ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Elderly Desean Jackson released by Eagles (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=337166)

Hammock Parties 11-02-2021 03:17 PM

He'll be signed by Wednesday night.

wazu 11-02-2021 03:17 PM

BRING. HIM. IIIIINNNNN!!!!!!

displacedinMN 11-02-2021 03:24 PM

saw a fake Schefter account that said we signed him. Not worth the post

Wisconsin_Chief 11-02-2021 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15929859)
We don't need more motivation for Reid to send 4 guys deep instead of running a simple slant.

Sound logic, but at this point we just need weapons that Andy will actually feel comfortable working into the game plan. He's not going to change who he is, so we'll have to take what we can get.

DJ's left nut 11-02-2021 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15929859)
We don't need more motivation for Reid to send 4 guys deep instead of running a simple slant.

Jackson is the player people have been hoping and wishing on Mecole Hardman to become since we drafted him.

Jackson, apart from his deep speed, can actually get open. He still has some quicks. That 'simple slant' is a hell of a lot easier for Jackson to get an inside release on than it is for Robinson because DBs have to respect his deep speed and in so doing, leave themselves open to a quick cut.

Would I care if they signed him? No, not really. Probably not a lot left in the tank. But would I be a little intrigued by the possibility? Sure - why wouldn't you be? If he can actually use his speed to create separation underneath, then all the "this is the year Hardman finally becomes a viable X receiver" stuff may actually prove half true in that we'd at least have the guy people were hoping Hardman would develop into.

Jewish Rabbi 11-02-2021 03:38 PM

69 POSTS AND WE GRT HIM LFG BURT!!!!

carcosa 11-02-2021 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 15929909)
69 POSTS AND WE GRT HIM LFG BURT!!!!

BLART RANCH 4 THA WIN!!!!!!

bobhill 11-02-2021 03:52 PM

Get rid of Robinson

rabblerouser 11-02-2021 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15929893)
Jackson is the player people have been hoping and wishing on Mecole Hardman to become since we drafted him.

Jackson, apart from his deep speed, can actually get open. He still has some quicks. That 'simple slant' is a hell of a lot easier for Jackson to get an inside release on than it is for Robinson because DBs have to respect his deep speed and in so doing, leave themselves open to a quick cut.

Would I care if they signed him? No, not really. Probably not a lot left in the tank. But would I be a little intrigued by the possibility? Sure - why wouldn't you be? If he can actually use his speed to create separation underneath, then all the "this is the year Hardman finally becomes a viable X receiver" stuff may actually prove half true in that we'd at least have the guy people were hoping Hardman would develop into.

Why have not we pieced this sign of shit, Blurt Beach?

JakeF 11-02-2021 04:09 PM

i hope we didn't just create cap room to pay Jackson.

rabblerouser 11-02-2021 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 15929969)
i hope we didn't just create cap room to pay Jackson.

I don't give a shit, it's not my money.

chiefzilla1501 11-02-2021 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15929893)

He's definitely better than what we have. Take what I can get. But if we had the choice id prefer a taller, bigger target who can run routes and get separation.

Easy 6 11-02-2021 04:15 PM

Cooks, Jackson, Flipper Anderson, I would welcome any of them right about now... because I'm quickly losing patience with the Flush Gordon experiment

No one expected him to immediately set the world on fire, but one catch in four games ain't getting it

JakeF 11-02-2021 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15929972)
I don't give a shit, it's not my money.

I don't care about the money, i worry about cap space. I want us to have the cap room to acquire the guys we need. That's all.

JakeF 11-02-2021 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15929978)
Cooks, Jackson, Flipper Anderson, I would welcome any of them right about now... because I'm quickly losing patience with the Flush Gordon experiment

No one expected him to immediately set the world on fire, but one catch in four games ain't getting it

Time is over, we aren't getting them.

I wish the NFL would move the trade deadline back, so teams had more team to do things that will affect the playoffs.