ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs "Rock" Kevin Ross openly campaigns to be Chiefs DB coach (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319368)

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-07-2018 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 13941133)
He could also help with murders!
Posted via Mobile Device

And that too! Win/win!

Hog's Gone Fishin 12-07-2018 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13940576)
That's the thing, I've wanted to but been reluctant to advocate for Ray Ray. But it isn't even for his rah-rah, or his pedigree. Dude breaks down what the mental error is and what should be happening from a scheme and communication standpoint to maintain defensive integrity.

He's been hammering home all season that defense isn't on a decline because of the rules. It's on the decline because people aren't playing team ball and maintaining scheme and assignments.

He doesn't coach to the athletic freaks like Peters to go out and freelance big plays [good and bad]. He coaches to the Joe Lunchpails to play smart and maintain team containment.

You've obviously been watching him too. I'm sure if he was offered a job he'd want to coach the Ravens but hey, is there anybody that can send Veach or clark a memo to reach out to Ray Ray?

Baby Lee 12-07-2018 12:32 PM

ROFL - loved when he [Ray] pointed out a defensive lapse, then followed with 'see, this shit is what gets my pits all hot. . . . That happens and NO ONE gets together and talks on the sideline after? No 'why did you?' No 'this is why I?' . . .

Rasputin 12-07-2018 01:32 PM

Why not take Sutton job? A circus monkey can replace Bob Sutton and do a better job.

JakeF 12-07-2018 04:52 PM

Kevin Ross was smart and used technique. He wasn't one of these guys that was just super athletic and made it by being fast.

Our coaching staff as a whole suck. There are too many things that just continue to happen over and over again. Players that were better on other teams but are crap now. It's time to make a change and not a small change.

Our entire defensive coaching staff should be gone. Andy can make Britt his personal paper copier if it makes him feel better.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-08-2018 04:39 AM

God Bless Emmitt but he's 8 years in and it's time for EVERYONE to get scrubbed.

oldman 12-08-2018 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 13941830)
Kevin Ross was smart and used technique. He wasn't one of these guys that was just super athletic and made it by being fast.

Our coaching staff as a whole suck. There are too many things that just continue to happen over and over again. Players that were better on other teams but are crap now. It's time to make a change and not a small change.

Our entire defensive coaching staff should be gone. Andy can make Britt his personal paper copier if it makes him feel better.

I agree with you, but only a complete collapse of the D, a la Colts game, is going to make Andy move on this. There might be some on the staff that are worth keeping, but we'll never know because of Sutton's bend don't break attitude. Breaking is pretty easy with 50 yards pass/DPI plays and 30 yard runs up the middle. At minimum, bring in someone like the Rock and DJ. They're both smart and know how to hit.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-08-2018 09:20 AM

This defense is pure, embarrassing shit. And you thought it couldn't get worse than G-Rob or Herm? LMAO