ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Charles cannot continue to touch the ball 30+ times per game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264778)

DeezNutz 10-07-2012 07:59 PM

There used to be a lot of fans who would argue endlessly if a poster had the temerity to suggest that Pioli was nothing but a fluffer in NE.

qabbaan 10-07-2012 07:59 PM

Cassel cannot continue to touch the ball 30+ times per game

ClevelandBronco 10-07-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8990085)
Cassel cannot continue to touch the ball 30+ times per game

Better plan.

qabbaan 10-07-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8990084)
There used to be a lot of fans who would argue endlessly if a poster had the temerity to suggest that Pioli was nothing but a fluffer in NE.

Well, up to the day of the wild card game, it looked like the team was on the way up, and maybe just a QB away. All the math made sense. We - myself included - were all terribly wrong, but it wasn't a wild conclusion.

DeezNutz 10-07-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8990093)
Well, up to the day of the wild card game, it looked like the team was on the way up, and maybe just a QB away. All the math made sense. We - myself included - were all terribly wrong, but it wasn't a wild conclusion.

The surface seemed OK in '10, but everything just below it was infested with raunchy smelling AIDS. It was basically an AIDS tree adorned with a unicorn ribbon.

Ace Gunner 10-07-2012 08:07 PM

I'm pretty sure Jamaal loves every one of those touches.

Smed1065 10-07-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8989951)
I'm gonna win my bet with BossChief. :)

Did you read the fine print?

Was it a "real" bet?

Is he a welcher?

BossChief 10-07-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8989951)
I'm gonna win my bet with BossChief. :)

I really hate to say this because I would rather lose, but there is no chance Charles makes it through the year alive at this pace.

Hammock Parties 10-08-2012 12:24 AM

Yeah, it's a real concern if Quinn is the starter now.

I can see these morons giving him 400 carries.

He had 33 touches. We had 68 snaps.

NJChiefsFan 10-08-2012 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8990104)
The surface seemed OK in '10, but everything just below it was infested with raunchy smelling AIDS. It was basically an AIDS tree adorned with a unicorn ribbon.

All I saw was the ribbon. I thought Cassel needed to go, but I thought when that happened(haha when), it would be OK. Not that we were perfect, but that with a QB Pioli would figure the rest out well enough and in good time.

JCharles1981 10-08-2012 02:52 AM

The truth is that the Chiefs need an Offensive Coordinator who is going to balance out rushing and passing plays. The OC we had just before Todd Haley came in to coach completely wore out former RB Larry Johnson with an overabundance of running plays, and as a result, he eventually became a "2 season" wonder. You don't stick with primarily running plays unless the QB is literally incapable of executing most passes.

clyde05 10-08-2012 03:16 AM

We haven't seen what Quinn can do for the Chiefs yet, maybe he will be able to take some pressure off Charles. I already like that he looks downfield more then Cassel. Yes I know his past but new team with better talent can make a difference or Debs way of spelling it differance...lol

JCharles1981 10-08-2012 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clyde05 (Post 8991132)
We haven't seen what Quinn can do for the Chiefs yet, maybe he will be able to take some pressure off Charles. I already like that he looks downfield more then Cassel. Yes I know his past but new team with better talent can make a difference or Debs way of spelling it differance...lol

I am not holding my breath just yet. We saw the train wreck that was Tyler Palko early last season, and a less than stellar effort from the mid-season replacement Kyle Orton. Any QB who gets injured on the first play that he is brought in after the starter goes out cannot be that dependable. If Pioli had any sense in his head, he would have kept Tyler Thigpen instead of investing so many millions in Cassell.

AussieChiefsFan 10-08-2012 05:11 AM

Exactly. Towards the end the Ravens knew the run was coming AND JC was gassed. it's ridiculous.

htismaqe 10-08-2012 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCharles1981 (Post 8991128)
The truth is that the Chiefs need an Offensive Coordinator who is going to balance out rushing and passing plays. The OC we had just before Todd Haley came in to coach completely wore out former RB Larry Johnson with an overabundance of running plays, and as a result, he eventually became a "2 season" wonder. You don't stick with primarily running plays unless the QB is literally incapable of executing most passes.

Um, that's the answer.