ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Article about the 2019 NFL Schedule (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321257)

Chief Pagan 02-11-2019 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 14101264)
I'd MUCH rather play in the Nantz/Romo late CBS slot over Monday Night Football which is a comically terrible production.

If all our games were either SNF or late CBS I would be happy. TNF and MNF suck balls.

Agreed.

The NFL should make Nantz/Romo the official announcers for all Chiefs games regardless of time slot and network.

Chief Pagan 02-11-2019 04:37 PM

"New England’s most likely opponents for the opening “Sunday Night Football” game are the Browns, Chiefs, Giants or Steelers, each of which is on the Patriots’ 2019 schedule."

What in depth reporting. So what this guy is trying to tell me is that the most likely team to play the Pats in week 1 is a team that is on the Patriots schedule?! I never would have known that if not for this article!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 14101248)
Yeah, that's a shame. I was hoping they'd play the Lakers...

I would be happy with that. As long as Lebron was starting at center or NT.

Amnorix 02-11-2019 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 14101138)
Pretty much. Brady is like Barry Bonds in a way. He may be one of the greatest of all time, but with all of the asterisks he loses a lot of respect that would have come with it had he done it the right way.

It's amazing to me. The guy literally went to, and won, multiple Super Bowls, as well as a league MVP after the bullshit deflategate controversy, so what is more likely -- that he actually cheated and it helped him in some fashion, or that the entire thing was bullshit to begin with (as proven by actual science)?

I won't turn this into a long-running deflategate discussion. We've all been there and done that, but all the evidence points to deflategate having been a nothingburger given the post-deflategate success of both Brady and the Patriots. :shrug:

Clyde Frog 02-11-2019 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 14101963)
It's amazing to me. The guy literally went to, and won, multiple Super Bowls, as well as a league MVP after the bullshit deflategate controversy, so what is more likely -- that he actually cheated and it helped him in some fashion, or that the entire thing was bullshit to begin with (as proven by actual science)?

I won't turn this into a long-running deflategate discussion. We've all been there and done that, but all the evidence points to deflategate having been a nothingburger given the post-deflategate success of both Brady and the Patriots. :shrug:

So you can straight faced say to people that TB and NE won all those titles without taking any unfair or shady advantages?

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-11-2019 05:01 PM

I hate prime time games. I really do. I wanna see my team play at noon . It just takes forever for 7 pm to get here.

KChiefs1 02-11-2019 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14101065)
Good news

Chiefs need to finish the season in Miami at Super Bowl LIV.

FYP

Discuss Thrower 02-11-2019 05:35 PM

So I'll backdown from my hawt take and guess the following big prime time games will be:

Kickoff - Packers at Bears
Week 1 SNF - Chiefs at Patriots
East Coast MNF - Texans at Ravens
West Coast MNF - 49ers at Rams

London Games:

Texans at Buccaneers* (CBS)
Vikings at Chargers# (FOX way early)
Jets at Jaguars# (CBS)
Bengals at Rams* (CBS)
Titans at Raiders# (CBS)

Thanksgiving FOX - Saints at Cowboys
Thanksgiving CBS - Chiefs at Lions
Thanksgiving NBC - Texans at Chargers

So the * and # flagged games that feature common opponents among them. I point this out because a) the Buccs and Jags are in potential hurricane zones for the front half of the NFL season and b) the Raiders are effectively homeless. Seems to me that the NFL might consider having one or two of guaranteed home teams stay an extra week in London to play as the visiting team.

EDIT:
lol no they won't because too many players will realize they'll get butt****ed on taxes