ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs sign OT Justin Senior (former CFL top draft prospect) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321405)

htismaqe 02-19-2019 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14114293)
I agree on Schwartz but Fisher was hot and cold all year.

We also had trouble running the ball on short yardage, was manhandled by the Patriots in the first half of the Playoffs. The Ravens destroyed us as well. Mahomes made the O line look average- not the other way around.

The entire interior of the line was in flux for a good part of the season.

Halfcan 02-19-2019 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 14114400)
Bronze works for me. :)

Who called it trash?

Titty Meat.

Halfcan 02-19-2019 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14114541)
The entire interior of the line was in flux for a good part of the season.

Exactly, and there is no guarantee we won't have injuries again this year. I want to see as much competition as possible for those back up spots.

It would be awesome to see this line become dominate so we can take over games on the ground as well as in the air.

Come playoff time- you have to be able to run the ball and play some smashmouth football.

htismaqe 02-19-2019 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14114585)
Exactly, and there is no guarantee we won't have injuries again this year. I want to see as much competition as possible for those back up spots.

It would be awesome to see this line become dominate so we can take over games on the ground as well as in the air.

Come playoff time- you have to be able to run the ball and play some smashmouth football.

This team doesn't really have the capital to spend on backup linemen. They have an entire defensive secondary to rebuild.

Pitt Gorilla 02-19-2019 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14114614)
This team doesn't really have the capital to spend on backup linemen. They have an entire defensive secondary to rebuild.

Thank goodness we have Berry soaking up those cap dollars.

htismaqe 02-19-2019 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14114647)

I know.

Hoover 02-19-2019 03:52 PM

We should turn around and trade him for a 4th or 5th round pick

/CP

T-post Tom 02-19-2019 03:55 PM

Camp fodder. Won't make it to 2nd cut. (Hope I'm wrong. Hope he makes Pro Bowl.)

Flying High D 02-19-2019 04:39 PM

Quote:

It’s complicated.

TinyEvel 02-19-2019 10:50 PM

To the buckskin canoe!

CoMoChief 02-20-2019 03:12 AM

Tackle depth is very meh...in fact other than Erving sliding over, I'm not sure who the backup tackle after him would be without looking it up.

Interior depth showed some promise last season when LDT/Morse were out. I mean, they're backups w/ limited playing time so it is what it is, they were serviceable for the time being. I think the general consensus around here is to let Morse walk, which I agree. The guy unfortunately is just unable to stay healthy and the concussion thing is definitely concerning to say the least.

However, it doesn't mean the Chiefs let him walk. Reid likes Morse a lot and camaraderie amongst the OL is important for Mahomes and the offense for these next few yrs when the Chiefs SB window is wide open. But more important players need to be paid first and foremost...center is fairly easy position to replace, and Morse to be honest was a little bit on the weak side, didn't get much push off the line. But a coach liking a player will go a long ways..I'd keep that in mind. The good part about keeping Morse is that extra draft pick can be used on a defensive player, unless they plan on signing a guy in FA. They extended Reiter's contract a couple years and he'll have a full training camp perhaps w/ the 1's so maybe he can improve.

So it will be interesting to see what goes down. But enough of my ramblings...this guy is probably just camp fodder.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-20-2019 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 14114268)
Fisher and Schwartz were arguably the top bookend tackles in the league and at worst one of the very best.

The interior Oline had some injuries but still managed to be decent overall.

This Oline was part of an offense that was historically good.

They were clearly a top 15 OL. Get real.

Come on man, the interior could use help and the entire line needs depth.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-20-2019 04:12 PM

Quote:

Trust the Spirit.

saphojunkie 02-20-2019 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14116572)
Come on man, the interior could use help and the entire line needs depth.

Fisher is fine most of the time and occasionally just gets destroyed. Like... he's not there, destroyed.

Sassy Squatch 02-20-2019 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 14116577)
Fisher is fine most of the time and occasionally just gets destroyed. Like... he's not there, destroyed.

Chandler Jones ****ed him rawdog.