ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Public Service Announcement: Check your FICO credit score for FREE! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=332094)

Third Eye 06-27-2020 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 15041014)
Meh, I get it now. I'm not into smoking so that's not something I expect in a thread about credit scores.

Haha, no sweat. Just flipping you some shit.

lewdog 06-27-2020 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 15041014)
Meh, I get it now. I'm not into smoking so that's not something I expect in a thread about credit scores.

Jesus man.

Go post in the 60+ year olds thread O City started.

hometeam 06-27-2020 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 15040521)
I can check my FICO score for FREE via my Wells Fargo account anytime I want and my credit score for free via Credit Karma.

No sense to pay anymore. Many banks and brokerages have deals to access for free.

Credit Karma has not a ****in CLUE what your credit score is. Its the single biggest eye roll in my business. So much that when a customer tells us a credit score we have to ask where they saw it, if it was Credit Karma, it literally has ZERO meaning, its so often so badly wrong. I see it EVERY DAY they can be off by 150 points or more, and its almost always higher than it actually is.

Your credit cards DO know your score, and the scores are provided by the credit companies.

BWillie 06-28-2020 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 15040953)
Mine is at 420 LMAO

Holy shit what the **** do you have to do for that to happen? Did you ever get a car repo'd or a house foreclosed upon or something?

KurtCobain 06-28-2020 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15040896)
obligatory “**** that” idea

Good call. I was very close to posting a picture.

DaFace 06-28-2020 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 15041099)
Credit Karma has not a ****in CLUE what your credit score is. Its the single biggest eye roll in my business. So much that when a customer tells us a credit score we have to ask where they saw it, if it was Credit Karma, it literally has ZERO meaning, its so often so badly wrong. I see it EVERY DAY they can be off by 150 points or more, and its almost always higher than it actually is.

Your credit cards DO know your score, and the scores are provided by the credit companies.

Odd. I'm kind of obsessive about monitoring mine, and CK has never been off by more than 10 or so from what my credit cards say.

I find CK to be useful for monitoring changes to your general score (since they all use the same data) though I know that they all have slightly different approaches in their calculations. I find that most credit cards just give you the score without a lot of ability to understand what's driving it.

CK does provide Experian's score alongside the Vantagescore FWIW.