ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Kelce & Hill on Burfict (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318321)

MVChiefFan 10-20-2018 05:32 AM

At this point, Kelce and Hill are probably just amazed at anyone who can actually tackle and play defense.

BigRedChief 10-20-2018 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13829474)
Yeah, I feel like most people just wish KC had a big injection of MEAN into the defense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwwataz (Post 13829490)
He's the NFL version of an enforcer. Love him or hate him, opposing fans are always talking about him the week they play the Bengals. Regardless of what they say you know the players do too... A mind **** if you will.

This "fearsome" era of the NFL is over. Moms werent letting their kids play pee wee football. No pee wee football players, no high school players and no college players to draft.

And its a good thing. The NFL can still be entertaining without people having life altering injuries. We don't need to see a LB come in late and use all of his force to hit a defenseless receivers head.

This aint Rome. We don't need blood to be entertained.

notorious 10-20-2018 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13829583)
This "fearsome" era of the NFL is over. Moms werent letting their kids play pee wee football. No pee wee football players, no high school players and no college players to draft.

And its a good thing. The NFL can still be entertaining without people having life altering injuries. We don't need to see a LB come in late and use all of his force to hit a defenseless receivers head.

This aint Rome. We don't need blood to be entertained.

I’ve accepted this, and I understand what they are trying to do with QB protection.

ILChief 10-20-2018 06:27 AM

We could use some mean on our defense

BigRedChief 10-20-2018 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13829611)
I’ve accepted this, and I understand what they are trying to do with QB protection.

The new rules cost us a sack and 4 points in NE. But, they are going to protect something more valuable than that the negative side of one loss, our golden ticket to finally get us a Super Bowl win.

Ribbs67 10-20-2018 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13829625)
The new rules cost us a sack and 4 points in NE. But, they are going to protect something more valuable than that the negative side of one loss, our golden ticket to finally get us a Super Bowl win.

The new rules didn't cost us anything...if you remember right there was defesive holding on the play that would have given them a first down at the 1 yard line. I hate cheapshot artists Burfict / Sue..and others. They try and level the playing field by taking out key players. Dude has no place in this league anymore. Get him out!

ChiTown 10-20-2018 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13829574)
Wasn't his 40 time in the 5s at the combine?

Teams got scared because the guy basically blew off trying to look good for the draft

He ran a 5.09 40, but I think it was his issue with getting PF’s on the field and some issues off-field at Arizona State that scared off GM’s more than his 40

COchief 10-20-2018 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 13829467)
I thought it was so stupid when he went undrafted. And the few of us who were hoping for the Chiefs to select him round after every passing round, took a lot of shit from the Burfict haters... who outnumbered us.

Absolutely this, I don't give a shit what he pulled at the combine, what his 40 time was, or how much he could bench, his college highlights looked like they were taken from from the movie The Waterboy, he was a man amongst boys in college and definitely worth a 5-7th.

Marcellus 10-20-2018 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13829474)
Yeah, I feel like most people just wish KC had a big injection of MEAN into the defense.

Mean is fine, dirty is not. Burfict is about as dirty a player as has ever played the game.

I wouldn't want Burfict on my team for the same reason I wouldnt want Romonowski on my team.

**** those guys.

Marcellus 10-20-2018 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ribbs67 (Post 13829645)
The new rules didn't cost us anything...if you remember right there was defesive holding on the play that would have given them a first down at the 1 yard line. I hate cheapshot artists Burfict / Sue..and others. They try and level the playing field by taking out key players. Dude has no place in this league anymore. Get him out!

Its been pointed out several times that the flag was thrown after Brady got away from Speaks.

TLO 10-20-2018 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 13829467)
I thought it was so stupid when he went undrafted. And the few of us who were hoping for the Chiefs to select him round after every passing round, took a lot of shit from the Burfict haters... who outnumbered us.

Geno Smith

Skyy God 10-20-2018 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ribbs67 (Post 13829645)

No guarantee holding gets called if Speaks completes the sack.

TLO 10-20-2018 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 13829716)
No guarantee holding gets called if Speaks completes the sack.

The flag was out as soon as Speaks made contact with the QB.

MahiMike 10-20-2018 11:18 AM

Very diplomatic of our guys. Smart.

htismaqe 10-20-2018 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 13829719)
The flag was out as soon as Speaks made contact with the QB.

Yep. The flag was already on the ground when Speaks hit Brady.