ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News The Boy Scouts of America going Belly Up ? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319528)

srvy 12-13-2018 08:58 AM

Isn't chapter 11 reorganizing and 7 is folding and completely shutting down?

I would expect chapter 7 from the GSA as they have had a huge flight of girls over to the BSA. Girls want to do all the cool things the boys have been doing for years and the boys just want to stay home ans play video games.

TEX 12-13-2018 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 13955418)
Sad what Gen X has done here.

Exactly the case.

wazu 12-13-2018 09:07 AM

For what it’s worth Scouts is doing fine at the grass roots level in KC as far as I can tell. I see the national stories making it sound like the sky is falling but the troop my sons are in does fine. Every campout we attend there are other troops in the area. Big events like Scouting 500 bring out massive crowds still. Boys are still earning Eagle Scout. Life goes on.

Just pointing this out because these national stories and the online discussions I see often paint a doom and gloom picture that doesn’t reflect the reality that my boys and I are experiencing.

Chiefspants 12-13-2018 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 13955418)
Sad what Gen X has done here.

Bingo.

I just watched one of my students (Age 14 - Holy ****, right) get sworn in as an Eagle Scout on Monday. The saddest part was how empty the ceremony was.

Kids would LOVE to get involved with things like this today. Hell, I work with them every day. On our adventure days, we can barely find enough adults to serve as proctors for the outdoor activities.

But - the kids aren't the ones making the choices here - it's the parents. This decline started well before the "millennials."

FAX 12-13-2018 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13955406)
Totally agree... and regarding grandparents. So, we lost my father-in-law last month and of all my kids, it hit my oldest the most. Over the last 3 years, the two of them really bonded over a lot of the MBs (leathering, metal work, etc). And, there are several grandpas that participate with this troop - attend campouts, etc. I'll say that the grandpas are the guys that my son loves hanging out with the most.

And, it's because they actually take the time to teach the boys something and there's just a great bonding that happens between boys 15-18 and grandpas.

I think troops should do more to partner up with local seniors and really share experiences, it's cool.

It's usually not a good idea to draw universal conclusions from individual experience, but I can say this with confidence; the most impressive kids (I've personally known well) grew up around and had meaningful relationships with their grandparents. There's probably a lot of reasons why their influence can have such a positive impact on young people.

FAX

Prison Bitch 12-13-2018 09:21 AM

We all know why this happened.

Randallflagg 12-13-2018 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter LaCanforno (Post 13955240)
Possible Chapter 11? I wonder Why?

Any number of reasons - (1) getting involved in Politics and (2) Boys are no longer interested (for the most part) the outdoors.

loochy 12-13-2018 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13955453)
We all know why this happened.

<br /><br />
<br /><br />
Mexican, Guatemalan, Honduran, and Central American illegal immigrants?<br /><br />
<font size="1"><i>Posted via Mobile Device</i></font>

Prison Bitch 12-13-2018 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 13955458)
Mexican and other Central American immigrants?
Posted via Mobile Device

I bet there are some turds in Scout leadership who wanna give that a try next.

fan4ever 12-13-2018 09:31 AM

TRUSTWORTHY
LOYAL
HELPFUL
FRIENDLY
COURTEOUS
KIND
OBEDIENT
CHEERFUL
THRIFTY
BRAVE
CLEAN
REVERENT

How out of touch.

Mennonite 12-13-2018 09:34 AM

if the op had bothered posting a link you guys would know that they are filing for bankruptcy because they have been successfully sued so many times for having pedophile scout leaders.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/boy-sco...ts-11544649657.

Goddamn politically correct snowflake illegal immigrant c-u-c-k-s strike again!
Can't even sodomize little boys in this country any more without having your name dragged through the mud.

Chiefspants 12-13-2018 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 13955479)
if the op had bothered posting a link you guys would know that they are filing for bankruptcy because they have been successfully sued so many times for having pedophile scout leaders.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/boy-sco...ts-11544649657.

Goddamn politically correct snowflake illegal immigrant c-u-c-k-s strike again!
Can't even sodomize little boys in this country any more without having your name dragged through the mud.

Ah - thank you for the clarification.

Fish 12-13-2018 10:27 AM

Boyscouts was lame anyway. Always confiscating our beer and weed...

PunkinDrublic 12-13-2018 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13955587)
Boyscouts was lame anyway. Always confiscating our beer and weed...

Never joined the scouts but I once ate a brownie.

vailpass 12-13-2018 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 13955258)
girls in Boy Scouts...ya that won't change anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 38yrsfan (Post 13955267)
The biggest reason for the current situation is the loss of the LDS money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc rush (Post 13955292)
Latter Day Saints. They were a huge block of BSA, recent decisions have lead to LDS to start their own program.

Yep. SJW ****s that can't stand the reality that some things are just for boys and some things are just for girls and that it is perfectly okay for it to be that way.