ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Sporting KC [Official]: The World Cup is coming to KC in 2026 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=344172)

ChiefBlueCFC 06-16-2022 07:43 AM

Man, I'm gonna be refreshing the fifa website for tickets every day, just like Cartman waiting for the Nintendo Wii

ChiefBlueCFC 06-16-2022 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 16335809)
IS THIS GOING TO INTERRUPT THE CHIEFS WINNING OR THE ROYALS LOSING?

tournaaayyyyy in June baybayyyyyyy

BWillie 06-16-2022 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ocotillo (Post 16335704)
At least Kansas City will finally get to see world class soccer.

Not this pussy shit. **** the Cauldron.

Personally I dont understand how Leroy from Tonganoxie can be a Manchester United fan. Makes no sense to me. Certainly understand how he could get into Sporting KC though.

Eleazar 06-16-2022 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 16336222)
Personally I dont understand how Leroy from Tonganoxie can be a Manchester United fan. Makes no sense to me. Certainly understand how he could get into Sporting KC though.

if you have basic cable and a $5 Peacock subscription (which is free if you have comcast), you can see every Premier League game live

and if you watch the two leagues there is no comparison between them. It is like division 2 football vs the SEC or the Big Ten

Titty Meat 06-16-2022 12:09 PM

Mahomes will be apart of a video making the announcement

ChiefBlueCFC 06-16-2022 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16336244)

https://c.tenor.com/0TFUOyw-Qa0AAAAM...ot-a-boner.gif

RollChiefsRoll 06-16-2022 12:34 PM

Maybe we’ll get lucky and have a USA vs. England matchup at Arrowhead.

KChiefs1 06-16-2022 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll (Post 16336281)
Maybe we’ll get lucky and have a USA vs. England matchup at Arrowhead.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/4LRkCWLi2MKOc/giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Third Eye 06-16-2022 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16336244)

Shame. You’d think they’d want him to a part of it instead.

Vladimir_Kyrilytch 06-16-2022 12:48 PM

Hosting a world cup is like hosting an Olympics. The municipality that gets conned into doing it ends up in economic disaster. It turns out not to make a lot of economic sense to build a bunch of stadiums to be used one time and then left for nature to reclaim.

There are some fascinating articles about the old soccer stadiums they made in Brazil for their world cup, and the condition they are in now. They're halfway decomposed, like scenes from "The Last of Us", a video game set in post-apocalyptic times.

cmh6476 06-16-2022 12:51 PM

will they play games at that girls stadium?

bdj23 06-16-2022 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch (Post 16336296)
Hosting a world cup is like hosting an Olympics. The municipality that gets conned into doing it ends up in economic disaster. It turns out not to make a lot of economic sense to build a bunch of stadiums to be used one time and then left for nature to reclaim.

There are some fascinating articles about the old soccer stadiums they made in Brazil for their world cup, and the condition they are in now. They're halfway decomposed, like scenes from "The Last of Us", a video game set in post-apocalyptic times.

Good thing we already have an 80k seat stadium and a bunch of hotels in the area

Titty Meat 06-16-2022 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch (Post 16336296)

The infrastructure is already in place in all of these cities

Vladimir_Kyrilytch 06-16-2022 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16336306)
The infrastructure is already in place in all of these cities

Well since you're pluralizing cities I can assume this isn't a KC-specific bid, but a larger bid by US of A at large or some such, and KC would just be hosting some specific games. That would be cool.

I thought KC itself was gonna try to do what LA did in 1984 with the Olympics and just do it all on their own. They say that that Olympics was the last time a city pulled it off without going into ruin, and it was because LA was already built up enough to handle it in the first place.

Don't mind me.

sedated 06-16-2022 01:07 PM

I believe all World Cups are hosted by a country rather than a city.

This one will actually be split between USA, Canada, and Mexico.