ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Selling a house without an agent (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317460)

Fat Elvis 09-16-2018 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 13736725)
If you have to ask this question in the first place, you're probably better off letting a professional sell your house.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 13736739)
Uhhh no but thanks for your help.

Well, when you get taken to the cleaners, make sure to come back here for advice so you don't have to pay a lawyer....

TinyEvel 09-16-2018 02:48 PM

See if OPENDOOR is operating in your area. Look it up.

TinyEvel 09-16-2018 02:51 PM

Also, selling house is a huge Pain in the ass. The paperwork, inspections, escrow, etc. That's why agents make the money. If you want to go through all that yourself, then go for it, but "its easy" is not really taking into account all the information.
The best way for you to do this would be to have a cash buyer with no contingencies on the purchase. This happens her win California where you have .com billionaires buying homes for their kids as wedding presents, but not sure about where you live and what shape your home is in.

underEJ 09-16-2018 03:16 PM

A lot depends on where you are. I’ve bought 5 properties and sold 2 in the last few years and I would never try to skip the agents in California because property sales are way more complicated here, but I did do a no agent buy in KC because Missouri is very flexible on sales. We didn’t even need a lawyer. We used a boiler plate sale template I bought at Office Depot and paid for title and other services as we went. It works great if both sides feel they are getting what they want. The price was definitely below an agent repped deal for that very reason and we discussed that clearly while settling on the sale price since we weren’t doing offers and counter offers like with an agent deal.

eDave 09-16-2018 03:19 PM

I've done both. An agent makes it exponentially easier and faster. And for more money.

BigRichard 09-16-2018 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 13736921)
Well, when you get taken to the cleaners, make sure to come back here for advice so you don't have to pay a lawyer....

Yes, maybe you didn't read the OP. The wife already did this once. It isn't that difficult genius. I can easily say no agents if that is what it needs to be.

LoneWolf 09-16-2018 05:38 PM

What is the asking price of the home you are selling?

BigRichard 09-16-2018 05:40 PM

The market here is so awesome for the sellers. The average day on market in our neighborhood is 4 days. My wife's mom's house had a sale without listing it at all just about 6 months ago. They just listed an estate sale and people came out of the wood works to buy it. Had a buyer lined up in a few weeks and had it closed on in just a couple of months from when they did the estate sale.

-King- 09-16-2018 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 13735784)
The agent would get paid, it would just be from the buyer and not me.

Why would the buyer or the buyer's agent want to get into that? Even if the agent was okay with it, soon as he tells the buyer that the buyer will be paying realtor fees, he'll be fired before he can even finish the sentence.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRichard 09-16-2018 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 13738139)
What is the asking price of the home you are selling?

I think I will list it at 210k. All my research says that is towards the top end of what I could get but my house has a lot of new shit and it has been updated very nicely.

BigRichard 09-16-2018 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13738168)
Why would the buyer or the buyer's agent want to get into that? Even if the agent was okay with it, soon as he tells the buyer that the buyer will be paying realtor fees, he'll be fired before he can even finish the sentence.
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't think you realize how hard it is for the buyers right now in my area. They can't even get into see houses because the day they are listed they are sold. People are paying premium prices for houses in my area and they will do just about anything to get into them. There are people posting everywhere looking for houses in my area. It isn't really the other way around.

Edit: This is exactly why we are selling now. It is actually a little ahead of when we wanted to sell it but because the market is so awesome for us we figured **** it, we can live in an apartment for a while if need be. Don't want to miss out on the money train.

-King- 09-16-2018 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 13738179)
I don't think you realize how hard it is for the buyers right now in my area. They can't even get into see houses because the day they are listed they are sold. People are paying premium prices for houses in my area and they will do just about anything to get into them. There are people posting everyone looking for houses in my area. It isn't really the other way around.

That's how it was in my area when I bought 2 months ago. If my realtor was trying to get me to pay his fees, I'd have either not went to see the house or tried to get another realtor.
Posted via Mobile Device

BryanBusby 09-16-2018 05:49 PM

OP, it sounds like you've clearly made up your own mind and I really don't know why you've made a thread.

LoneWolf 09-16-2018 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 13738173)
I think I will list it at 210k. All my research says that is towards the top end of what I could get but my house has a lot of new shit and it has been updated very nicely.

Hire an agent and list it for 220k. If the market is as hot as you say it is, the house will still sell quickly and you still take home the same amount of money.

Sassy Squatch 09-16-2018 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13738191)
OP, it sounds like you've clearly made up your own mind and I really don't know why you've made a thread.

LMAO Asks for advice, and when everyone tells him he shouldn't do it, just says "**** it, doing it anyway."