ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Depth Chart (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275083)

TEX 08-05-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9859768)
Brandon Flowers, Sean Smith, Eric Berry and Kendrick Lewis is a pretty solid starting defensive backfield.

Sean Smith is a very nice fit in Sutton's press coverage scheme, especially when he isn't asked to the #1 guy, and having a guy like Robinson as your nickleback is a luxury.

Depth might be a bit of a concern, but I think Jalil Brown, like Sean Smith, fits this system very nicely and he's shown flashes. I have hope for a guy like Brad McDougald as well. Guy was completely underrated in college and I was very happy that the Chiefs picked him up as a free agent after the draft.

Kendrick Lewis cant be counted on for anything other than getting hurt. Count on that.

I'd hate to see J. Brown anywhere near the field. Takes far too many chances for his talent level to overcome.

The D-Line scares the hell out of me. The starters would not start on any other team. A collection of an under acheiver, an unproven 2nd -year-guy who was a reach, and guy who provided depth on another team. What does that say for the backups? Complete shit as a unit with the ceiling being that they can be serviceable. Far too many years have gone by to have the D-line in this shape. But you know the saying that you can't fix everything in one season... It hold tue in KC. Overall though the team is much improved over last year.

Cannibal 08-05-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9859579)
Did you just make it up? If so, it's not official.

Hah. ROFL

mcaj22 08-05-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9859796)
Flowers/Berry/Smith

The **** you talkin about?

so three guys? when we are in a pass happy league and asked to be in a nickel or dime situation probably 50+% of the time?

yea great

Shox 08-05-2013 11:27 AM

This depth chart is so much better than last year, if for nothing else one Mr. Matt Cassel is not on it.

That being said, our backups still appear to be very sub-pro caliber. Maybe some of them will progress, but I just don't see it.

Secondary is greatly improved over last year.

Some of these guys could make improvements which have showed little with the change in scheme, especially on the defense. It is kind of hard to play D when the offense has the advantage from a rule standpoint and then you just sit back and do nothing to pressure anyone.

Rausch 08-05-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shox (Post 9859841)
This depth chart is so much better than last year, if for nothing else one Mr. Matt Cassel is not on it.

That being said, our backups still appear to be very sub-pro caliber. Maybe some of them will progress, but I just don't see it.

Our depth is MUCH better this year.

I don't like what we're flirting with at CB but other than that I'm pretty pleased.

Well, other than paying Chase $3 mil a year to be our b/u...

Shox 08-05-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9859820)

The D-Line scares the hell out of me. The starters would not start on any other team. A collection of an under acheiver, an unproven 2nd -year-guy who was a reach, and guy who provided depth on another team. What does that say for the backups? Complete shit as a unit with the ceiling being that they can be serviceable. Far too many years have gone by to have the D-line in this shape. But you know the saying that you can't fix everything in one season... It hold tue in KC. Overall though the team is much improved over last year.

Wow, I totally disagree.

DeVito is underrated.
Jackson has grown into a very solid DE
Poe could be become a dominate player with aggressive style of play. Powe is huge man with some nice potential.
Toribio has some flashes last year.

The group is far from accomplished, but has talent and should improve significantly with a more aggressive approach to playing D.

Coogs 08-05-2013 11:38 AM

Demps's name keeps popping up in the camp reports almost everyday. Any chance for a Berry/Demps safety combo, or is Demps strictly a backup for Berry?

keg in kc 08-05-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shox (Post 9859860)
Poe could be become a dominate player with aggressive style of play.

This is one I've never understood. Is it in the Lexicon? Dominating? Okay. Dominant? Sure. A dominate player? Whut?

Shox 08-05-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9859868)
This is one I've never understood. Is it in the Lexicon? Dominating? Okay. Dominant? Sure. A dominate player? Whut?

Think about it for a while. I sure with your superior intellect you can figure it out.

TEX 08-05-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shox (Post 9859860)
Wow, I totally disagree.

DeVito is underrated.
Jackson has grown into a very solid DE
Poe could be become a dominate player with aggressive style of play. Powe is huge man with some nice potential.
Toribio has some flashes last year.

The group is far from accomplished, but has talent and should improve significantly with a more aggressive approach to playing D.

You can certainly disagree. However, your opinion is based on a lot of "could be's."

Devitto - underrated? What has he ever done on a consistent bases except be "underrated" and provide depth?

Jackson - had one "solid" half season in 4. He is very average. Not the type to do anything special. You want him to be able to hold his own.

Poe - You used the "could" word.

Toribio - You used "Flashes" which means more times than not he was not that good.

Where's the PROVEN talent. I see Jackson as "serviceable" and the rest are all ????. That's plenty reason to be concerned.

keg in kc 08-05-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shox (Post 9859883)
Think about it for a while. I sure with your superior intellect you can figure it out.

I know what you meant, and I don't actually mean to point you, specifically, out because I see tons of people use it (that's why I asked if it's part of the Lexicon). It's the why of it I'm asking about, since it's a verb, not an adjective.

RealSNR 08-05-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9859868)

I think there are some people who say "dominuht" without the n. When they translate how they say the word into print, that's the word that looks the best, and spell check doesn't do anything about it since it actually is a word.

keg in kc 08-05-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9859891)
I think there are some people who say "dominuht" without the n. When they translate how they say the word into print, that's the word that looks the best, and spell check doesn't do anything about it since it actually is a word.

Oooh, I hadn't even thought about voice-to-text. I'm still living in the pen-and-paper world. Plus I'm anal-retentive about spell-checking.

Thanks!

Coogs 08-05-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9859887)
You can certainly disagree. However, your opinion is based on a lot of "could be's."

Devitto - underrated? What has he ever done on a consistent bases except be "underrated" and provide depth?

Jackson - had one "solid" half season in 4. He is very average. Not the type to do anything special. You want him to be able to hold his own.

Poe - You used the "could" word.

Toribio - You used "Flashes" which means more times than not he was not that good.

Where's the PROVEN talent. I see Jackson as "serviceable" and the rest are all ????. That's plenty reason to be concerned.

Quote:

Jerrell Powe @jpowe57
Another great day @ practice. So excited about this team. Stacked with so much talent. #ChiefsKingdom
:shrug:

Shox 08-05-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9859893)
Oooh, I hadn't even thought about voice-to-text. I'm still living in the pen-and-paper world. Plus I'm anal-retentive about spell-checking.

Thanks!

I understand. I'm just horrible at typing what my brain is thinking. I'm even worse at proof reading.