ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto F'N Sprint (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274467)

SLAG 07-12-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy
It's also absurd that not one CSR is clear about when they are rolling out 4G or LTE in my area. One guy said it was in the process of being installed, the next said in 6 months they are starting it and one moron said they already had it in my area. 3 CSRs. I asked the last one if they had it in my area is that why I don't even get 3G in most spots anymore?

It is because none of them know

I am a sprint customer and have been for a long time - they've had their ups and downs but one thing for sure is if you ask 20 CSRs the same questions you'll get 20 different answers in regards to their Network roll out

This site has been invaluable in determining how far along sprint is with 4g in your area:

http://s4gru.com/

The only downside is you might have to become a member on their forums to view their coverage maps they made themselves - I hope this helps
-

The only thing I would take you to task for is that you think they shouldn't ask for the iphones back - If at the time you signed a 2 year contract to buy the phones at a discounted price and its only been one year - you still owe for the other year.

The good news is that the ETF is prorated / line / time left on contract

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9807149)
I have one main issue with Sprint.

My step-daughter has epilepsy. She won a smart watch that she can wear...that will track and monitor whenever she has a seizure. It will even go so far as to send her Mom and I a text message or a phone call when it happens. To do that....it has to be hooked up to a phone (obviously). Unfortunately the watch only works with 2 smart phones. So I added a line to our plan and had to buy a Nexus ($200). This phone has been used one time and that was a test call to make sure that everything works. I called Sprint after a couple of months to see if we could possibly get a discount on the line because it's not being used and it would only be used in the event of a seizure. All those ****ers offered me was a one time $5 credit off of my bill. Seriously? I'm paying $19.99 a month for the line, $8 a month for the insurance AND I had to pay for the phone at the beginning.....and it's not being used. **** you Sprint.

Is this the Sony Smartwatch?

I know they work with MANY other Android phones that are not " approved"

Also - why would you sign a contract for a line you knew wouldn't be used, instead just paying for a nexus outright or used with no contract?

The Franchise 07-12-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG (Post 9807293)

Is this the Sony Smartwatch?

I know they work with MANY other Android phones that are not " approved"

Also - why would you sign a contract for a line you knew wouldn't be used, instead just paying for a nexus outright or used with no contract?

No....it's made by a private company here in California.

How exactly would a phone with no service send text messages and make calls?

SLAG 07-12-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9807375)
No....it's made by a private company here in California.

How exactly would a phone with no service send text messages and make calls?

Using wifi

I got you then

That is crappy they wouldn't be more flexible than that

The Franchise 07-12-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG (Post 9807436)
Using wifi

I got you then

That is crappy they wouldn't be more flexible than that

Yeah....I'm definitely not asking for free or anything that drastic. Just a discounted price. They could go in and see that it made one call and it was on the first day that the line was open. The shit doesn't even have data usage because all of it is stored on the watch.

GloryDayz 07-12-2013 01:01 PM

Sprint can't go away fast enough for me... I'm on AT&T these days, but I still want them gone.

SLAG 07-12-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9807438)
Yeah....I'm definitely not asking for free or anything that drastic. Just a discounted price. They could go in and see that it made one call and it was on the first day that the line was open. The shit doesn't even have data usage because all of it is stored on the watch.

They have new plans of today that you can have a smartphone with no or low data now

Might want to give them a call and see if it would fit.

I called this AM and the guy spent the time went through all of my 5 lines - did the math and told me to stay on my same plan

007 07-12-2013 02:58 PM

What cracks me up about all these contract services is that they require you to have a data package on a smart phone even if you only want to use it over wifi. Why require it? Turn it off and let the customers use wifi full time if they want.

Papi 07-12-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9807094)
Why would I work for AT&T and have Sprint as my cell provider?

I was implying you're tyring to hurt their business :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9807651)
What cracks me up about all these contract services is that they require you to have a data package on a smart phone even if you only want to use it over wifi.

I fail to see the humor... F them all

L.A. Chieffan 07-12-2013 03:34 PM

Ban for thread title filter evasion

007 07-12-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papi (Post 9807675)
I was implying you're tyring to hurt their business :D

I fail to see the humor... F them all

OK, if it will make you feel better, change cracks me up to pisses me off then. I was just saying it nicely.

bevischief 07-12-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icon (Post 9806596)
I waited until my contract with Verizon expired then went to Straight Talk (Verizon network). No contract and $45 per month for unlimited everything. I couldn't be happier.

Good luck TBG

Straight Talk varies between cities on who the provider is, that is why some people have great service and others suck.

GloryDayz 07-12-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9807687)
Ban for thread title filter evasion

:spock: