ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Jon Gruden (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=324418)

Flying High D 08-11-2019 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14390828)
It's probably a partial guarantee. First 4 or 5 years most likely. I doubt the other owners would let Davis give a fully guaranteed 10 year contract. Especially to someone who hasn't coached in a decade.

Hint, Mark Davis is perfectly within his rights to do so.

wazu 08-11-2019 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerok (Post 14390830)
Gruden is doing it right, IMO. He knows he could be 'good' now with Mack and Cooper but he knows with Mahomes good isn't good enough.

He is trading value now, since especailly with the city change in a year or two, now doesn't matter as much, and is trying to be the hottest new thing in the league when they move to Vegas, and compete when Mahomes is making 40 million a year and the Chiefs don't have the roster quite as stacked as they do now.

Yeah, trading picks to get Antonio Brown and signing him to a gigantic contract instead of paying Khalil Mack. He's clearly got a strong plan for that team.

Bowser 08-11-2019 08:33 PM

He's part owner of the Raiders now, too. Right?

10/100 mil and part owner of an NFL franchise. Yeah.

tk13 08-11-2019 08:35 PM

Yeah, I'd say if you want any shot at stopping Mahomes, Khalil Mack is exactly the type of guy you want.

Bowser 08-11-2019 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 14390893)
Yeah, I'd say if you want any shot at stopping Mahomes, Khalil Mack is exactly the type of guy you want.

You'd think, but I'll just sit here and wait for raidernumber1 to explain just how wrong you are.

Jerm 08-11-2019 08:43 PM

**** Jon Gruden and **** Derek Carr....

A completely overrated coach and an overrated QB...

-King- 08-11-2019 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High D (Post 14390882)
Hint, Mark Davis is perfectly within his rights to do so.

Sure. And the owners would be well in their rights to block his move to Vegas or do something that would **** up his money or his ownership of the team. He's one of if not the poorest owners in the league and has no real power in the league. If the others tell him to do something or not do something, he'll obey.

Flying High D 08-11-2019 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14390901)
Sure. And the owners would be well in their rights to block his move to Vegas or do something that would **** up his money or his ownership of the team. He's one of if not the poorest owners in the league and has no real power in the league. If the others tell him to do something or not do something, he'll obey.

1. NFL coaching contracts are fully guaranteed

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...aid/111249076/

JD10367 08-12-2019 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamwallet (Post 14390732)
When Jon Gruden took the job I was pretty high on Carr. I told many people “I hate the Raiders but I really like Carr”. After watching Hard Knocks I still like Carr as a person. That said....

If Gruden knew he was signing up for a job in Mahomes division before hand would he have taken this job? I think captain hindsight has his ass in the booth.

Jesus F’in Christ. Really? “Geez, if I’d known Mahomes was going for 50/5000 I would’ve skipped the 100 mill and stayed in the booth!” First off, stop sucking his dick, he’s not in Canton yet. Even if he ends up a HOFer, it doesn’t guarantee a SB win (Dan Marino says hi). Furthermore, EVERY division has great QBs. $100M. There’s hyperbole and there’s simple ****ing stupidity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 14390899)
**** Jon Gruden and **** Derek Carr....

A completely overrated coach and an overrated QB...

“Completely” is a strong statement. But he did take a team largely built by Tony Dungy that was pretty much handed to him.

Mecca 08-12-2019 06:56 AM

Gruden took the job for the same reason Herm Edwards took the ASU job, ESPN is losing money and they are downsizing, at best they would have been told they were taking paycuts at worst they would have been fired and replaced by cheaper people...so they got out while they could.

KCUnited 08-12-2019 07:20 AM

The whole thing is like one continuous Hooters commercial with uglier chicks.

dj56dt58 08-12-2019 07:22 AM

the Raiders suck regardless of Mahomes

ptlyon 08-12-2019 08:26 AM

Like Gruden or hate him, I think he's a great evaluator of talent. He absolutely loved Mahomes. I know he wishes he had him.

So it will be fun watching him suffer loss after glorious loss watching what he dreamed of beating him like a rental. :homer::old:

Redbled 08-12-2019 08:40 AM

I could lose for 10 years for that money.

Skyy God 08-12-2019 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 14391135)
Like Gruden or hate him, I think he's a great evaluator of talent. He absolutely loved Mahomes. I know he wishes he had him.

So it will be fun watching him suffer loss after glorious loss watching what he dreamed of beating him like a rental. :homer::old:

The only thing Gruden is great at is selling his faux tough guy persona.