ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Does the D deserve the least amount of blame? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=326649)

srvy 11-11-2019 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 14589991)
Offense for drops (Hill, Watkins come to mind) and way too many penalties.

This we would have blown them out even with shit D if receivers and backs held onto ball and cut down penalties first half.

Megatron96 11-11-2019 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 14590555)
Probably the 20th best QB in the NFL. Something like that.

Maybe, I don't know. I don't really care about what his actual ranking is.

I try to envision who I'd want before him, or after him. He's good enough that I'd take him before a lot of other QBs right now. Or to put it another way, If I'd been Vrabel at the beginning of this season, I'd have started Tannehill over Mariota Week 1. Wouldn't have thought twice about it.

Titty Meat 11-11-2019 06:58 PM

When you score 32 points you should win.

The Franchise 11-11-2019 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 (Post 14590532)
Not that one man is a savior, but I really believe if Pennel is active we win that game.

Only been here a short time, but arguably one of our best run defenders - and inactive against a great rushing offense.

It's almost like KC assumed they would boat race TEN and they would abandon the run...

It’s exactly what happened.

We’ve got Mahomes so here comes 40 points in the first half. They’ll have to throw the ball.

Failed on that one.

Buehler445 11-11-2019 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14590569)
Maybe, I don't know. I don't really care about what his actual ranking is.

I try to envision who I'd want before him, or after him. He's good enough that I'd take him before a lot of other QBs right now. Or to put it another way, If I'd been Vrabel at the beginning of this season, I'd have started Tannehill over Mariota Week 1. Wouldn't have thought twice about it.

You have to think that Tannehill steals at least one of their close losses. Another win and the narrative is a lot different around these fools.

keg in kc 11-11-2019 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 14590113)
That doesn’t excuse the defense’s total no show on Tennessee’s game winning TD drive.

Tennessee... a terrible passing offense with a crappy QB starts on their own 39 yard line with no time outs, 1:20 left and needing a TD.

That is a very favorable situation for the defense.

But instead, four plays and a TD given up with no resistance.

Pathetic, gutless and embarrassing.

A favorable situation for the defense? Are you serious with that shit? The 40 ****ing yardline with well over a minute left?
Who on Earth couldn't see what was coming after KC boofed that field goal. That script has played out about a million times on NFL fields. We left them too short a field and way too much time on the clock. End of story.

There is no argument here. The Chiefs got the ball on the Tennessee 32 with 1:48 left on the clock. Their all world offense with their super genius head coach could not make one single, solitary first down. That's all they needed. They do that and the game is over. They do that and we're all here talking about how the defense struggled but stood tall at the end, how Clark made a play when it counted.

But no, we have team built around offense, and that offense choked the game away.

FAX 11-11-2019 08:39 PM

Does the defense deserve the blame?

Well ... when you give up 35 points to the freaking Tacks ...

John Wick Voice: "Kinda. Yeah."

FAX

InChiefsHeaven 11-11-2019 09:01 PM

As pissed as I am about it, that whole game was loaded with WTF moments, penalties, fumble return for TD, insanely weird shit on that botched FG...

...it was just not our day. We'll see if they can bounce back next week. We've seen this defense flat out play better for 3 straight games, then Goliath runs the ball down their throats...

I dunno. There were so many mistakes that are uncharacteristic of this team. I mean, one or two but the whole game? I hope this was just an outlier.

That's what I choose to believe. I hope I'm right.

ChiefsLV 11-11-2019 09:17 PM

Chris Jones for being out of position multiple times, including the long TD run

IowaHawkeyeChief 11-11-2019 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14590872)
Does the defense deserve the blame?

Well ... when you give up 35 points to the freaking Tacks ...

John Wick Voice: "Kinda. Yeah."

FAX

Defense gave up 28... just sayin'

IowaHawkeyeChief 11-11-2019 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsLV (Post 14590957)
Chris Jones for being out of position multiple times, including the long TD run

****, stop this already. I am not a Jones apologist, you can see other post on here from earlier in the year and last year where I have been very critical of him. However, on the long play he was playing DE on that play, he has to check the boot leg. That's his gap and job. Rags way over pursued his cut back gap and was almost hip to hip with Hitchens over the top. This is what happened. Don't assume if you don't know football.

lcarus 11-11-2019 09:20 PM

The only credit I'll give them is they were solid for 3 quarters and they made the stop that should've won the game. If our offense could get a first down or execute a field goal snap we win the game.

FAX 11-11-2019 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 14590964)
Defense gave up 28... just sayin'

29 ... they missed the EP on the scoop/score. But who's counting?

The larger point is this; there is no damn way a decent defense gives up 30ish to the freaking Tacks.

And the way the Tacks did it was derisory. They pissed in our Magic Crunch, dude.

FAX

FloridaMan88 11-11-2019 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14590807)
A favorable situation for the defense? Are you serious with that shit? The 40 ****ing yardline with well over a minute left?
Who on Earth couldn't see what was coming after KC boofed that field goal. That script has played out about a million times on NFL fields. We left them too short a field and way too much time on the clock. End of story.

ROFL forcing a Tennessee team with a terrible passing offense and RYAN TANNEHILL at QB to go 60 yards for a TD with no time outs and 1:20 is a favorable situation for any halfway competent defense.

Instead the Chiefs defense makes Tannehill look like Aaron Rodgers.

Marcellus 11-11-2019 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 (Post 14590532)
Not that one man is a savior, but I really believe if Pennel is active we win that game.

Only been here a short time, but arguably one of our best run defenders - and inactive against a great rushing offense.

It's almost like KC assumed they would boat race TEN and they would abandon the run...

Bingo.