ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football On eve of championship game, QB viciously beaten by opposition players. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278646)

beach tribe 11-16-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10191829)
Yup. He's definitely a pussy because a university administrator called it a vicious attack. Please, Ricky Roughnuts, break down the hierarchy of beatings since you're a street fighting expert.

What is the definition of vicious?

Not him, dude.

The guys that called it a vicious beating.

I think the kid is actually pretty tough. Had he not stood up for himself in that situation, he probably wouldn't have caught that ass whippin.

As for a vicious beating, I posted one for you. Doesn't need to result in death, but its more than a swollen eye.

beach tribe 11-16-2013 02:23 PM

It's obviously subjective. So I concede.
I'm sure this is vicious to some.

It's not to me. Hence my pussy remark.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-16-2013 02:33 PM

Vicious is what this Taco Bell is going to do to by colon.

beach tribe 11-16-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10191883)
Vicious is what this Taco Bell is going to do to by colon.

ROFL

SAUTO 11-16-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10191787)
A busted eye. Caused by one dude.

vicious.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...cording-report

Actually the next paragraph says one guy had admitted to it and the cops are trying to identify up to four other people involved in the beating
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 11-16-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10191723)
Assault happens all the time. When you intentionally hurt somebody to gain a competitive advantage that's when different rules come to play. Of course this is a more extreme version. But taking other players out through intentionally extracurricular stuff is cheating. The only reason we are talking about forfeit is because it involved taking out a player.

if too can't see the difference between a cheap shot during a ****ing game with pads and helmets and this situation you have a serious mental problem
Posted via Mobile Device

stonedstooge 11-16-2013 03:01 PM

NWMSU Bearcats currently viciously beating up the Missouri Western Griffins 14 zip in the first quarter. w00t

chiefzilla1501 11-16-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10191896)
if too can't see the difference between a cheap shot during a ****ing game with pads and helmets and this situation you have a serious mental problem
Posted via Mobile Device

Both were players intentionally trying to injure the teams other player. And neither were just players being players. It's not like we are talking about players hitting people over competitively. We have players instructed and rewarded for taking a player out of the game.

Let me ask you this. What's stopping a coach from telling his player in a playoff game to helmet to helmet megatron . You may get fined but it will be worth it to we win?

I don't know how you fail to see the difference. Did you see the cheap shots favre took and how it messed up his ankle? You really think that was in the spirit of the game? It was obvious what the saints were trying to do. It was cheating. So is beating up the other teams QB.

jspchief 11-16-2013 03:45 PM

So he got punched. How vicious.

Rasputin 11-16-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10191769)
There is audio of Gregg Williams telling players to target specific injurable body parts. There were players yelling 'pay me my money' after knocking qbs out. Against Minnesota there were clear cheap shots against Brett favre.

And what happened? The integrity of the saints vikings game was compromised. We as fans deserved to watch Brett favre make or break the final drive. He had to get yanked because he was too injured to play. So no, I don't understand how that is much different. In both cases, they executed a strategy to intentionally injure the best player.

I saw an interview with Brett Frafravre that he basically said he liked the thought of teams putting a bounty on his head. It gave him an even bigger ego.

vailpass 11-16-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10191829)
Yup. He's definitely a pussy because a university administrator called it a vicious attack. Please, Ricky Roughnuts, break down the hierarchy of beatings since you're a street fighting expert.

What is the definition of vicious?

When I hear "5 on 1 vicious beating" I picture the guy on the ground taking a 10 boot nazi stomping that leaves him bloody, battered and broken.
Clearly it's a subjective term, it just seems a bit over the top to me considering he just took a shot to the eye.

Rasputin 11-16-2013 04:21 PM

Maybe the quarterback shouldn't have peed on their shoes in the bathroom?

Eleazar 11-16-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 10191914)
NWMSU Bearcats currently viciously beating up the Missouri Western Griffins 14 zip in the first quarter. w00t

WooWoo

displacedinMN 11-16-2013 05:20 PM

NW close to wrapping that thing up.

Sounds like that game was called off. The NW commentators mentioned it.

chiefzilla1501 11-16-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 10192052)
I saw an interview with Brett Frafravre that he basically said he liked the thought of teams putting a bounty on his head. It gave him an even bigger ego.

Except he didn't know it happened until after it happened. There's no doubt that favre was a shell of himself I'm the 4th quarter. I am just saying that as much as people complain about being too harsh on big hits or excusing bounties, the issue with those is similar to the issue at Winston.

If you can't beat the other team, take their other player out. If you can't win a gold medal in figure skating, knee cap the favorite. Even with the Chiefs... This Sunday, one cheap shot to Peyton or to jamaal Charles could completely swing the game. A 15 yard penalty and a small fine is nothing if it knocks Peyton out and leads to a win.

It makes me cringe that one cheap shot has that much ability to completely change a teams chance of winning and potentially crush a teams season. Something to think about. I'll close with this. If is college beating was about beating up a backup QB, would a forfeit even be in the conversation? No. It's only in the conversation because the opponent sabotaged the game by taking out the most important player. It is the same damn thing when you try to sabotage a game by trying to cripple a QB extracurricular to normal football.