ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals Slugger puts out eye with hot dog, Royals sued. Film at 11. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=223841)

banyon 02-24-2010 10:28 AM

Damn, it. You can't just can't do anything fun these days without there being a lawsuit and ruining it.

This lawsuit looks like BS to me. The defense will be "assumption of risk" I would think. If this guy has been to a Royals game before, he knew that this happened, or if not, he should have known that baseballs (or bats) were likely to fly in the stands. If you go to a baseball game, get your damn hands up, Jesus.

mikeyis4dcats. 02-24-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcChiefsKing (Post 6555231)
God, you gotta be a pussy to sue for this. And he claims he also got cataracts from this. ....yeah, cataracts.
Posted via Mobile Device

you can get cataracts as a result of a detached retina.

If he had been hit by a ball or bat, I would agree with the assessment that those things are to be expected. What shouyld be expected is having someone sling a hotdog at you.

38yrsfan 02-24-2010 03:04 PM

what a weanie

Donger 02-24-2010 03:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
"Have you seen my wiener?"

-King- 02-24-2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 6555811)
you can get cataracts as a result of a detached retina.

If he had been hit by a ball or bat, I would agree with the assessment that those things are to be expected. What shouyld be expected is having someone sling a hotdog at you.

There's no way he developed it as a result of a hot dog hitting him in the eye. Fesco(sp) on 610 was talking about it this morning and he had an eye doctor and a person who deals with eye glasses confirm that there's no way this guy could have gotten cataracts from a weiner hitting him in the eye.

Hell, for a hot dog to have any type of damage, it would have to travel very ****ing fast.

I bet stuart scott wants to kick this pussy's ass right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

seclark 02-24-2010 03:16 PM

can you imagine all the jokes this dude's going to hear for the rest of his life?

if it was me, and i could get 25k out of it, i'd laugh my ass off w/the rest of them.
sec

Bill Lundberg 02-24-2010 03:20 PM

A wayward wiener earned Coomer the nickname "One Eye"

-King- 02-24-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 6556047)
can you imagine all the jokes this dude's going to hear for the rest of his life?

if it was me, and i could get 25k out of it, i'd laugh my ass off w/the rest of them.
sec

25k is a lot...but its not really worth this.

The fine print on the back of tickets protects the royals from losing. They're going to win and the guy will have to live the rest of his life as the guy who got injured by a hot dog.
Posted via Mobile Device

seclark 02-24-2010 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcChiefsKing (Post 6556061)
25k is a lot...but its not really worth this.

The fine print on the back of tickets protects the royals from losing. They're going to win and the guy will have to live the rest of his life as the guy who got injured by a hot dog.
Posted via Mobile Device

seriously, i agree. that you shouldn't get the cash.

i'm just saying i hope mr. iwasbeanedbyaweiner has a good sense of humor, cause it's coming.
sec

-King- 02-24-2010 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 6556075)
seriously, i agree. that you shouldn't get the cash.

i'm just saying i hope mr. iwasbeanedbyaweiner has a good sense of humor, cause it's coming.
sec

The gay jokes the guy has coming will be epic.
Posted via Mobile Device

mikeyis4dcats. 02-24-2010 04:26 PM

I guess it's karma, I start this thread then this afternoon I get my eyeball punctured by a piece of ice in the office parking lot.

mikeyis4dcats. 02-24-2010 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcChiefsKing (Post 6556046)
There's no way he developed it as a result of a hot dog hitting him in the eye. Fesco(sp) on 610 was talking about it this morning and he had an eye doctor and a person who deals with eye glasses confirm that there's no way this guy could have gotten cataracts from a weiner hitting him in the eye.

Hell, for a hot dog to have any type of damage, it would have to travel very ****ing fast.

I bet stuart scott wants to kick this pussy's ass right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

http://www.innvista.com/health/ailme...l/detached.htm

complications can include cataracts.

As far as what could have caused it, I was seriously in the office parking lot after lunch today looking at some equipment and had a small 1/2" flake of ice fell off the equipment and hit my eye. Doc says I have a puncture in my eyeball.

salame 02-24-2010 04:39 PM

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/...hotdog-600.jpg

luv 09-17-2013 01:41 PM

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/story/sup...602CqYD0x4V5QA

Supreme Court to Decide if KC Royals Mascot was Negligent in Hot Dog-Throwing Incident

A Royals fan who claims he suffered a detached retina when Sluggerrr the Mascot hit him in the face with a hot dog has taken his suit all the way to the Missouri Supreme Court.

Sports fan John Coomer is suing the Kansas City Royals for $25,000 on a claim of negligence. His attorney, Robert Tormohlen tells the Supreme Court Sluggerrr knew better, and had been trained on how to "throw the hot dogs lightly," and "was well aware that if he winged a hot dog at someone, he could seriously injure that person."

Judge Richard Teitelman asks if Coomer should have anticipated the risk, seeing that Coomer has been to more than 175 games. Judge Laura Denvir-Stith continued that line of questioning, pointing out that sports fans attend games not only for the game itself, but for the spectacle that comes with it.

The incident was reported in 2009; a jury ruled against Coomer in 2011, saying Coomer assumed the risk of a hot-dog-related injury when he bought his ticket to the game. Tormohlen says there's a difference between a hot dog and a t-shirt … he says the foil-wrapped dogs are essentially four-and-a-half ounce projectiles.

According to court documents, the suit alleges that "Sluggerrr lost control of his throw or was reckless with his throw, and threw the hotdog directly into the Plaintiff."

Kansas City Royals Baseball Corporation attorney Scott D. Hofer said the trial court correctly responded to Coomer's claims. He said Coomer acknowledged that he saw the motion of the throw, people cheering in his section and looked away.

"In this day and age, the 21st century, there's no way you don't know that these types of activities were taking place," Hofer says.

The Supreme Court will hand down an opinion at a later date.

Halfcan 09-17-2013 01:47 PM

Cataracts already-lol It will be dismissed and hopefully the Royals will sue his ass so others won't do this type of thing again.