ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs cornerback Charvarius Ward’s path from wheelchair to mama’s boy to the NFL (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320509)

Skyy God 01-16-2019 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14045266)
...Josh Johnson the QB?

Jackson, sorry.

Pablo 01-16-2019 06:05 PM

His mom did a really good job with the names on the two kids in the story. I need to know the rest of them now.

wheeler08 01-16-2019 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 14045289)
His mom did a really good job with the names on the two kids in the story. I need to know the rest of them now.

Lol. At first I thought, wow they really spelled his name wrong!

Frosty 01-16-2019 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 14045289)

A brother named Charvulius, a sister named Charvette and another sister named Charvene.

T-post Tom 01-16-2019 06:17 PM

Good story. Hope the coaches get him prepared for this week. I imagine BB and the NE DC will look to pick on him.

threebag 01-16-2019 07:18 PM

Kids a blanket out there on his man.

WhiteWhale 01-16-2019 07:30 PM

I wasn't really familiar with his story. I don't mean this one either.

He's athletic, big for a corner, and plays aggressive. 22 years old. Overlooked because he was a division II guy.

Man, I hope he's not fool's gold. He's played great.

Graystoke 01-16-2019 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 14045307)
A brother named Charvulius, a sister named Charvette and another sister named Charvene.

All named after their dear old Grandad, Charvelomite

Bob Dole 01-16-2019 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graystoke (Post 14045757)
All named after their dear old Grandad, Charvelomite

He just smiled and gave me a Charvelomite sandwich.

JohnnyHammersticks 01-16-2019 08:32 PM

What a great story! I like him even more now.

As I mentioned in a thread about him after the game, if you go back and re-watch that game he was showing elite cover skills and was physically dominating whoever he was on. Hilton may not have been 100%, but he wasn't 100% the week before when he torched the Texans either. Ward was on him like glue. Made another really nice breakup on Pascal too. Elite cover skills the entire game, until they backed off at the end. His college tape looked really good, but he looked totally over-matched in that Seattle game, and you never know how small college guys like will translate. If he can somehow keep playing like he played last Saturday, that's a game-changer for our defense.

DaFace 01-16-2019 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 14045608)
I wasn't really familiar with his story. I don't mean this one either.

He's athletic, big for a corner, and plays aggressive. 22 years old. Overlooked because he was a division II guy.

Man, I hope he's not fool's gold. He's played great.

We've had some no-name corners who showed promise and then took a step back over the years (Cooper comes to mind recently), but it sounds like he's got the smarts to hopefully keep it up.

But even if not, if he just plays quality ball for the next two games, no one will ever say a bad thing about him in KC for the rest of his life.

Naptown Chief 01-16-2019 09:08 PM

Yet another reason to like the kid. What a great story... Thank you for posting this.

Marcellus 01-16-2019 09:51 PM

Nice story and makes me happy to hear this but this part makes me WTF?

Quote:

Ward said he was so out of shape both physically and mentally for that first game that he felt like he couldn’t breathe.
I suppose if you don't play full games and just practice you don't get the same work out and level of cardio workout as playing every Sunday?

But it seems you have all the time you need on your hands to be in shape and simulate game time. You literally have nothing else to do.

Rain Man 01-16-2019 09:55 PM

"Red Dread" is a pretty good nickname.

Rain Man 01-16-2019 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14045928)
Nice story and makes me happy to hear this but this part makes me WTF?

I suppose if you don't play full games and just practice you don't get the same work out and level of cardio workout as playing every Sunday?

But it seems you have all the time you need on your hands to be in shape and simulate game time. You literally have nothing else to do.

Yeah, I didn't understand that at all. I wonder if maybe going all-out speed in the games may take it out of you if you're already hyped up about starting?