ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Sporting KC Soccer Ratings down in the USA (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316258)

NJChiefsFan 07-16-2018 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13630951)
Every time I see an American person wearing an EPL jersey, I just want to punch them in the face. Just like if I see a European person wearing an NBA jersey. You have teams to root for from your home, how about ya just do that?

Most people want to watch the highest level of skill possible. If you really love basketball you think it's unreasonable for someone in Europe to want to watch the NBA vs. the Italian league?

jd1020 07-16-2018 02:25 PM

Thank goodness I dont have to worry about getting punched in the face.

I'll be over here sporting my Bundesliga gear, and no I'm not wearing Christian Pulisic jerseys.

loochy 07-16-2018 02:28 PM

Quote:

Every time I see an American person wearing an EPL jersey, I just want to punch them in the face. Just like if I see a European person wearing an NBA jersey. You have teams to root for from your home, how about ya just do that?

because they are low quality
Posted via Mobile Device

DaFace 07-16-2018 02:28 PM

Quote:

Wait, does this mean I can't be a Chiefs fan anymore? I never got the memo.

NJChiefsFan 07-16-2018 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13631030)

I was thinking about that myself. I really hope BWillie doesn't make me be a Jets fan.

MarkDavis'Haircut 07-16-2018 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13631030)

I don't want to be a Steelers fan! :deevee:

BWillie 07-16-2018 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 13631001)
Most people want to watch the highest level of skill possible. If you really love basketball you think it's unreasonable for someone in Europe to want to watch the NBA vs. the Italian league?

Watching it is one thing, being a fan of a particular team. Don't like it. Support your community. Support localism. Just like I hate the guy who loves the Golden State Warriors, the New England Patriots, and the Houston Astros. Pick a ****ing place, and stick do it.

loochy 07-16-2018 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13631042)
Watching it is one thing, being a fan of a particular team. Don't like it. Support your community. Support localism. Just like I hate the guy who loves the Golden State Warriors, the New England Patriots, and the Houston Astros. Pick a ****ing place, and stick do it.

That's racist. You're racist.

AMERICA WITHOUT BORDERS!

jd1020 07-16-2018 02:36 PM

Quote:

So I can't support a team in the country my family comes from because the product in the country I live in is shit?

Buy my overpriced pile of shit over that quality piece of craftsmanship from across the pond!

Ya, I don't spend my money like that.

DaFace 07-16-2018 02:50 PM

Quote:

If we're talking about high school teams, sure. At the professional level, what is there about it that's even close to "local"? How many Chiefs players grew up around KC? The owner doesn't live here. Most of the players don't live here in the offseason. Is it "local" because you don't like people who don't root for the same team as you do?

Baby Lee 07-16-2018 03:11 PM

Quote:

Only 3 teams [4 at times] have my enduring interest. Chiefs, Jayhawks, ManU [and Royals].

Chiefs I followed from Hackett-->Smith-->DT
Jayhawks I followed from Manning, Kellog and Turgeon
Royals from Brett, McRae, Porter, White, Washington and Wilson
ManU from Giggs, Scholes, Ince and Kancheslskis

Other stuff I follow based on what's the story of the season, playoff series, or day.

Those 3/4 had my entire attention, though my Royals fandom lived and died with Brett, until they got back on track a few years back. But when I fell off the Royals, I fell off ALL baseball. I didn't bandwagon hop, even though I lived in StL during a heyday.

Plus, ManU eventually had Rooney, who is as close to if I managed to be a pro athlete as I've seen. Shortish, stubby white dude with good ball placement. [Why I'm so enamored of Shiqiri today]

I also have more ManU jerseys than any other 'kit' unless you count my 1/2 dozen Jayhawk 'tees'

BWillie 07-16-2018 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 13631052)
So I can't support a team in the country my family comes from because the product in the country I live in is shit?

Buy my overpriced pile of shit over that quality piece of craftsmanship from across the pond!

Ya, I don't spend my money like that.

Oh yeah, your mom and dad came from England or Croatia? Or whatever. Fine. You have a common link lineage. If your great great great great grandparents came from France, and your 10% French or something like that then give me a break.

I think the players who are American through and through like Chris Kaman and go play for Team Germany in the Olympics, or for a different team in the World Cup are pieces of dog shit. Just like I thought it was complete bullshit that the UNITED STATES SOCCER TEAM hired a GERMAN COACH. What kind of shit is that?

Spott 07-16-2018 03:22 PM

Quote:

It would be like some guy from Iowa randomly jumping on the Kansas basketball bandwagon.

BWillie 07-16-2018 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 13631136)
It would be like some guy from Iowa randomly jumping on the Kansas basketball bandwagon.

Not if he was born in Kansas, raised in Kansas, and went to High School in Iowa. There is a easy common bond there.

Pitt Gorilla 07-16-2018 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13630886)
Soccer is becoming much more popular in the US. EPL is booming in popularity. And MLS is growing.

The problem is not having a usmnt team. And sadly, the dipshits in charge have laid the foundation for us to probably suck again in 4 years.

A big problem has to be that MLS just isn't very good. One only has to catch a few world cup games to realize the stark contrast.