ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc States and bias (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290642)

srvy 02-15-2015 08:39 PM

In and Out burgers. when working out west the crew only thing out there mouth when I ask where they want to lunch. Like lemmings the sing in unison In and Out. I drop them off and go find a taco stand.

In58men 02-15-2015 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 11328325)
Philly cheese steaks in Philly are overrated.

In n Out is good but overrated also. And their fries are trash.

In and Out fries animal style with extra grilled onions >> regular fries

Dallas Chief 02-15-2015 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 11328255)
Damn I work a lot in Tulsa amd OKC as we have offices there and have not found good bbq or sadly Mexican food.

Try Leo's BBQ at 36th and Kelley in OKC. Can't help you with Tulsa. That is one odd town when it comes to dining out. If you have the time on a trip to OKC try to make it to Eischen's Bar in Okarche. It's about a 45 min drive but the fried chicken is out of this world and worth the trouble. Try Ted's for Mexican food in OKC. Just ask around and somebody will be able to point you in the right direction.

BucEyedPea 02-15-2015 10:05 PM

When I worked in San Antonio last September, I found the Mexican food underwhelming and was truly surprised. I found it to be the opposite, much better in Tuscan. Cali has good Mexican too.

Here, in Florida I guess I'd say I am not wild about grouper for a white fish due to the texture. It's not bad, but it's not like my beloved cold water New England seafood. Another is conch. Too chewy but I will eat it in conch fritters with Bahamian sauce.

I am not crazy about New England boiled dinners that we had at home in Boston on St. Paddy's day. But I'll eat it.

No one, I repeat NO ONE has seafood like New England! Sorry, they just don't.

TimBone 02-15-2015 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 11328588)
When I worked in San Antonio last September, I found the Mexican food underwhelming and was truly surprised. I found it to be the opposite, much better in Tuscan. Cali has good Mexican too.

Here, in Florida I guess I'd say I am not wild about grouper for a white fish due to the texture. It's not bad, but it's not like my beloved cold water New England seafood. Another is conch. Too chewy but I will eat it in conch fritters with Bahamian sauce.

I am not crazy about New England boiled dinners that we had at home in Boston on St. Paddy's day. But I'll eat it.

No one, I repeat NO ONE has seafood like New England! Sorry, they just don't.

You're sounding a lot like the dude from Louisiana in post #2 right now.

OnTheWarpath15 02-15-2015 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 11328200)
I also wanted to share a story about Louisiana:

I work and live in Louisiana. I had no idea how proud of their state some of these people were until I moved here. There was one young guy in particular that sticks out. He came to train in our control tower a couple of years ago. You could barely carry a conversation in the room without him somehow relating the topic of conversation to Louisiana and how great it is. "The swamps are prettier than mountains. The Crawfish are tastier than lobster. New Orleans is the best city in the world." Shit like that. He would spout this kind of stuff non stop. It grew to be very irritating, very quickly.

His last month here, a group of us were having a conversation in the tower about soda. I mentioned cream soda, and he immediately lit up. "Hey Tim, you want to try a great cream soda? You've got to try Big Shot Cream Soda. Straight out of New Orleans. Best cream soda in the world!" Well, I had finally had enough. After months of hearing this kids bias drivel, I finally blew up. I looked at him and loudly said, "Shut the **** up, dude. I'm tired of hearing this shit. Something being from Louisiana doesn't make it any better than something from anywhere else. In fact, most of the shit here ****ing sucks. This whole state pretty much ****ing sucks." He looked a little hurt, but shrugged it off. We all continued our conversation, and about a month later the dude was gone.

A week after he left, I happened upon a Big Shot Cream Soda in a local convenience store.

It was the best ****ing cream soda I have ever tasted.

ROFLROFLROFL

-King- 02-15-2015 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 11328337)
In and Out burgers. when working out west the crew only thing out there mouth when I ask where they want to lunch. Like lemmings the sing in unison In and Out. I drop them off and go find a taco stand.

Speaking of taco stands, there's a mexican food truck out by Power and Light. Most likely the best taco and quesadilla I've had in Kansas City.

rockymtnchief 02-15-2015 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 11328200)
I also wanted to share a story about Louisiana:

I work and live in Louisiana. I had no idea how proud of their state some of these people were until I moved here. There was one young guy in particular that sticks out. He came to train in our control tower a couple of years ago. You could barely carry a conversation in the room without him somehow relating the topic of conversation to Louisiana and how great it is. "The swamps are prettier than mountains. The Crawfish are tastier than lobster. New Orleans is the best city in the world." Shit like that. He would spout this kind of stuff non stop. It grew to be very irritating, very quickly.

His last month here, a group of us were having a conversation in the tower about soda. I mentioned cream soda, and he immediately lit up. "Hey Tim, you want to try a great cream soda? You've got to try Big Shot Cream Soda. Straight out of New Orleans. Best cream soda in the world!" Well, I had finally had enough. After months of hearing this kids bias drivel, I finally blew up. I looked at him and loudly said, "Shut the **** up, dude. I'm tired of hearing this shit. Something being from Louisiana doesn't make it any better than something from anywhere else. In fact, most of the shit here ****ing sucks. This whole state pretty much ****ing sucks." He looked a little hurt, but shrugged it off. We all continued our conversation, and about a month later the dude was gone.

A week after he left, I happened upon a Big Shot Cream Soda in a local convenience store.

It was the best ****ing cream soda I have ever tasted.

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

To be honest, every time I meet someone from Texas that is now in Montana, they do the same thing. It seems every sentence starts with, "Down in Texas...."

Down in Texas, we put the left sock on first!
Down in Texas, the sun rises in the west and sets in the east!
Down in Texas, our grizzly bears are vegan!
Down in Texas, we have 25 hours in a day!

I've told at least five Texans in twenty years to move their asses back to Texas (One was a hot blonde from Dallas I was dating). When I rodeo'd in Texas, I never heard the one-upmanship. So it must only happen when they cross the border.

milkman 02-15-2015 10:49 PM

Nothing is ever as good as it's made out to be.

BucEyedPea 02-15-2015 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 11328664)
LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

To be honest, every time I meet someone from Texas that is now in Montana, they do the same thing. It seems every sentence starts with, "Down in Texas...."

I've told at least five Texans in twenty years to move their asses back to Texas (One was a hot blonde from Dallas I was dating). When I rodeo'd in Texas, I never heard the one-upmanship. So it must only happen when they cross the border.

https://img1.etsystatic.com/000/1/62....259593703.jpg

TimBone 02-15-2015 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 11328664)
LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Yeah, I admit we Texans have some foolish pride. And you're right, that verbal promotion kicks in when living/visiting other states. I've had to learn to check myself over the years, and I'll call my fellow Texans out on it as well.

BucEyedPea 02-15-2015 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 11328673)

There's always the exception that proves the rule. In this case it's New England/Northeast cold water seafood.

That is, unless you're used to insipid clam strips and no bellies. Then I can't help ya'!

TimBone 02-15-2015 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 11328673)

Solid point.

TimBone 02-15-2015 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 11328683)
There's always the exception that proves the rule. In this case it's New England/Northeast cold water seafood.

That is, unless you're used to insipid clam strips and no bellies. Then I can't help ya'!

POST #2

BucEyedPea 02-15-2015 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 11328682)
Yeah, I admit we Texans have some foolish pride. And you're right, that verbal promotion kicks in when living/visiting other states. I've had to learn to check myself over the years, and I'll call my fellow Texans out on it as well.

The people in Florida complain about the same thing being said by Northerners that move here. There's even a bumper sticker saying " If it was so much better in the nawth, then move back there!"