ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Computers FCC Approves New Net Neutrality Rules (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290904)

Imon Yourside 02-26-2015 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 11349051)
People cheering this are fools who can't be bothered to learn from history.

Exactly as I suspected then huh? Ya i find it hard to cheer for this, the CP lawyers can step in and answer the question but i know how this movie ends. I've seen it in other aspects of our life.

Reerun_KC 02-26-2015 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 11349054)

And probably all fiber... Its a cluster**** for sure... But they make us Hayseeds in flyover country look like we in the stone ages with our technology....

Its embarrassing as I have seen it first hand.

Chiefspants 02-26-2015 03:11 PM

Quote:

We should have let poor St. Vanderbilt keep his trains. :(

mdstu 02-26-2015 03:14 PM

Quote:

Okay, I guess I'm one of these fools you speak of.

Explain to me why Net Neutrality is a bad thing.

ToxSocks 02-26-2015 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdstu (Post 11349070)

They're under the impression that these rules are set in stone and that no governing body has the power to change this....

eDave 02-26-2015 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdstu (Post 11349070)

It doesn't allow the rich to get richer.

mdstu 02-26-2015 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11349073)
They're under the impression that these rules are set in stone and that no governing body has the power to change this....

Well sure, I'm not that foolish. I understand that when the tides change, so do the rules. But does that make this a bad ruling?

Bearcat 02-26-2015 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 11349042)
What scares me the most about this is the fact it sets precedent to do more unpopular things in the future. Am I wrong in assuming it will be easier to move forward regulating other aspects of the internet?

If you're saying it shouldn't have been ruled on in the first place, I totally agree. But, given that it was ruled on and there were two possible outcomes, one is clearly better than the other.

Just Passin' By 02-26-2015 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 11349060)
Exactly as I suspected then huh? Ya i find it hard to cheer for this, the CP lawyers can step in and answer the question but i know how this movie ends. I've seen it in other aspects of our life.

The people cheering this largely don't even understand what actually happened. This isn't just a one off law added by Congress.

Quote:

the agency will regulate network owners by scooping them up under Title II of the 1934 Telecommunications Act, a specific set of regulations that apply to phone companies.
Maybe those people cheering will smarten up and figure it out. In the meantime, maybe the courts will strike down this FCC power grab on the issue, as they did the last time. One can always hope.

BWillie 02-26-2015 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 11349054)

Seems safe.

Bearcat 02-26-2015 03:45 PM

The people posting in this thread largely speaking in vague terms on the ignorance of others could always elaborate.

Loneiguana 02-26-2015 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 11349090)
The people cheering this largely don't even understand what actually happened. This isn't just a one off law added by Congress.

Maybe those people cheering will smarten up and figure it out. In the meantime, maybe the courts will strike down this FCC power grab on the issue, as they did the last time. One can always hope.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 11349121)
The people posting in this thread largely speaking in vague terms on the ignorance of others could always elaborate.

This

/its not getting struck down. That was a major reason they made this change, so it would stand up to the courts. When such a major element of your post is so very wrong, chances are the rest of the post is garbage as well.

saphojunkie 02-26-2015 03:51 PM

So, from what I understand, a couple people think net neutrality is a slippery slope and now the FCC will control us all.

Gotcha.

You're reeruned.

Jakemall 02-26-2015 03:57 PM

page 332

Pitt Gorilla 02-26-2015 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 11349060)

In which specific aspects have you seen this?