ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs vs Houston; Final Injury Report (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325869)

WhiteWhale 10-12-2019 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 14517965)
FYP

Darrell would me my bell cow back. He's solid but not spectacular. But he protects the football.

Darrell Williams fumbled against the Lions dumbass.

Guess what? He didn't get benched.

Benching McCoy was stupid. He's clearly the best RB on the team. Much higher YPC than Darrell and he has just as many fumbles on more carries. Damien Williams is averaging 1.8 yards per carry.

JakeF 10-12-2019 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 14517978)
Fumble the football, ride the pine. Pretty simple concept. Fumbling the ball has been what stopped the offense two weeks running.

It cant be tolerated. Ill take 2.5 yards and retain possession over a flashy play where we go 30 yards and turn the football over.

McCoy is proven, you stick with him.

Andy drops the hammer when a vet like McCoy fumbles the ball but does nothing when all these young guys continue to do stupid shit all game long?

Reid is determine to keep De'Anthony "**** up" Thomas around every year. How many times has DAT fielded the ball inside the 10?

We would be better off if our special teams didn't exist. They keep returning the ball from the endzone and failing to make it out to the 25. How many times are we going to block someone in the back during a return? Isn't Toub supposed to be great?

Team discipline is total ass and that is directly on Andy Reid.

WhiteWhale 10-12-2019 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 14518000)
Bruh. I didnt say the playcalling was great, and Williams isnt slow.

However, gaining lots of yards and shitting the ball away because you flagrantly carry it like a loaf of bread does nothing.

Failed play and Mahomes getting another snap beats great play and fumble.

Want to play? Protect the ball. We have to have set some sort of fumbling record over the past two games. It pathetic.

You don't seem to have a problem with Darrell Williams fumbling based on your comments.

... but you know.. the proven vet with no history of abundant fumbling who is far and away the most productive RB should be punished for one fumble.

Your position lacks coherence.

Wallcrawler 10-12-2019 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 14517998)
So you think Kareem Hunt should have been benched and rode the pine when he fumbled against the patriots in week 1 of 2017? On his first carry. He was the main reason KC won that game. You think KC wins with West playing? ROFL stop it.

You're wrong, and your comment is stupid.

Mahomes has fumbled this year. Should KC have benched him?

You don't bench your best players every time they make a mistake.

Hunt NEVER fumbled prior to that, and never did again. Shady is notoriously bad for ball security. But way to miss the point.

When youre going to be tackled and hit every single time you carry the ball, ball security is expected. Shady still carries it like a loaf of bread. He cost the team big, he got benched.

Mahomes fumbling wasn't due to lack of security, more like a lack of protection. Besides, when you account for 5k and 50td, you live with a couple of those. Shady not even in the same galaxy as Mahomes.

Try to keep up.

Wallcrawler 10-12-2019 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 14518008)
You don't seem to have a problem with Darrell Williams fumbling based on your comments.

... but you know.. the proven vet with no history of abundant fumbling who is far and away the most productive RB should be punished for one fumble.

Your position lacks coherence.

Mahomes already clarified what happened on that in the Lions game. The exchange was never solid, as it was an RPO. MVP decided too late he wanted to keep and disrupted the play.

It wasnt due to Darrel being a complete dumbass carrying the ball away from his body and swinging it around.

I dont really believe this to be your true feelings, more being intentionally obtuse about it. Like calling Williams, who runs a 4.4 40, slow. Lol.

Like we didnt just see the dude in preseason take a flare pass 60+ outrunning everyone to the endzonr.

Its plain to see for anyone who saw that play why the fumble occured.

Megatron96 10-12-2019 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 14518001)
Darrell Williams fumbled against the Lions dumbass.

Guess what? He didn't get benched.

Benching McCoy was stupid. He's clearly the best RB on the team. Much higher YPC than Darrell and he has just as many fumbles on more carries. Damien Williams is averaging 1.8 yards per carry.

I read that Andy said that McCoy wasn't benched because of the fumble in last week's game. It had to do with his ankle; they needed a RB that could pass pro, and Andy/EB felt that Shady's ankle would be a liability trying to hold up under the pressure of blocking their LBs.

It makes sense; cutting is one thing, but trying to execute a continuous block against a 240 lb. LB might cause the ankle to fail.

And we know Shady's ankle isn't quite right. He hasn't been able to cut off of it as sharply since he injured it.

Megatron96 10-12-2019 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 14518014)
Hunt NEVER fumbled prior to that, and never did again. Shady is notoriously bad for ball security. But way to miss the point.

When youre going to be tackled and hit every single time you carry the ball, ball security is expected. Shady still carries it like a loaf of bread. He cost the team big, he got benched.

Mahomes fumbling wasn't due to lack of security, more like a lack of protection. Besides, when you account for 5k and 50td, you live with a couple of those. Shady not even in the same galaxy as Mahomes.

Try to keep up.

Not really. Shady historically fumbles about once every 150-200 carries. Last year he didn't have a single fumble in 195 carries and 34 receptions.

As I stated above, he wasn't benched for fumbling.

Wallcrawler 10-12-2019 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14518023)
I read that Andy said that McCoy wasn't benched because of the fumble in last week's game. It had to do with his ankle; "they needed a RB that could pass pro, and Andy/EB felt that Shady's ankle would be a liability trying to hold up under the pressure of blocking their LBs.

It makes sense; cutting is one thing, but trying to execute a continuous block against a 240 lb. LB might cause the ankle to fail.

And we know Shady's ankle isn't quite right. He hasn't been able to cut off of it as sharply since he injured it.

If pass protection was the only reason he was benched, then it makes no sense that he had no plays designed to go to him if running/cutting was still okay.

He never saw another snap after that fumble. Could he have tweaked it on the screen/fumble? Sure. Its possible. Could be coincidence.

But I doubt it.

Megatron96 10-12-2019 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 14518036)
If pass protection was the only reason he was benched, then it makes no sense that he had no plays designed to go to him if running/cutting was still okay.

He never saw another snap after that fumble. Could he have tweaked it on the screen/fumble? Sure. Its possible. Could be coincidence.

But I doubt it.

Obviously Andy's word isn't good enough for you. Whatever. Rant away, buddy.

Wallcrawler 10-12-2019 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14518047)
Obviously Andy's word isn't good enough for you. Whatever. Rant away, buddy.

You believe everything coaches say? I got a bridge to sell you too.

Like Reid would EVER get up In front of the press and say yeah, he fumbled so i benched his ass for the rest of the game.

Jesus.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10-12-2019 05:07 PM

Can’t we all just get along guys :)

Megatron96 10-12-2019 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 14518053)
You believe everything coaches say? I got a bridge to sell you too.

Like Reid would EVER get up In front of the press and say yeah, he fumbled so i benched his ass for the rest of the game.

Jesus.

Thanks, I'm a lot of things, but Jesus isn't one of them.

I'll tend to believe Reid until we have solid EVIDENCE to give me a reason not to believe him. Plus, Reid isn't dumb enough to throw away a player that has been the best RB of the group for the season over a fumble early in the game while it was still so close. That's high school sh*t.

Add in the fact that Reid is historically a "give him a second chance guy," in every aspect of his personality, and this character trait is most evident in his play-calling. When a guy drops an easy pass, he tends to dial up a play that goes right back to that guy (Kelce? Hunt?). It's in his basic nature, buddy.

It goes against everything Andy Reid is about as human being and as a coach to bench Shady after that fumble.

So endeth the lesson.

FloridaMan88 10-12-2019 05:14 PM

McCoy- 5.4 YPC this season.
Damien Williams- 1.8 YPC this season.

One McCoy fumble (as he was making a big play) and some dumbshits want to bench him for the Alex Smith of RB’s, Damien Williams.

Megatron96 10-12-2019 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 14518067)
McCoy- 5.4 YPC this season.
Damien Williams- 1.8 YPC this season.

One McCoy fumble (as he was making a big play) and some dumbshits want to bench him for the Alex Smith of RB’s, Damien Williams.

Agreed. I think sometimes we're a little too hard on Damien though this season. He had less than 60 carries coming into the season; he's young and inexperienced. He is the fastest of the three RBs, and he can catch. But he hasn't quite learned to be as patient or to locate and exploit the holes/gaps as a guy like Shady. That stuff tends to take time. He should mature into a decent back. Right now I think he's pressing a bit.

rydogg58 10-12-2019 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 14518014)

Try to keep up.

When the fumble first happened I was pissed because of the way McCoy seems to carry the ball. But on the replay it looked like he was doing a pretty good job of holding onto it, just one of those fluke plays that happen sometimes.