ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs If there was any doubt Belichik was running the show all along in New England (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=206806)

kysirsoze 04-27-2009 11:43 AM

Even Bellichick couldn't have traded out of the three spot. This is an absurdly premature assessment.

Is Scott Pioli jewish?

Lex Luthors 04-27-2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 5718563)
If that weren't bad enough rumors are he's now ready to give a contract with 36.5 million guaranteed to a guy who bears eery resemblance to the next Scott Mitchell.

These comparisons to Scott Mitchell are ridiculous. Cassel started 15 games for the Patriots last year, and he put up very good numbers. More importantly, his performance improved dramatically as the season progressed. He had an entire season to prove his value. Scott Mitchell only played part of a season with the Dolphins before he signed his big contract with Detroit.

However, if you INSIST upon comparing Matt Cassel to Scott Mitchell, you should know that in Mitchell's second season in Detroit he threw for over 4,300 yards with 32 TDs and a QB rating of 92.3. If Cassel puts up numbers like that, I think most Chiefs fans would be just fine with that.

Mitchell had a very brief career because of several injuries, not because he lacked talent.

kysirsoze 04-27-2009 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 5718903)
Racially insensitive remarks are constantly thrown around on this forum.
But this one struck a chord? Wow...

Really? I don't see many of them. Offensive remarks regarding gender, sexual orientation, and the mentally handicapped, but not a lot of race related stuff.

htismaqe 04-27-2009 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 5718904)
I thought they traded up for either Seymore, Wilfork or the third guy that I can't freaking remember right this second... Are you freaking kidding me... why can't I remember this guys name.

Ugh. Anyways, I think they traded up for ONE of those guys, but not sure.

They traded during the Wilfork draft, but I don't know if it was up or down.

They took Ty Warren right around the time the Jags took Stroud. That pick was real mystery at the time.

I think it was Seymour that they traded up for.

jAZ 04-27-2009 11:51 AM

What a stupid f'ing thread.

kchero 04-27-2009 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 5718563)
Those doubts should be erased now. In this years draft Belichik manages to trade down and pick up 2 additional 2nd round picks (in addition to the 2 he already had) and 3 additional third rounders. He then parlays those picks into a good young strong safety, future nose tackle, starting cornerback, receiver, return man, and multiple good young lineman, in addition to two additional second rounders next year.

Meanwhile, all Scott Jewoli can muster out of his first day is a 50 million dollar 5 technique. No second round picks. No third round picks. No nothing. All he can muster out of his second day is maybe another halfway decent 5 technique. NO quality offensive lineman. No inside linebackers. No pass rushers. No quality receivers.

If that weren't bad enough rumors are he's now ready to give a contract with 36.5 million guaranteed to a guy who bears eery resemblance to the next Scott Mitchell.

I thought the Chiefs were supposed to be the rebuilding team that needed lots of good young football players at multiple positions?

If nothing else it appears Pioli evidently didn't learn everything from his master.

Cue the homers who wanna make every excuse under the sun or find ways to believe we had a better draft then the pats, I'll call it the way I see it.

Your an idiot.:shake:

SenselessChiefsFan 04-27-2009 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 5718920)
They traded during the Wilfork draft, but I don't know if it was up or down.

They took Ty Warren right around the time the Jags took Stroud. That pick was real mystery at the time.

I think it was Seymour that they traded up for.

I was trying to remember Warren.

Oddly, Seymore and Warren were both under rated at the time. All the analysts were 'less than' impressed.

Pitt Gorilla 04-27-2009 11:55 AM

Play him off...

Mr. Krab 04-27-2009 11:57 AM

That blabbering buffoon Chuck Cook could of ran this draft while Haley and Pioli were gone on vacation in Scotland.

Lzen 04-27-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kchero (Post 5718928)
Your an idiot.:shake:

Close, but it is "your and idiot". ;)

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-27-2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Krab's (Post 5718954)
That blabbering buffoon Chuck Cook could of ran this draft while Haley and Pioli were gone on vacation in Scotland.

Rounds 4 through 7 were certainly "Intern Blue Light Special".

RealSNR 04-27-2009 12:04 PM

I hate Jews.

Ooops! I mean, I think we had a terrible draft class.

(God, I hope nobody heard that.)

Archie Bunker 04-27-2009 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 5718979)
I hate Jews.

God, I hope nobody heard that.

LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-27-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 5718979)
I hate Jews.

(God, I hope nobody heard that.)

ROFL

CoMoChief 04-27-2009 12:10 PM

Yeah lets not forget that the Patriots had the 23rd pick and the Chiefs had the 3rd overall.

The Chiefs tried to trade down. Remember that in order to trade down someone has to want to trade up to your pick. With the 3rd pick, there is a lot to give up and a lot of money that's invested into that pick.

In other words, its much easier to trade down from the 23rd pick in the first rd than to trade down from the 3rd pick, especially this season where there wasn't a real strong top 10.