ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smiths accuracy wowing fans (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275091)

Ace Gunner 08-05-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9860298)
Four of them will be blown protections. Maybe ONE of them will be a sack.

What you're saying right now is that in a full season of hundreds of dropbacks, Eric Fisher will allow a billion sacks.

that's reasonable. for this board.

duncan_idaho 08-05-2013 03:32 PM

I have never questioned Alex Smith's accuracy or ability to be an upgrade from Matt Cassel. This report doesn't surprise me in the least (right down to the awful writing from KCChiefs.com).

The test will be how Smith performs once the lights are on and the games matter. Will he make the TOUGH throws that you have to make to win games against good teams with strong defenses? Will he be more aggressive with the ball? Will he stay in the pocket more and scramble less at the first sign of trouble?

Those are the questions I want answers to, though I fear I know them already.

ChiTown 08-05-2013 03:33 PM

Negro, Please!

Mr. Laz 08-05-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9860287)
Can't sleep the Geno ball washers will get me
Can't sleep the Geno ball washers will get me
Can't sleep the Geno ball washers will get me[/IMG]

at least you know who you are

DaneMcCloud 08-05-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Dan (Post 9860274)
Not a fan of Geno and hope for all the best with Smith, but any great TC personnel report coming from the Chiefs has to be ignored.

Why is 17-20 with 3TD's a stat that needs to be "ignored"?

DaneMcCloud 08-05-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9860311)
The test will be how Smith performs once the lights are on and the games matter. Will he make the TOUGH throws that you have to make to win games against good teams with strong defenses? Will he be more aggressive with the ball? Will he stay in the pocket more and scramble less at the first sign of trouble?

His last two seasons disprove this notion.

KC Dan 08-05-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9860318)
Why is 17-20 with 3TD's a stat that needs to be "ignored"?

Do it against the donkey's during the regular season and I'm with you. Smith has proved nothing as a Chief yet. I am behind him and hope he kicks azz and takes names but this is a whole new ballgame in KC and for Smith. Gotta see it live and in games that mean something

Ace Gunner 08-05-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9860311)
I have never questioned Alex Smith's accuracy or ability to be an upgrade from Matt Cassel. This report doesn't surprise me in the least (right down to the awful writing from KCChiefs.com).

AS is known for efficient passing, if he can get confident within this system, it's going to be good for the Chiefs.

they already have Jamaal & Bowe, two guys that are playmakers when they get their hands on the ball.

AS is not spectacular, but he can really motor and in today's game -- Reid's offense, especially, AS could really excel because he throws very well on the move.

When you combine that agility at QB with the pistol offense and Jamaal's RB skills, it is going to be tricky. Jamaal should really tear it up in this offense.

BigMeatballDave 08-05-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9860295)
it's not always going to be clean though

20 drop backs with Fisher as his RT I bet you 4 of them are sacks.

LMAO You don't have the first damn clue.

Because he struggled early on, you have your panties in a twist.

Mr. Laz 08-05-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9860314)
Negro, Please!

we are going to need your playbook and for you to clean out your locker

saphojunkie 08-05-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9860230)
Yep.

And I'm not one to dismiss good news about Smith. But when it comes from a Chiefs employee ...

This and this and this and this.

DaneMcCloud 08-05-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Dan (Post 9860333)
Do it against the donkey's during the regular season and I'm with you. Smith has proved nothing as a Chief yet. I am behind him and hope he kicks azz and takes names but this is a whole new ballgame in KC and for Smith. Gotta see it live and in games that mean something

I can understand wanting to see him against another football team but it's silly to dismiss his performance in training camp. The time will come when we'll all get to see him.

Furthermore, reports like this sure as ****ing shit beat the crap out of the Matt Cassel reports over the years.

mcaj22 08-05-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9860337)
LMAO You don't have the first damn clue.

Because he struggled early on, you have your panties in a twist.

so you dont think Alex Smith is going to take 40+ sacks this year?

he took 40+ with an offensive line that has 4 pro bowlers on it, hes taking 40 here whether you like it or not

DaneMcCloud 08-05-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9860346)
This and this and this and this.

So the employee is lying about his performance today?

Sassy Squatch 08-05-2013 03:46 PM

Fisher is playing with both hands injured isn't he?