ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Seriously,if the Chiefs... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254961)

KC_Lee 01-12-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 8288168)
Has a super bowl winning quarterback that left for another team ever win the super bowl on the 2nd team?

Closest QB I can think of is Kurt Warner winning with the Rams and taking the Cards to a Super Bowl.

But in the "modern" era (aka since the Super Bowl has been played) I cannot think of one.

Nzoner 01-12-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 8288098)
So if he took us to the superbowl you wouldnt watch, or would watch and root against the Chiefs? BS

Call bullshit all you want the last focking thing I ever have to want to hear from any other teams fans is,"finally got your Superbowl win but it took Peyton Manning to get it."

NO THANKS.

Nzoner 01-12-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8288133)
How is that you dislike him so much....but have no explanation for it?

Would you feel the same way if Eli Manning was our QB?

Absolutely

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 8288150)
He's a shitbag, wont own up to his mistakes instead throws his teammates under the buss whenever possible. I cant stand either Manning, feel free to lump his douche father in there too.

:thumb:

Also add refusing to play for the team that drafted you,fine go flip burgers at Mickey D's then.

T-post Tom 01-12-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8288106)
If Manning came here and won a Super Bowl and then retired, I'm all for it.

It's all about the trophy.

Because ultimately the need to draft and develop our own QB is about winning the Super Bowl, not about drafting and developing our own QB.

This.

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-12-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8288187)
Call bullshit all you want the last focking thing I ever have to want to hear from any other teams fans is,"finally got your Superbowl win but it took Peyton Manning to get it."

NO THANKS.

I respect your opinion dude but really? Isn't the idea to win the Super Bowl? We're so picky as fans after 40+ years that we now would rather just not win if the players aren't the ones we like? That's just silly imo.

MMXcalibur 01-12-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

NO THANKS.

That's really what you're worried about? **** 'em, we'd have won a Super Bowl.
Don't give a shit if it's the entire Packers lineup in red uniforms and an arrowhead on the side of their helmets. The Kansas City Chiefs will have won a Super Bowl.

mesmith31 01-12-2012 10:43 AM

Hmmm, let's see the guy single-handedly led them to 7 consecutive 12+ win seasons and 10 wins in 11 of 12 seasons. So, with that said if he is healthy and you could get 3 years out of the guy you are seriously saying pass??! Idiotic.

RustShack 01-12-2012 10:45 AM

Thats how I felt if we were going to trade for Cassel. But damn it I'm still here.

Nzoner 01-12-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer me (Post 8288196)
I respect your opinion dude but really? Isn't the idea to win the Super Bowl? We're so picky as fans after 40+ years that we now would rather just not win if the players aren't the ones we like? That's just silly imo.

Really and it may be stupid to think this but every time I get in a discussion with a bronco fan about their winning Superbowls I always add yeah but you didn't get shit until Smith and Traylor got there. :D

Yes,I know Davis was a huge reason but it feels so good being able to say the above.

ToxSocks 01-12-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8288106)
If Manning came here and won a Super Bowl and then retired, I'm all for it.

It's all about the trophy.

Because ultimately the need to draft and develop our own QB is about winning the Super Bowl, not about drafting and developing our own QB.

Ding.

ForeverChiefs58 01-12-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

NO THANKS.

I would cheer for the Godess in your avatar playing QB for the Chiefs as she would probably be just as good as Cassel and far more fun to look at. Especially running from the blitz in instant replay slow motion.

BTW, if and when we do go to the SB, it will be because we finally got a QB who didn't like to go into the fetal position at the first sign of pressure.

Rain Man 01-12-2012 10:50 AM

I actually like and respect Peyton. The guy became a great quarterback.

Eli is a whiner and Archie is a whiner, but Peyton showed up to the team that drafted him, and he made that team a perennial contender. Granted, I'm not a huge fan of the never-called illegal procedure penalties that he was allowed, but in the big picture he was/is a great football player and I'd take a swan song in KC while he trains the next generation.

Eli and Archie, rot in hell.

Fritz88 01-12-2012 10:51 AM

I am all for P.M.

Even if he's 80% healthy.

BWillie 01-12-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talastan (Post 8288097)
If we landed Peyton I personally would feel apathetic about it. If he does well and win some playoff games, great. But my enthusiasm would be tempered by the fact that we still will have not drafted and developed a QB of our own. Until we learn to do this our team will not be able to be perennial contenders.

O rly? If you can get a QB like Peyton, you don't need to develop a QB. You still draft a flier in the 3rd round or something and have him learn to be ready but Peyton Manning makes this team a Super Bowl contender, IMMEDIATELY.

htismaqe 01-12-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

NO THANKS.

WHAT?!?!?

If somebody said that to me, my response would be "We won the Super Bowl. Piss off."