ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs FO and Coaching Staff Have Derailed This Season (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=340263)

chiefzilla1501 10-13-2021 11:37 AM

Jesus, non existent margin of error? What a bunch of chicken little shit.

We need more accountability from the front office and coaches. But the sky isn't falling.

We have an elite head coach and qb who have to figure some things out in terms of cover 2. Extremely confident they will.

A ton of our defensive problems are mental. Spags needs to figure it out. If he can't, find someone who can. And as veach has done many years before, find the gaps and band aid them. If our offense turns around, our defense only needs to be good enough.

Our overreaction to this thing is embarrassing. I get if we're disappointed but this "woe is me" we are doomed forever shit is so over the top. We have plenty of margin of error. We are just in a Murphys law stage right now where everything that can go wrong, has.

FloridaMan88 10-13-2021 11:50 AM

Things are going so well for Breeland in Minnesota... it's too bad the Chiefs didn't keep him. LMAO

Link: https://thevikingage.com/2021/10/11/...a-vikings-cut/

Quote:

Heading into the 2021 season, the Vikings were expecting that the addition of Breeland would help improve a secondary that was one of the NFL’s worst in 2020.

Unfortunately, the veteran cornerback has seen his performance take a turn in the wrong direction in his first five games with Minnesota. Breeland’s play out on the field this season has been very unimpressive, to say the least.

Who knows at this point, but so far, the Bashaud Breeland experiment in Minnesota is certainly going terribly through the first five weeks of the season.

suzzer99 10-13-2021 11:56 AM

Here's the thing about using the CEH pick for a stud defender. These are the non-safety (we had to be set with Thornhill and Mathieu at the time) defenders chosen between CEH and Willie Gay Jr.:

DE - Yetur Akkub Gross-Matos: 14 solo tackles and 3 sacks in his career so far. PFF grade 55-58.

DT - Ross Blacklock: stats are hard to measure on DTs, but his PFF grade for 2020 was 30.2. Looks like he's doing better so far in 2021.

DE - Marlon Davidson: 7 tackles, 1 sack in career. PFF grade around 60.

DE - Darrell Taylor: zero production in 2020, but is kicking ass in 2021 - 4 sacks, PFF grade 71.5

CB - Jaylon Johnson: PFF grade of 55 last year, looking better this year at 74.

CB - Trevon Diggs: there's your diamond, 9 INTs in career so far, but lol PFF only has him at 62/67.

DT - Raekwon Davis: PFF 71 last year but 28 so far this year

OLB - Josh Uche: PFF 78/61

For comparison, Derek Nnadi had a grade of 75 last year, Ward had 65.

They probably didn't have an idea about Jones moving to DE yet. So they would probably have felt set at DT. Also if they liked Gay Jr. they might not go for LB. So it seems like DE and CB would be most likely.

Taylor was injured so that's a one year wait. The other two DEs have been kinda meh but would still be an upgrade to what we have now.

Trevon Diggs definitely looks like the guy we should have gone for.

arrwheader 10-13-2021 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15892022)
I think it's effort related, too. Like, guys just are flopping around out there, not much passion, just...I don't know. That attitude the defense had in 2019 is gone.

It's just gone.

and I have a hard time wrapping my mind around this because why would that happen? You have a team capable of going far again and your job is to play football so why would you not continue to give your best effort? Makes no sense to me because unless these guys all secretly want to just lose or retire this year then it doesn't make sense they would just lose the passion.

If it was i hate the team im on lol then you still play your best to catch on with another team.

idk that narrative just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

HC_Chief 10-13-2021 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 15892157)
CB - Trevon Diggs: there's your diamond, 9 INTs in career so far, but lol PFF only has him at 62/67.

Yeah, that kid is special. Watching him play you can tell he is a natural talent at his position. Dude has been absolutely dominant.

Straight, No Chaser 10-13-2021 01:03 PM

Still waiting for the "reunion" of Jarran Reed & Frank Clark.

tredadda 10-13-2021 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 15891993)
I think Reed would be much better with CJ back inside next to him.

He absolutely would. The CJ at DE experiment needs to come to an end.

jettio 10-13-2021 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Straight, No Chaser (Post 15892288)
Still waiting for the "reunion" of Jarran Reed & Frank Clark.

I have to watch closer, but seems like Reed holds his ground okay, but does not make much effort to tackle the ballcarrier if nearby.

rabblerouser 10-13-2021 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrwheader (Post 15892162)
and I have a hard time wrapping my mind around this because why would that happen? You have a team capable of going far again and your job is to play football so why would you not continue to give your best effort? Makes no sense to me because unless these guys all secretly want to just lose or retire this year then it doesn't make sense they would just lose the passion.

If it was i hate the team im on lol then you still play your best to catch on with another team.

idk that narrative just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Then what?

kccrow 10-13-2021 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 15892157)
Here's the thing about using the CEH pick for a stud defender. These are the non-safety (we had to be set with Thornhill and Mathieu at the time) defenders chosen between CEH and Willie Gay Jr.:

DE - Yetur Akkub Gross-Matos: 14 solo tackles and 3 sacks in his career so far. PFF grade 55-58.

DT - Ross Blacklock: stats are hard to measure on DTs, but his PFF grade for 2020 was 30.2. Looks like he's doing better so far in 2021.

DE - Marlon Davidson: 7 tackles, 1 sack in career. PFF grade around 60.

DE - Darrell Taylor: zero production in 2020, but is kicking ass in 2021 - 4 sacks, PFF grade 71.5

CB - Jaylon Johnson: PFF grade of 55 last year, looking better this year at 74.

DT - Raekwon Davis: PFF 71 last year but 28 so far this year

OLB - Josh Uche: PFF 78/61

For comparison, Derek Nnadi had a grade of 75 last year, Ward had 65.

They probably didn't have an idea about Jones moving to DE yet. So they would probably have felt set at DT. Also if they liked Gay Jr. they might not go for LB. So it seems like DE and CB would be most likely.

Taylor was injured so that's a one year wait. The other two DEs have been kinda meh but would still be an upgrade to what we have now.

Good notes for sure. Missing McKinney, Dugger, Winfield, and Delpit at S, most of which are looking like solid picks but we can agree the Chiefs didn't appear to have a major need at S and especially not in round 1.

The player they probably should have grabbed there was a WR. Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman Jr, Chase Claypool, take your pick. The writing was on the wall with Sammy and any of those was the absolute perfect fit as an X replacement. Higgins was particularly dubbed a 1st round prospect and would look pretty good here.

kcclone 10-13-2021 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 15891817)
Sadly accurate article.

Brett Veach is running this franchise into the ground right in front of our eyes.

Veach is just a front man for Reid.

When they say Veach loved Mahomes early on, I’d bet the real story is Reid loved him and made it known and Veach jumped on it.

They pushed that narrative to give Veach some credibility.

Veach’s first 3 drafts were train wrecks, but I do like last year’s draft.

Chiefspants 10-13-2021 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15891818)
Bolton probably is a Hitchens clone. Maybe with a little more downhill aggression.

The issue I have is that it's not really the insult the guy thinks it is. Hitchens is a starting NFL linebacker. He may be past his sell by date at this point, but Hitchens has had a 7 year NFL career as a starting interior backer and has been typically solid (with a pretty rough year there in the mix when he first got to KC).

Bolton would be fortunate to have the kind of career Hitchens has had. And the Chiefs, if they can get Hitchens production on a minimum contract for 3 seasons after this one, will have used a 2nd rounder extremely well.

Hitchens was key in our defenses turnaround in the back half of 2019. Not an argument to hold onto him now, but an argument in favor of the utility in having someone like Bolton back there.

MahomesMagic 10-13-2021 05:31 PM

Our biggest cap hits are Jones, Matthieu and Clark.

Jones has been moved out of position where he no longer dominates and was injured for Buffalo when we needed him to pressure Allen.

Clark has been out and injured and a shell of the player we thought we signed.

Matthieu has looked pedestrian since being on the Covid list and is inexplicably also not being used as a weapon all over the field and near the line of scrimmage. Against Buffalo last year he was constantly at the line either blitzing or dropping into coverage or doubling someone. This year he is kept out of this role by Spags.

Spags and his Sorenson obsession at safety cost us against Buffalo. Allen has looked bad in 2.5 games against us. The one half he explodes two out of 3 big plays were Sorenson. The other was showing man and bringing no pressure.

TEX 10-13-2021 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15892642)
Our biggest cap hits are Jones, Matthieu and Clark.

Jones has been moved out of position where he no longer dominates and was injured for Buffalo when we needed him to pressure Allen.

Clark has been out and injured and a shell of the player we thought we signed.

Matthieu has looked pedestrian since being on the Covid list and is inexplicably also not being used as a weapon all over the field and near the line of scrimmage. Against Buffalo last year he was constantly at the line either blitzing or dropping into coverage or doubling someone. This year he is kept out of this role by Spags.

Spags and his Sorenson obsession at safety cost us against Buffalo. Allen has looked bad in 2.5 games against us. The one half he explodes two out of 3 big plays were Sorenson. The other was showing man and bringing no pressure.

The bringing no pressure part was the worst of it. Do that and many things improve.

arrwheader 10-13-2021 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15892581)
Then what?

Idk, probably has some to do with it. Maybe being so shitty itself has got them blaming others and not focused on being better. That reflects coaching though.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk