ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Haley did the right thing.. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248417)

keg in kc 08-12-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 7821586)
Philly treated their game like a real game (starting Vick) and only hung up 13. Clearly they're going to be drafting top 5 next year.

The Chargers played their starters for several series last night but lost to Seattle. They're doomed.

FloridaMan88 08-12-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 7821586)
Philly treated their game like a real game (starting Vick) and only hung up 13. Clearly they're going to be drafting top 5 next year.

Philly scored a TD with Vick in the game. San Diego scored a TD with Rivers in the game.

The Chiefs didn't attempt a pass and had 2 turnovers with Cassel in the game.

Preseason is preseason, but you'd like to see your team at least look like an NFL-caliber team, especially when the starters are in.

The Chiefs look like a UFL tryout team tonight.

petegz28 08-12-2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsfan88 (Post 7821606)
Philly scored a TD with Vick in the game. San Diego scored a TD with Rivers in the game.

The Chiefs didn't attempt a pass and had 2 turnovers with Cassel in the game.

Preseason is preseason, but you'd like to see your team at least look like an NFL-caliber team, especially when the starters are in.

The Chiefs look like a UFL tryout team tonight.

San Diego took a huge chance playing their starters that much and their running game looked like total ass.

All things considered, the Chiefs haven't looked as bad as the score.

FloridaMan88 08-12-2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 7821611)

Actually they look worse than the score indicates.

petegz28 08-12-2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsfan88 (Post 7821616)

I don't think so. We were pinned at the 10 our first two possesions. You want Cassel dropping back in that siutation in the 1st pre-season game?

Seriously?

keg in kc 08-12-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 7821611)

I spent the first half wondering how in the world the Chiefs backups kept the score relatively close. I mean, Tampa didn't actually do very much on offense. I mean, get handed the ball on the 10 and you're pretty likely to get a touchdown. Other than that...pretty good for backups against starters. You'd think it should be a slaughter.

The offense on the other hand, backups didn't fair so well.

Ironically, if the situation was reversed, I would imagine there'd be a bit of concern that the Chiefs starters only managed 13 points against the other team's scrubs, and 10 of those points don't really count as good work by the offense, since they came off of short fields. Just one sustained drive? That's not very good.

If the situation was reversed.

DJ's left nut 08-12-2011 08:06 PM

Yeah, that's all well and good, but a season ticket to this ****ing game cost as much as a ticket to the Raiders game.

I didn't go because I'm sick as all hell right now, but the fact that I put down $200 for tickets to this game as part of the ST package is just absurd.

I disagree with giving a game away, but ultimately I understand it (he really did punt this game). My real beef is with the NFL and their ability to include these tickets in ST packages at full price.

DJ's left nut 08-12-2011 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsfan88 (Post 7821616)

I'm inclined to agree with you.

They've shown absolutely nothing at all. Obviously the real games wouldn't be anything like this, but this is an 0-16 effort. It's a pretty pathetic display, really.

petegz28 08-12-2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7821627)
I spent the first half wondering how in the world the Chiefs backups kept the score relatively close. I mean, Tampa didn't actually do very much on offense. I mean, get handed the ball on the 10 and you're pretty likely to get a touchdown. Other than that...pretty good for backups against starters. You'd think it should be a slaughter.

The offense on the other hand, backups didn't fair so well.

Ironically, if the situation was reversed, I would imagine there'd be a bit of concern that the Chiefs starters only managed 13 points against the other team's scrubs, and 10 of those points don't really count as good work by the offense, since they came off of short fields. Just one sustained drive? That's not very good.

If the situation was reversed.

I woul dhave liked to see our offensive backups do better but you don't know what's going through Haley's head either. Probably just calling some plays they ran through in camp knowing these are not going to be the guys playing next week at the start of the game.

Mr. Flopnuts 08-12-2011 08:10 PM

88, you are seriously at least 18% reeruned.

morphius 08-12-2011 08:13 PM

I like the way we did it just for the fact that we will have some good tape on our second string versus first string players. But man, it is still painful to watch.

petegz28 08-12-2011 08:17 PM

No Weigman, Charles, Mclain, Breaston, Dorsey, Gregg, Hali, Johnson, and who knows who else...

Cassel was there to hand off the ball only....

Tough to watch but most expected

Hammock Parties 08-12-2011 08:18 PM

http://womenonthefence.com/wp-conten...ight-thing.jpg

ArrowheadMagic 08-12-2011 08:22 PM

Good thing I donated my tickets to Big Brother/Big Sister. Nothing to really learn from this but watching the rookies. Bailey isnt as stout against the run as expected. Houston looks ok, JBrown, has some work to do. All in all, probably the worst game to attend, in the history of preseason.

Ming the Merciless 08-12-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 7821480)

Inexcusable performance from Cassel.

LMAO