ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Who is your #1 HC choice? Who would you be happy to have?? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268268)

ToxSocks 12-31-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9259060)
you people wanting Chip Kelly are being way too picky and need to come back to reality real quick

As much as I want him too, that dude has his PICK right now to go anywhere he would want. And really, teams will offer him full control and whatever he wants, we have our heads stuck up Scott Pioli's ass

and essentially Chip Kelly is Peyton Manning all over again. If he snubs us, we will never know why, but assume Scott Pioli

This is a thread about who you want, not who you think we will get.

mcan 12-31-2012 12:35 PM

Nobody will agree, but I still want, and HAVE wanted for quite some time now...

Al Saunders.

Flame away.

J Diddy 12-31-2012 12:35 PM

The more I read about Kelly, the more I like. I don't want an old time coach brought back for a couple of years.

HolyHat 12-31-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

you people wanting Chip Kelly are being way too picky and need to come back to reality real quick

As much as I want him too, that dude has his PICK right now to go anywhere he would want. And really, teams will offer him full control and whatever he wants, we have our heads stuck up Scott Pioli's ass

and essentially Chip Kelly is Peyton Manning all over again. If he snubs us, we will never know why, but assume Scott Pioli

Chip has made it clear that he wants total control, so if Clark gets Kelly that means Peehole hits the streets.

Dayze 12-31-2012 12:36 PM

as far as 'want'...I'd want Kelly.

Saban is under contract through 2020 I 'think'.

Imon Yourside 12-31-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcan (Post 9259075)
Nobody will agree, but I still want, and HAVE wanted for quite some time now...

Al Saunders.

Flame away.

I love the guy too, but NO this just isn't the time for that.

OnTheWarpath15 12-31-2012 12:37 PM

I'd much rather have the right GM/Personnel guy.

Jesus Christ could be the HC - it won't mean much if the GM is bombing draft after draft.

HolyHat 12-31-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

you people

What do you mean...you people? ROFL

ChiefsCountry 12-31-2012 12:39 PM

Russ Ball - GM
Bill Cowher - HC
Ken Whisenhunt - OC
Darren Perry - DC

mcan 12-31-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9259086)
I love the guy too, but NO this just isn't the time for that.

I think he'd be awesome, and if I'm right then it will ALWAYS be the right time. But quite frankly, nobody else agrees. Not sure why. Dude has his pulse on how to move the ball down the field and get his players where they need to be. Would love to see him take a young QB and turn him into a perfect offensive machine for 10+ years in KC. Then have him find the defensive mind that has always presented him with the biggest challenge and have them chess match every day in practice and win multiple championships.

A guy can dream. :)

ToxSocks 12-31-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9259091)
I'd much rather have the right GM/Personnel guy.

Jesus Christ could be the HC - it won't mean much if the GM is bombing draft after draft.

Works both ways. Is Crennel not proof enough of that? He took a 7-9 team and turned them into a 2-14 team....a 2-14 team that arguably had more talent than the 7-9 team.

HC is extremely important.

ToxSocks 12-31-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9259104)
Russ Ball - GM
Bill Cowher - HC
Ken Whisenhunt - OC
Darren Perry - DC

Why would you want Ken Whisenhunt as OC? WTH has he ever done aside from ride the coattails of a HoF QB?

jd1020 12-31-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9259142)
Works both ways. Is Crennel not proof enough of that? He took a 7-9 team and turned them into a 2-14 team....a 2-14 team that arguably had more talent than the 7-9 team.

Meh.

Did Crennel do that or did the QB play do that?

Crennel was bad, no doubt, but seriously... Cassel was all time bad and Quinn was worse.

Canofbier 12-31-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Maybe this is the homer shades speaking, but KC is a relatively talented team that has something that no other team can offer - the number one pick and the ability to build around whatever QB he chooses. As an offensive guy, that HAS to appeal to him, right?

OnTheWarpath15 12-31-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9259142)

If you look at who the 7-9 team beat, you'd realize they weren't that good either.