ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Harrison Butker is the second-most accurate field goal kicker in NFL history. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=339425)

Chieftain 08-15-2021 03:37 PM

I would rather have Butker than 99% of the kickers in this league. He has yet to cost us a game. The guy is a baller when it comes to nailing long kicks.

L.A. Chieffan 08-15-2021 04:02 PM

Misses one little xp in a preseason game, and everybody loses their minds

-King- 08-15-2021 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chieftain (Post 15785054)
I would rather have Butker than 99% of the kickers in this league. He has yet to cost us a game. The guy is a baller when it comes to nailing long kicks.

Since when do we wait until someone costs us the game to address a problem? Not saying cut Butker, but this is a clear problem. He's the worst XP kicker in the league and I don't even think it's close. Just because we have Mahomes and games don't usually come down to a extra point because of how good he is doesn't mean Butker being a terrible XP kicker isn't a big problem.

comochiefsfan 08-15-2021 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15784787)
But curiously we can’t point to a single game where a Butker missed XP cost the Chiefs a significant game.

"I've never been pulled over for driving home drunk. So I see no reason why it will ever happen."

Megatron96 08-15-2021 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 15785082)
"I've never been pulled over for driving home drunk. So I see no reason why it will ever happen."

uh, wat?

Is there a point you're trying to make here, or are you just drunk/high/dumb?

Chieftain 08-15-2021 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15785081)
Since when do we wait until someone costs us the game to address a problem? Not saying cut Butker, but this is a clear problem. He's the worst XP kicker in the league and I don't even think it's close. Just because we have Mahomes and games don't usually come down to a extra point because of how good he is doesn't mean Butker being a terrible XP kicker isn't a big problem.

I don't know what to say. It's a mental thing for him kicking the extra point field goals. Maybe we should go for two every single time?

alanm 08-15-2021 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 15785074)
Misses one little xp in a preseason game, and everybody loses their minds

I'd rather he get it all out of his system in preseason.

Megatron96 08-15-2021 04:46 PM

Quote:

Actually, he was the NFL'S 27th ranked XP kicker in 2020.

However, in his 4 years as the Chiefs PK, he's missed just 13 XPs out of possible 199.

That translates to a 93.5% conversion rate, with three seasons over 93%, and just one below.

Even if you project Butker missing 4 XPs this season (or one more than his career average per season), he still is a top-10 XP kicker.

Dumbasses.

Deberg_1990 08-15-2021 04:54 PM

I guess I Would rather have a kicker who can consistently boot 40-50 Yarders but miss an XP once in awhile rather than the opposite. With Mahomes and this offense the XPs have been devalued.

It is weird that he struggles with 33 yard kicks though?? Is everything the same on an XP as for a FG? The snap, the players, the hold, the formation???

notorious 08-15-2021 04:55 PM

He's an oddity, that's for sure.

It's like a player balling out at deep 3s but ****s up routine free throws.

Megatron96 08-15-2021 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15785124)
I guess I Would rather have a kicker who can consistently boot 40-50 Yarders but miss an XP once in awhile rather than the opposite. With Mahomes and this offense the XPs have been devalued.

It is weird that he struggles with 33 yard kicks though?? Is everything the same on an XP as for a FG? The snap, the players, the hold, the formation???

In his career, Butker is 41-out-of-43 from 30-39 yds, and 186-out-of-199 kicking XPs.

let me spell this out for you guys: from 39 yards or less, Butker has missed just 15 times out of a possible 240 attempts (FGs/XPs combined). That's 93.8% for his career.

you people really need to find a hobby other than pissing and moaning about every Butker miss. Maybe try rhythmic dancing or something equally as mindless.

Deberg_1990 08-15-2021 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15785133)
In his career, Butker is 41-out-of-43 from 30-39 yds, and 186-out-of-199 kicking XPs.

let me spell this out for you guys: from 39 yards or less, Butker has missed just 15 times out of a possible 240 attempts (FGs/XPs combined). That's 93.8% for his career.

you people really need to find a hobby other than pissing and moaning about every Butker miss. Maybe try rhythmic dancing or something equally as mindless.

I guess I would ask how that compares to all other kickers around the league? Is that the average since the XP was moved back 3-4 years ago??

Megatron96 08-15-2021 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15785134)
I guess I would ask how that compares to all other kickers around the league? Is that the average since the XP was moved back 3-4 years ago??

Do us all a favor and look it up, do a tiny bit of math and figure out the average, and report back, hmm?

otherwise, I'm going to go waaaaaaaaaaay out on a limb here and say that a 94% conversion rate (47/50) is about as good as it gets in the NFL.

TomBarndtsTwin 08-15-2021 05:11 PM

Quote:

It’s literally NOT a big problem, but you and some of the other dumbasses on here are trying to make it into one.

The statistics would show that even though he struggled last season he is NOT the worst XP kicker in the league and if we consider the last few years, he’s not even close. So you’re hyperbolic statements are just that.

As has been said, we haven’t lost a single game because of it.

But I’m sure some other dumbass on here will make another post equating missing XP’s to drinking and driving . . . . . . . . . oh, wait.

-King- 08-15-2021 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15785118)
Actually, he was the NFL'S 27th ranked XP kicker in 2020.

However, in his 4 years as the Chiefs PK, he's missed just 13 XPs out of possible 199.

That translates to a 93.5% conversion rate, with three seasons over 93%, and just one below.

Even if you project Butker missing 4 XPs this season (or one more than his career average per season), he still is a top-10 XP kicker.

Dumbasses.

Oh whew, he's 27th. Much better.

And how exactly is he a top 10 XP kicker and also 27th?

If he keeps missing XPs how he did last year, I don't see any reason we shouldn't go for 2 a majority of the time. I trust Mahomes and Reid getting 2 yards more than I trust Butker to make an XP.