ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football So Mahomes and Mayfield are both legit (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317788)

ToxSocks 09-30-2018 07:31 PM

Just wait till NFL defenses get tape on him.

Buehler445 09-30-2018 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13776379)
Both need to have a few games facing real pressure and receivers that aren't NCAA open before people start crowning their asses.

Mahomes has fit his throws into some really tight windows. I presume he's the other half of the "both" you're referring to?

ToxSocks 09-30-2018 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13776497)
Mahomes has fit his throws into some really tight windows. I presume he's the other half of the "both" you're referring to?

Nah, he was talking about Trubisky.

/gives Hamas the stinkeye

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-30-2018 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13776497)

He has in a few cases, but I don't think anyone has receivers running as consistently and preposterously open as Mahomes. It doesn't mean he can't do it, but with his skill position players, he's got a massive advantage, which is obviously a great thing for the Chiefs.

Coach 09-30-2018 08:59 PM

I'm not putting Mayfield on the same level as Mahomes as of yet.

Mayfield, I believe, will be good but the Browns offense talent level is nowhere to KC's. That's one of the difference. Additionally, Mayfield is in year 1. Mahomes is in year 2.

Chiefshrink 09-30-2018 09:16 PM

Let’s not anoint Mayfield just yet, as Prescott and Watson were and for me the jury is still out on those guys. When you look at Trubisky, Watson, Prescott and Mayfield they did not have a year under their belt of total tutelage from a good veteran and it shows for the most part. Yes they have flashed for a period of time like today for Trubisky. Will these guys pan out to be good consistent NFL quarterbacks? It remains to be seen.

Patrick Mahomes has only played four NFL games and he plays the position as though he were a 10 year vet. Super athletic ability and a Very humble attitude to be mentored and an immense desire to win and be a student of the game at quarterback with a year of tutelage makes me safely and realistically anoint him now no doubt.

ToxSocks 09-30-2018 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13776762)
He has in a few cases, but I don't think anyone has receivers running as consistently and preposterously open as Mahomes. It doesn't mean he can't do it, but with his skill position players, he's got a massive advantage, which is obviously a great thing for the Chiefs.

Yeah no.

That TD in the back of the end zone to Robinson? That was incredible awareness and positioning.

That TD to sausage, just right out of range of the LB.

Im sure there's more but im kinda drunk.

No, his receivers have not been "preposterously" open, not consistently.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-30-2018 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13776912)
Yeah no.

That TD in the back of the end zone to Robinson? That was incredible awareness and positioning.

That TD to sausage, just right out of range of the LB.

Im sure there's more but im kinda drunk.

No, his receivers have not been "preposterously" open, not consistently.

https://www.chiefs.com/video/chiefs-...mes-highlights

ChiefsFanatic 09-30-2018 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 13776773)
I'm not putting Mayfield on the same level as Mahomes as of yet.

Mayfield, I believe, will be good but the Browns offense talent level is nowhere to KC's. That's one of the difference. Additionally, Mayfield is in year 1. Mahomes is in year 2.

Not only does Mayfield not have the same skill positions players as Mahomes, but even worse he has the Browns coaches and offensive coordinator. That is definitely a handicap.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

htismaqe 09-30-2018 09:57 PM

The jury isn't out on Prescott. He's not very good, it's obvious....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 13776851)
Let’s not anoint Mayfield just yet, as Prescott and Watson were and for me the jury is still out on those guys. When you look at Trubisky, Watson, Prescott and Mayfield they did not have a year under their belt of total tutelage from a good veteran and it shows for the most part. Yes they have flashed for a period of time like today for Trubisky. Will these guys pan out to be good consistent NFL quarterbacks? It remains to be seen.

Patrick Mahomes has only played four NFL games and he plays the position as though he were a 10 year vet. Super athletic ability and a Very humble attitude to be mentored and an immense desire to win and be a student of the game at quarterback with a year of tutelage makes me safely and realistically anoint him now no doubt.

Imon Yourside 09-30-2018 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 13776978)
Not only does Mayfield not have the same skill positions players as Mahomes, but even worse he has the Browns coaches and offensive coordinator. That is definitely a handicap.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

https://media1.tenor.com/images/b4c7...7442/tenor.gif

MahiMike 10-01-2018 08:15 AM

Manning, Marino, Montana, Mahomes, Mayfield.

Pattern?

WhiteWhale 10-01-2018 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13776762)

Mahomes is part of the reason they're getting so open. How do you think Harris got so open in the endzone last week?

But if you're waiting until he plays with worse players, then wait at least 2 years. These guys will be here next season too. They were here last year getting wide open too.

So what? We're supposed to wait a few years to form a conclusion?

Pitt Gorilla 10-01-2018 11:28 AM

If Trubisky continues to improve, Bienemy will be gone next year with a HC gig.

Kiimo 10-01-2018 12:30 PM

Mayfield does not "suck" lmao he looks far and away better than Darnold and Rosen (my pick to be the best) and it's okay to admit it.

If Mayfield had this offense and Reid and sat a year we'd be real happy with him. I'd rather have Mahomes than anybody in the NFL but it's okay to say that Mayfield has the spark.