ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Babb: In tragedies’ wake, Reid and the Chiefs found success through second chances (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320602)

decibelup 01-19-2019 11:02 AM

it's kinda sad that the best articles i've read on the chiefs in recent weeks have been from ex chiefs writers at other outlets.

chiefzilla1501 01-19-2019 11:04 AM

Regardless of how this turned out, Reid's in a good place now. His son is not only well but he's in his life every day and he's doing something not only meaningful, but he's doing it well. Nepotism aside, he's done a really good job with our defensive line. I guess that's a big advantage of being an older coach with older kids.

stevieray 01-19-2019 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14051890)
Andy must have one hell of a wife

Amen

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-19-2019 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by decibelup (Post 14051957)
it's kinda sad that the best articles i've read on the chiefs in recent weeks have been from ex chiefs writers at other outlets.

No doubt. And it's going to get worse. That new tramp the Star hired suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. Badly.

Be grateful that KC warrants national coverage!

Donger 01-19-2019 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14051890)
Andy must have one hell of a wife

That's what I thought reading this. I presume he is actually married?

chiefzilla1501 01-19-2019 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by decibelup (Post 14051957)

Not sure I'd say that. KC Star and the Athletic have some very good writers. Having great quality writers come out of the KC pipeline is great, not sad for us. Means the best writers are constantly pulling for us in the national press. If you need a good Star article, here's one about Patrick Mahomes and how his agent is marketing him for endorsement deals. Excellent read.

htismaqe 01-19-2019 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14051813)
It's not the life I want to have, but many people who are at the top of their industry sacrifice family for work. I'm not endorsing that, but Andy is hardly unusual in that.

I work with a great many personalities like that. Divorced, kids gone, 100% married to the job. It makes me sad but I also have different priorities than they do.

htismaqe 01-19-2019 11:23 AM

Quote:

during which a soft-spoken linebacker had shot his girlfriend to death before killing himself in front of the team’s coach and general manager
I know in terms of football, we all hate those guys but when it comes to life, I cannot imagine, to this day, what it would be like for Pioli and Crennel to have witnessed it like that.

chiefzilla1501 01-19-2019 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14051980)
No doubt. And it's going to get worse. That new tramp the Star hired suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. Badly.

Be grateful that KC warrants national coverage!

Pryor? I don't think she's that bad. She's probably more on the Elizabeth Merrill side and Merrill was underrated - she's been terrific for ESPN. Mellinger's solid too... he might as well be posting from CP much of the time.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-19-2019 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14052165)
Pryor? I don't think she's that bad. She's probably more on the Elizabeth Merrill side and Merrill was underrated - she's been terrific for ESPN. Mellinger's solid too... he might as well be posting from CP much of the time.

Admittedly I've only had access to one of her pieces but from what I read, the future did not look bright in terms of replacing Paylor's contributions.

As to Mellinger, I used to like him a lot during the Peeholi days but in my opinion, he bought-in to Reid in KC way too hard before there was anything to truly buy-in to. And in doing so, damaged his credibility. He's alright but he's no JoPo or Whitlock in their KC prime.