass with the hair anyway.

I think so too. He is awesome. I watched him play back in high school. What a combo of strength and speed.

teedubya 09-11-2008 06:49 AM

Laurinaitas & Maualuga both sound like a disease one might get from a Brazilian hooker.

Demonpenz 09-11-2008 07:35 AM

i don't like magula too much. he shy's away from contact

El Jefe 09-11-2008 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5003230)
This is all I gotta say...

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i5...d29a13f594.jpg

Maualuga on the left Cushing on the right..JL in the middle, notice how much larger the SC players are.

10 dollars says JL is faster than both of them. I personally would take JL, he makes plays, he is above average in coverage and stopping the run. I am disappointed with our DC not blitzing with him more. Rey is a great player also, but I would take JL in a heartbeat.

El Jefe 09-11-2008 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 5003399)
Maualuga all day every day. In the big games of Ohio State, son of the Road Warrior wasn't impressive.

LMAO. This is why people who don't know what they are talking about shouldn't say stupid crap. He sets the BCS Championship record with 18 tackles, but yea that is not impressive LMAO.

King_Chief_Fan 09-11-2008 07:53 AM

those sound like horrible diseases. Is there a cure for either?

Mecca 09-11-2008 07:55 AM

Lets be honest he had alot of tackles but they were downfield, the only player that was remotely impressive against LSU was Jenkins.

El Jefe 09-11-2008 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5004433)
Lets be honest he had alot of tackles but they were downfield, the only player that was remotely impressive against LSU was Jenkins.

4 were for negative stops. It's a moot point, it's a lot like people who watch the NBA and gripe about someone who scores a lot that they don't like. I always hear "well yeah he did score 40 but almost 1/2 of the buckets were dunks". So since they were dunks they are supposedly easier and shouldn't count. Point being yes he did have downfield tackles, he also had a lot of short tackles as well. Since he chased someone down in the secondary those tackles shouldn't count?

El Jefe 09-11-2008 08:04 AM

Quote:

I thought Beenie Wells out running the fastest defense in the country was impressive. Steltz didn't have a chance at catching him and he had an angle on him.

Chiefnj2 09-11-2008 08:13 AM

Quote:

Of course tackles were downfield, the DL, including the much overhyped Gholston, were getting blown off the ball.

Mecca 09-11-2008 08:13 AM

I'm just saying he didn't look impressive, his stat line was way more impressive than his actual game performance.

And I think Maualuga is better now and will be a better pro.....Hell I think Cushing is better too actually.

Mr. Arrowhead 09-11-2008 08:14 AM

Maualuga is a beast

El Jefe 09-11-2008 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5004462)
I'm just saying he didn't look impressive, his stat line was way more impressive than his actual game performance.

And I think Maualuga is better now and will be a better pro.....Hell I think Cushing is better too actually.

Ok Mark May.

ohiobronco2 09-11-2008 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5004462)

Frankly I'm of the opinion that everybody who plays for USC is better than the best player that OSU has. Have you seen USC's water boy. :rolleyes:

ChiefsCountry 09-11-2008 11:32 AM

Suprise suprise all of the Ohio State homers think Laurinatias is better. Basically the only thing he has on Manuluga is he is quicker but that is it.