ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Special teams coach thinks Dexter McCluster has unlocked potential as a returner (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273519)

Bambi 06-01-2013 09:17 AM

Nothing has changed with this organization. Nothing.

BlackHelicopters 06-01-2013 09:17 AM

Royals and Chiefs. Chiefs and Royals. Show me hope.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-01-2013 09:35 AM

So...everything has changed then

Mother****erJones 06-01-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9723309)
I'm pretty sure Teicher has no untapped potential as a journalist.

FYP

Stanley Nickels 06-01-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9723274)
Chiefs | Knile Davis talks about fumble issues
Thu, 30 May 2013 08:48:57 -0700

Kansas City Chiefs RB Knile Davis said the fumble problems he displayed in his final season at Arkansas have been fixed. "I think I'll never fumble again," the 2013 third-round pick said. "I had two bad games last year where I fumbled a lot. It was just me not focusing on it."

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/21/nfl/kans...#ixzz2UyZwVjcV

"It was just me not focusing on it" is either a personal issue or problematic coaching (or both). Given Arky's coaching issues last year, I wouldn't rule out the latter, but the former is very likely too. Old habits, and all that.

Mr. Laz 06-01-2013 10:16 AM

i'm not sure why people are flipping about about this article being written by Teicher.

It's talking about a legitimate issue with the Chiefs

You want to be pissed then be mad at the Chiefs for their evaluation of McCluster, not Teicher for reporting it.

:shrug:

Pasta Little Brioni 06-01-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9723386)
i'm not sure why people are flipping about about this article being written by Teicher.

You want to be pissed then be mad at the Chiefs for their evaluation of McCluster, not Teicher for reporting it.

Oh, you know that any positive news about a guy the board doesn't like is going to cause panties in a wad syndrome.

mcaj22 06-01-2013 10:28 AM

the returners might be garbage (McCluster being slow and useless, Knile Davis fumbling kickoffs) but the actual special teams should be really good. They signed a lot of guys that have special teams experience like the back of their hand

you can roll out units with: Zombo, Akeem Jordan, Zac Diles, Anthony Sherman, Terrance Copper, Tony Moeaki (like that time on kickoff when that Donky went all hitman on him lol), Edgar Jones, Quinton Demps, Jalil Brown, etc

those are really good special teams players. good coverage units, punt teams, etc.

chiefzilla1501 06-01-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9723386)

More than anything, the worst part is that now we have a few strong offensive minds and the best special teams coach in the NFL, and they're both intrigued by McCluster, yet everyone on this board is convinced he doesn't belong in the NFL. Apparently he's good enough that they didn't mind giving away Javier Arenas. I don't think McCluster is great, but clearly the coaches see some opportunities to use him.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-01-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9723405)
More than anything, the worst part is that now we have a few strong offensive minds and the best special teams coach in the NFL, and they're both intrigued by McCluster, yet everyone on this board is convinced he doesn't belong in the NFL.

They had Arrelious Benn, Surgery Kindle, and Mush Cody higher on their homemade bigboard, so they'll bang that drum till their deaths. (Even though Dex has outperformed those POS)

wazu 06-01-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9723117)
So when does the ban hammer strike for anyone posting ADAM TEICHER articles?

Please. Please. Please...let this happen.

MTG#10 06-01-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9723260)
Yeah - I'm getting tired of all this damn Chiefs news. It's getting in the way of Hootie's countdown.

Yeah this really qualifies as "news".

mcaj22 06-01-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9723409)
They had Arrelious Benn, Surgery Kindle, and Mush Cody higher on their homemade bigboard, so they'll bang that drum till their deaths. (Even though Dex has outperformed those POS)

even though, gadget midget was not a need at that pick

what was a need as like 80 percent of the next ten picks.

we could have had Benn, who is terrible but they also could have addressed the safety position in Nate Allen or TJ Ward, or the DE position in Lamarr Houston or Troup, or instead of trading up for a Brokedick 3rd string TE, got Rob Gronkowski, or Koa Misi, Zane Beadles, you pick it, we needed it over McCluster.

A lot of people also wanted Sergio Kindle who is god damn terrible.

Mr. Laz 06-01-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9723405)
More than anything, the worst part is that now we have a few strong offensive minds and the best special teams coach in the NFL, and they're both intrigued by McCluster, yet everyone on this board is convinced he doesn't belong in the NFL. Apparently he's good enough that they didn't mind giving away Javier Arenas. I don't think McCluster is great, but clearly the coaches see some opportunities to use him.

i didn't agree with the Arenas move either but my point is that this isn't about Teicher.

we have watched McCluster fail to make people miss for years now and that fact that this coaching staff doesn't see it is irritating.

good information from Teicher

Pasta Little Brioni 06-01-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9723416)
even though, gadget midget was not a need at that pick

what was a need as like 80 percent of the next ten picks.

we could have had Benn, who is terrible but they also could have addressed the safety position in Nate Allen or TJ Ward, or the DE position in Lamarr Houston or Troup, or instead of trading up for a Brokedick 3rd string TE, got Rob Gronkowski, or Koa Misi, Zane Beadles, you pick it, we needed it over McCluster.

A lot of people also wanted Sergio Kindle who is god damn terrible.

I'm going off of who the board wanted at the time. After taking Berry there may have been 1 guy that wanted to go safety with the top 2 picks.

The team did have a need for a guy that can make plays though...Dex just hasn't lived up to that standard yet.