ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ten Things About Last Night’s Game: Week 14 Kansas City 23, Cheatriots 16 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=327225)

gblowfish 12-09-2019 10:52 AM

I’m sitting at Logan now. Looks like the plane home is all Chiefs fans. We leave 1:45pm Boston time. We got here Thurs night, so I got to see a lot of stuff. Fenway Park, MFA art gallery, JFK Library,Cape Cod and took Mrs B to the Nutcracker Ballet complete with dancing rats. BTW I’m trying to type all this on my IPad, so please excuse misspelling and grammar I’m in less than ideal conditions here...

Rain Man 12-09-2019 10:53 AM

I'm not going to give Kelce any trouble about the weird backwards run and fumble. The guy so often makes something out of nothing and gets the first down that you have to absorb the 1 percent of the time it doesn't work out.

His bulling for the first down earlier really made me smile.

Deberg_1990 12-09-2019 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 14645653)
I’m sitting at Logan now. Looks like the plane home is all Chiefs fans. We leave 1:45pm Boston time. We got here Thurs night, so I got to see a lot of stuff. Fenway Park, MFA art gallery, JFK Library,Cape Cod and took Mrs B to the Nutcracker Ballet complete with dancing rats. BTW I’m trying to type all this on my IPad, so please excuse misspelling and grammar I’m in less than ideal conditions here...

Thanks for the write up!

How we’re the fans overall? Did you get hazed pretty bad or no?

gblowfish 12-09-2019 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 14645708)
Thanks for the write up!

How we’re the fans overall? Did you get hazed pretty bad or no?

LIKE ANY NFL stadium some nice, some rude obnoxious asswipes. Encountered both

gblowfish 12-09-2019 12:35 PM

Flight delayed 45 mins because of rain here in Boston. So glad we didn’t get today’s weather yesterday. Just saw Twisted Chief here in the airport. He’s on his way back to NYC.

gblowfish 12-09-2019 01:01 PM

Flight delay now 2 hours in Boston. Rain has backed up everything

Halfcan 12-09-2019 01:01 PM

Awesome write-up! Glad Pat's thugs didn't mug you up there.

I bet you loved hearing them boo their own team- Priceless!

Great win!

Spott 12-09-2019 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 14646105)
Flight delay now 2 hours in Boston. Rain has backed up everything

Just don’t check your luggage. It’ll end up in Alaska.

Buehler445 12-09-2019 01:18 PM

Glad you got to go George. That’s excellent.

I won’t lie. I was pretty upset with the officials (quite frankly more just sick of the Cheatriots shit). They did indeed get ****ing hosed on those 2 calls and maybe a no-call DPI. But we got drives shut down by hogshit penalties. It’s pretty hard to watch an important game when the officiating is that bad.

All I can say is I’m glad we won.

DanT 12-09-2019 01:19 PM

I worked 7 years at Truman Sports Complex, 1982-88. In my time there and in living in Chicago and now near Sacramento, CA, and seeing many different games in different places--including Oakland Raiders home games--and seeing how different sports fans react, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Boston-area fans would win any competition that would require fielding large squads of obnoxious, belligerent, and classless fans. Sure, every fanbase has nice people in it, but Boston's fanbase seems to include an extremely high number of lowlife, classless assholes who are looking to get into fights with strangers. By the way, New Yorkers are way, way, way, way, way the **** better than Bostonians when it comes to sports. New Yorkers tend to be classy and are self-assured about their place in the universe.
There's an interesting book about the part of Boston that many of those degenerate Boston fans come from, with a major theme being that poverty has really done a number on those poor bastards but they are in denial about it, https://www.amazon.com/All-Souls-Fam...5918840&sr=8-8
My mother emigrated from Ireland and got off the boat in Boston, but she lived in a different part of town. I grew up in a working-class neighborhood in Kansas City. I'm not unfamiliar with violence and what leads to it. Still, Boston fans are ****in' All Stars and first-ballot Hall of Famers when it comes to doing stupid, classless shit. I would guess that in the hundreds of sporting events I've been to, there has been only 10 times when fans did something that made me think, 'what the **** is wrong with that lowlife mother****er?', and I'm sure at least 5 of those have been with Boston fans--mostly Red Sox fans....keep in mind that the Red Sox aren't even in the Royals division, so it's not like I'm rubbing shoulders with them all that much.
By the way, the Patriots, because of their extended run of excellence these past two decades, have a gigantic number of bandwagon fans. Those folks tend to be OK. I'm not talking about them. I'm talking about the hardcore Boston shitheads, the ones that root for Boston teams the way that I root for KC teams, simply because we grew up in the same city as the team calls home and are too ****in' loyal/stupid to root for someone else.

UK_Chief 12-09-2019 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14645656)
I'm not going to give Kelce any trouble about the weird backwards run and fumble. The guy so often makes something out of nothing and gets the first down that you have to absorb the 1 percent of the time it doesn't work out.

His bulling for the first down earlier really made me smile.

I agree, he often gets a lot of yards after the catch by moving back towards the LOS and then spinning away fro defenders so you gotta take the rough with the smooth. Overall he had a good day.

BTW did anyone see the helmet to helmet tackle on him in the first half(?) his head got bounced pretty good. Seems like those tackles used to get called all the time but I can’t remember the last time one was called 🤔

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12-09-2019 02:11 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Great game by the chiefs and their “fans”......They both beat us. Well deserved I guess....</p>&mdash; Patrick Chung (@PatrickChung23) <a href="https://twitter.com/PatrickChung23/status/1203888570563485704?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 9, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

HayWire 12-09-2019 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UK_Chief (Post 14646272)
I agree, he often gets a lot of yards after the catch by moving back towards the LOS and then spinning away fro defenders so you gotta take the rough with the smooth. Overall he had a good day.

BTW did anyone see the helmet to helmet tackle on him in the first half(?) his head got bounced pretty good. Seems like those tackles used to get called all the time but I can’t remember the last time one was called 🤔

If you're talking about the one in the back it was just below his helmet. Big hit but clean

UK_Chief 12-09-2019 02:34 PM

Looked like the head to me but you’re probably right.

mnchiefsguy 12-09-2019 02:48 PM

Wow, glad you got to see is live George!

Thanks for the write-up, great as always.