ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bob Sutton has gifted us with the best third-down defense in football (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317672)

htismaqe 09-24-2018 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13760002)
Dumb. we went into prevent and only rushed 3 and sat back at the first down marker. ****ing stupid!

Every team in the NFL does that multiple times a week. EVERY WEEK.

The difference between success and failure is player execution. EVERY WEEK.

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-24-2018 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13759923)
Sutton doesn't leave the middle of the field open. The players have to stay in their zones and make tackles.

I don't know how many times it has to be repeated but the scheme NEVER calls for guys to run wide open without a defender in sight. THAT'S THE PLAYERS, NOT THE SCHEME.

Maybe all our defense is dumb ?

htismaqe 09-24-2018 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13760014)
Maybe all our defense is dumb ?

It's pretty obvious that many of them are. I mean, it's quite possible that Eric Murray is actually brain-dead.

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-24-2018 06:13 PM

I wonder if Berry just doesn't want to play under Suttons ignorance ? I'm thinking now maybe he faked cancer and achilles

htismaqe 09-24-2018 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13760021)
I wonder if Berry just doesn't want to play under Suttons ignorance ?

You mean like his 2nd and 3rd ranked 2014 and 2015 defenses? Yeah, I'm sure that's it... :facepalm:

stevieray 09-24-2018 06:15 PM

I'm just hoping by next season they are fielding a complete team.

Top 10 defense and we'd be unstoppable.

htismaqe 09-24-2018 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 13760031)

Top 10 defense and we'd be unstoppable.

I'm hoping they do something this season still.

Halfcan 09-24-2018 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13759923)
Sutton doesn't leave the middle of the field open. The players have to stay in their zones and make tackles.

I don't know how many times it has to be repeated but the scheme NEVER calls for guys to run wide open without a defender in sight. THAT'S THE PLAYERS, NOT THE SCHEME.

We have been seeing it for years now- so either Sutton has poor schemes or is horrible at evaluating talent. I guess both.

Have you EVER seen a team so poor on 3rd and More than 10? This is a layup for defenses and yet Sutton gives them up like candy on Halloween.

Hey Sutton, here is an idea- instead of playing prevent on 3rd and 20, how about bringing pressure and limiting the time the QB has the ball. Stop letting him go through his progressions TWICE and then running wide open to get the first. You pressure, force a quick dump off and bring your Safties and LB's to shut it down. It should be an extremely Low conversion rate- not a Very High rate like we are allowing for 2 years now.

stevieray 09-24-2018 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13760036)
I'm hoping they do something this season still.

like?

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-24-2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13760026)
You mean like his 2nd and 3rd ranked 2014 and 2015 defenses? Yeah, I'm sure that's it... :facepalm:

You mean before he was senile

htismaqe 09-24-2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 13760040)
like?

Earl Thomas would fix a huge hole in the defense.

htismaqe 09-24-2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13760042)
You mean before he was senile

Silly. Just plain silly.

Halfcan 09-24-2018 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 13760031)

Top 20 defense and we'd be unstoppable.

FYP

Giving the other team the entire second half of games to mount a comeback while you sit back let them roll is not sustainable. Mahomes led 6 scoring drives, 5 for TD's. And yet the 49ers were not mathematically eliminated until late in the 4th quarter. :rolleyes:

htismaqe 09-24-2018 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 13760039)
We have been seeing it for years now- so either Sutton has poor schemes or is horrible at evaluating talent. I guess both.

Have you EVER seen a team so poor on 3rd and More than 10? This is a layup for defenses and yet Sutton gives them up like candy on Halloween.

Hey Sutton, here is an idea- instead of playing prevent on 3rd and 20, how about bringing pressure and limiting the time the QB has the ball. Stop letting him go through his progressions TWICE and then running wide open to get the first. You pressure, force a quick dump off and bring your Safties and LB's to shut it down. It should be an extremely Low conversion rate- not a Very High rate like we are allowing for 2 years now.

Sutton doesn't evaluate talent, that's the GM and scouts' job.

These players SUCK. They do bring pressure - and it often leads to HUGE gains. Our pass rushers stink, our defensive backs stink. Blitzing every down is how the defense gives up 14 points in 40 seconds and the team is no longer undefeated.

Halfcan 09-24-2018 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13760051)
Sutton doesn't evaluate talent, that's the GM and scouts' job.

These players SUCK. They do bring pressure - and it often leads to HUGE gains. Our pass rushers stink, our defensive backs stink. Blitzing every down is how the defense gives up 14 points in 40 seconds and the team is no longer undefeated.

We could have the Rams D Line and still be playing 8 back 25 yards. Sutton would rush 3 and try to wear the other QB out by throwing it 60 times a game.

Sutton does not know how to defend a simple screen pass-ever. the biggest plays this year against us have been screen passes. If it is just talent, it is Grandpa Bob's job to sit / cut players and move the next man up.