ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Now that we aren't perennial losers... how do we act? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329262)

Lzen 02-13-2020 08:59 AM

Enjoy it while it lasts. I love posting Chiefs stuff and then my cousins (both Cowboys fans) make negative comments. I know they're just jealous and I am eating it up. :D

Discuss Thrower 02-13-2020 09:00 AM

Think about everything done or said by Patriots fans since roughly 2003.

Then do or say the exact opposite of that.

notorious 02-13-2020 09:07 AM

Worse.

ChiTown 02-13-2020 09:07 AM

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FluffyInco...orse-small.gif

BigRedChief 02-13-2020 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 14793681)

Yep, we all have kind of are like that these days. Especially us on this board here for over a decade. We suffered through so much fan anguish and disappointment together. Glad for all if us that we finally got to feel the happy part of being a fan, Celebrate with our friends and family.

Eleazar 02-13-2020 09:24 AM

We should expect to win. No more loser mentality. We've been there before so we should act like it.

We should also not care what the media or other fans say about us. Chiefs fans obsessed over that for decades needing the validation, but we don't need that now. We did our talking on the field this year and it should be that way from now on.

Getting bend out of shape over Skip Bayless or what people are saying in a comments section is loser franchise mentality. We are not a loser franchise. We are one one of the top franchises in the league. We the fans should raise our game too.

FlaChief58 02-13-2020 09:28 AM

I've been pretty low-key. I don't want to be referred to in the same light as donkey/pats fans.

If someone engages me about the Chiefs, I'll show some pride, but nothing over the top arrogant like those ****s

Deberg_1990 02-13-2020 09:35 AM

I know what you mean.

I can’t even bitch about Breeland Speaks anymore.

RealSNR 02-13-2020 09:45 AM

I live in Vikings country. All of my friends who are Vikes fans gave me an Eeyore-like "It's okay... you can talk about your team's SECOND Super Bowl... we don't mind..."

I never really talked shit about them before, and now I'm just going to walk on egg shells, basically. No, I'm not going to censor when I'm feeling joy over the Chiefs and their good fortune, but I won't ever do it in a condescending way around them.

BigRedChief 02-13-2020 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14793735)
I live in Vikings country. All of my friends who are Vikes fans gave me an Eeyore-like "It's okay... you can talk about your team's SECOND Super Bowl... we don't mind..."

I never really talked shit about them before, and now I'm just going to walk on egg shells, basically. No, I'm not going to censor when I'm feeling joy over the Chiefs and their good fortune, but I won't ever do it in a condescending way around them.

yeah, I'm in Bucs country. They have had some good times and won a Super Bowl. Never really talked smack since we are not rivals and in recent times, they sucked as much as we did.

ChiTown 02-13-2020 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14793740)
yeah, I'm in Bucs country. They have had some good times and won a Super Bowl. Never really talked smack since we are not rivals and in recent times, they sucked as much as we did.

Historically, TB has been a shit box organization. They had a GREAT run culminating in a SB (02)'99-02. Beyond that, they've been mediocre to awful in most seasons.

267-424-1
WOOF!

Chiefs
481-423-12

Iowanian 02-13-2020 10:25 AM

http://i.imgur.com/0IpoMLj.gif

Frazod 02-13-2020 10:33 AM

I'm wondering what to think about the upcoming wave of bandwagon fans. This really won't be an issue for locals, since they'll blend right in, but I expect I'll start seeing a lot of new instant Chiefs fan up here. On the one hand, it's nice to see other fans. But on the other hand, I realize that the mouthy millennial wearing a brand new Mahomes jersey with the tag still on it was probably wearing a Brady jersey this time last year.

So should the response be "Welcome to the Kingdom!" or "**** off, poser"?

FlaChief58 02-13-2020 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14793837)
I'm wondering what to think about the upcoming wave of bandwagon fans. This really won't be an issue for locals, since they'll blend right in, but I expect I'll start seeing a lot of new instant Chiefs fan up here. On the one hand, it's nice to see other fans. But on the other hand, I realize that the mouthy millennial wearing a brand new Mahomes jersey with the tag still on it was probably wearing a Brady jersey this time last year.

So should the response be "Welcome to the Kingdom!" or "**** off, poser"?

Yeah, those of us out of market will be dealing with people thinking that we just hopped on the wagon this year unless they know you. I'm already getting the "are you from KC? Why do you like them? When did you become a fan?" questions. I just answer their questions and show them my Chiefs tats. That usually removes any doubt

OrtonsPiercedTaint 02-13-2020 11:27 AM

The Super Bowl winning team looses to the worst team they play. Outside their division the following year. Super Bowl fan up & take it like a champ!