ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs How does Dwayne Bowe rank among the elite WR's? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261499)

RealSNR 07-17-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8747749)
Fitz - Josh McCown, Matt Leinart, Kurt Warner, Derek Anderson, Kevin Kolb, Josh Skelton.

He really only had Warner for 2 years. The first 3 Warner was there he was injured, replaced, or Leinart was starting.

Other than those 2 years it's a list of shit.

Smith - Jake Delhomme, Vinny Testaverde, David Carr, Matt Moore, Jimmy Clausen, Cam Newton.

Jake Delhomme had a pretty good Matt Schaubish career for several years, and that's when he put up his best numbers. Delhomme and Cassel/Huard aren't comparable in the least.

the Talking Can 07-17-2012 12:37 PM

pioli gave Cassel $60 mill for nothing...literally nothing, and has watched him perform in the bottom 5th of all QBs, with no repercussions

but Bowe once flexed his muscles on tv, so he has to go...too risky, who cares if he is a guaranteed 1000+ yard WR...

jd1020 07-17-2012 12:38 PM

Calvin Johnson - John Kitna, Dan Orvlosky, Dante Culpepper, Drew Stanton, Shaun Hill, Matthew Stafford.

Last season was Staffords first full season.

jd1020 07-17-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8747763)
Jake Delhomme had a pretty good Matt Schaubish career for several years, and that's when he put up his best numbers. Delhomme and Cassel/Huard aren't comparable in the least.

We are only counting the years that Bowe has been in the league. Delhomme was terrible.

RealSNR 07-17-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 8747725)
C.Johnson
White
A. Johnson
Fitzgerald
Welker
Green
S. Smith
(around here they start to lump together, including Bowe, V.Jackson, Marshall, Nelson, Wallace)

I'm not insulting Bowe. I'd put him in the grouping between 7-10 or 11. I love Bowe, but I don't remember anyone trying to make the case he's one of the very best in the league until now.

AJ Green? Are you serious?

BigChiefFan 07-17-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8747773)
pioli gave Cassel $60 mill for nothing...literally nothing, and has watched him perform in the bottom 5th of all QBs, with no repercussions

but Bowe once flexed his muscles on tv, so he has to go...too risky, who cares if he is a guaranteed 1000+ yard WR...

I'm beginning to hate this franchise. They aren't commited to winning it all. They get cheap, every ****ing time it comes to pay up big signing bonus money.

whoman69 07-17-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8747678)
Who do you have ahead of him? Just curious.

Its in the OP

Chiefnj2 07-17-2012 12:48 PM

All that really matters is that Bowe has been, and could have been, an elite receiver for KC for years to come. Even with a different system every year and a revolving door of poor QBs, he has produced.

Dumb-asses better not say that his numbers aren't impressive, or can be had by any other player, because they haven't been achieved in KC since Otis Taylor.

Sofa King 07-17-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 8747725)
C.Johnson
White
A. Johnson
Fitzgerald
Welker
Green
S. Smith
(around here they start to lump together, including Bowe, V.Jackson, Marshall, Nelson, Wallace)

I'm not insulting Bowe. I'd put him in the grouping between 7-10 or 11. I love Bowe, but I don't remember anyone trying to make the case he's one of the very best in the league until now.

I'd say that list is accurate although Steve Smith is past his prime and I haven't seen enough of Green yet, although the potential is there.

Hammock Parties 07-17-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 8747756)
I was just looking at that, except I was looking at total yards divided by targets to come up with avg yards per target.

DB comes to 8.2 yards per target last season.

Fitz is at 9.2 PT

R White at 7.1

Welker at 9.1

Calvin J at 10.6

Steve S at 10.8

I'd rather just see pure targets.

Too many factors go into the yards generated.

Such as QB play.

Amnorix 07-17-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8747743)
The Gospel of Welker, the 12th chapter:

In the afternoon Tom rode into Foxboro on a Bentley, where he met with his disciples and practiced at the stadium. A prosperous receiver named Deion approached him and said, "QB, see that I have faithfully stood by you this long while, and did catch your passes in important games, earning Super Bowls. My faith in you is strong! I will pray to your Father Belichick for a long term contract and more money, so that we might continue to do good works!" But Tom waved his hand and said, "Foolish receiver, have you not understood anything I have taught you? Go out and seek your large contract if you value it more than your faith in me!" And so Deion did leave Foxboro and found a large contract in the land of Seattle, where his faith was troubled and he did lose many games.

Seeing what just took place, an even more prosperous receiver named Randy, desiring to earn favor with the QB after having already found his large contract, approached the QB and said, "QB, see that I have acquired many statistics over a long and prosperous career, and see that my skills are still sharp and have not waned. Bestow upon me half of your blessed throws, and I will make you the undisputed greatest quarterback in the history of man!" But Tom waved his hand and said, "Get behind me, Satan, for your motivations are not out of devotion to me and my Father, but for your own earthly cred and swag!" And so Randy was taken out of the stadium and banished to the land of Minnesota, where he did squander his talent and skills, and lose all of his cred and swag.

However, a poor undrafted receiver named Julian was afraid of Tom. He spoke to him saying, "QB, I have no skills, and my skin is pale white. I have no swag and no cred. But I will follow you and will always love you, and I will do everything asked of me by your Father on the sideline, even play special teams and reserve cornerback." Tom looked upon Julian and smiled. He said, "Child, your faith has become your cred and swag. You are now strong, and will receive my blessings on primetime regular season games and in the playoffs. Go now and catch my throws."

Good news spread of this moment, and soon Deion did return to Foxboro seeking the forgiveness of Tom, and it was granted. Deion did no longer seek his large contract, seeing his faith in Tom as sufficient for his success. And he was blessed and did play in another Super Bowl.

The Gospel of Welker. Glory to the Patriot Way.

ROFL That's a riot.

Of course, Welker is franchised this year, and it may be his last in Foxboro. It's the Patriot Way though. You gotta love that it works, but hate it when it costs you someone like Welker... :shrug:

Hammock Parties 07-17-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 8747834)
It's the Patriot Way though. You gotta love that it works,

It's great at bilking the Hunts out of a couple hundred mil.

MIAdragon 07-17-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8747832)
I'd rather just see pure targets.

Too many factors go into the yards generated.

Such as QB play.

Yes the numbers could be cleaner but it also factors in drops.

ChiefsCountry 07-17-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 8747834)
You gotta love that it works, but hate it when it costs you someone like Welker... :shrug:

It works because of Tom ****ing Brady. Only damn reason.

mikey23545 07-17-2012 01:17 PM

Not a single one of you mother****ers know what Pioli has offered Bowe, and not a single one of you mother****ers know what Bowe was asking for.

And yet here you all sit, wailing like a bunch of braying jackasses about how unfairly little boweby has been treated.

Quite the drafturbater circle jerk you have going on here...