ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Ben Davidson Dead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261083)

Pasta Little Brioni 07-04-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 8718025)
Sorry we don't all live up to your standard of humanity, Pope Chew.

Why don't you go chew on Davidson's July 4th hotdog down in hell...

Now that's a lack of humanity for you...

ROFL

Rain Man 07-04-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief52 (Post 8717345)
Any story/program on the Chief/Raider rivalry will include the Ben Davidson play...forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9PphIJRsbg

4 minute Costas interview with Davidson and Buchanon.

It's funny how they acted like Buchanan, Simpson, and Namath were joking, when they really weren't.

I was not a fan of Davidson. It appears that he found humorous ways to explain his dirty play, but that doesn't change the fact that he was one of the dirtiest players to ever be involved in the game.

Iz Zat Chew 07-04-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 8718025)
Sorry we don't all live up to your standard of humanity, Pope Chew.

Why don't you go chew on Davidson's July 4th hotdog down in hell...

Now that's a lack of humanity for you...

It's not that you have to live to any standard. I just don't think the time to demean a person is after they are dead. If he were alive and you said some of the things in this thread to him face to face he might have taken care of business.

If you feel you have to say things like that to make a point, you failed.

Iz Zat Chew 07-04-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 8718167)
Watch that interview posted earlier in this thread and see if you do not change your mind. Obviously he was just a vile individual.

He may have been, why stack shit after the fact?

Iz Zat Chew 07-04-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 8718190)
It's funny how they acted like Buchanan, Simpson, and Namath were joking, when they really weren't.

I was not a fan of Davidson. It appears that he found humorous ways to explain his dirty play, but that doesn't change the fact that he was one of the dirtiest players to ever be involved in the game.

No doubt he was. If you asked Raider fans if there were any dirty players on the Chiefs during those years they would most likely name a long list of players. That's just the way it goes. Lainier, Culp, Bell and more probably would be on a Raiders list. They hit hard, sometimes they hit late and got a flag. Did the Raiders ever react to such hits? If my memory is correct I saw plenty of fights on the field in the years they were fierce rivals. Just part of the game.

Iz Zat Chew 07-04-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8718177)
ROFL

So you are speechless? Should I be offended?

Raiderhater 07-04-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iz Zat Chew (Post 8718228)
He may have been, why stack shit after the fact?

Why lament the death of a dirtbag?

Iz Zat Chew 07-04-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 8718252)
Why lament the death of a dirtbag?

I suppose his family needs to know that you feel he was a dirtbag.

I don't belive I'm lamenting the death, I just don't see any useful purpose for stacking shit on him after he can't defend himself any longer. I'm sure you understand he knew he wasn't Mr. Clean with it came to playing the game. Was Ray Nitchke a dirtbag? Alex Karras? Is Ty Law a dirtbag? Basically anyone playing in the NFL that is a dominant defensive player has been accused of similar acts throughout their career. You just happen to be a Chiefs fan that can't let go.

Raiderhater 07-04-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iz Zat Chew (Post 8718278)
I suppose his family needs to know that you feel he was a dirtbag.

I don't belive I'm lamenting the death, I just don't see any useful purpose for stacking shit on him after he can't defend himself any longer. I'm sure you understand he knew he wasn't Mr. Clean with it came to playing the game. Was Ray Nitchke a dirtbag? Alex Karras? Is Ty Law a dirtbag? Basically anyone playing in the NFL that is a dominant defensive player has been accused of similar acts throughout their career. You just happen to be a Chiefs fan that can't let go.

I don't see any useful purpose in defending him in his death.

The world is a better place with out some people in it. Sorry, that is just a fact.

rockymtnchief 07-04-2012 11:19 AM

Remember that time he beat the black guy up on the bus and the guy kept saying he needed an "amber lamps"? :D

Rasputin 07-04-2012 11:20 AM

A dead raider is the best raider.

Iz Zat Chew 07-04-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 8718303)
I don't see any useful purpose in defending him in his death.

The world is a better place with out some people in it. Sorry, that is just a fact.

What defense, I'm just saying that he is no longer someone that is being a dirtbag in your world.

If the world is a better place without some people in it, who are we to judge who that might be? How many people would say the same of you after you are gone?

Like I said, I'm a Chiefs fan and I didn't care for the spearing of Dawson in that game. I met Dawson a few years back, he's an asshole to the general public when the cameras aren't on. Should I feel the same about him when his time comes?

Iz Zat Chew 07-04-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 8718310)
Remember that time he beat the black guy up on the bus and the guy kept saying he needed an "amber lamps"? :D

I'm pretty sure that wasn't Davidson. The guy might have looked like him but he seemed to be way too short.

I thought the beatee was calling for the amboo lance.

wazu 07-04-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief52 (Post 8717345)
Any story/program on the Chief/Raider rivalry will include the Ben Davidson play...forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9PphIJRsbg

4 minute Costas interview with Davidson and Buchanon.

Wow, what a tame, no-story-here play. Looks like something you see 10 times in every game. Funny that it created such a stir. Seems more likely to have hurt Davidson just from what we can see.

And I thought Davidson was hilarious in that interview. Never watched him play, but have a hard time believing that he even approaches Rodney Harrison levels of dirtiness. Yet Harrison seems to get a pass by the media today.

rockymtnchief 07-04-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iz Zat Chew (Post 8718318)
I'm pretty sure that wasn't Davidson. The guy might have looked like him but he seemed to be way too short.

It was a joke.