ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bishop and Leach (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273880)

mcaj22 06-21-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9767163)
:shake:

id rather the rookie(s) play

DaneMcCloud 06-21-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9767166)
id rather the rookie(s) play

Will you ever shut about Sherman? He hasn't even earned a single penny yet, nor has he even made the team, but you continue to bitch about him as if he beat YOU out for a position on the team.

Personally, I'd rather see the BEST PLAYER play, regardless of whether it's a rookie or a vet.

Dante84 06-21-2013 12:23 PM

I'm a Wildcat homer, but Willson was a beast for us.

I'm excited to see what he can do at the next level.

Mav 06-21-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9767161)
theres also no reason to waste 500k on Anthony Sherman who is god damn terrible

but you know

I wouldn't take too much of what you know from seeing a guy play for the Cardinals. A fb especially. When your oline is as terrible as that one is, how in the hell or what kind of difference would a fullback really make. He can only block so many guys.

mcaj22 06-21-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9767208)
I wouldn't take too much of what you know from seeing a guy play for the Cardinals. A fb especially. When your oline is as terrible as that one is, how in the hell or what kind of difference would a fullback really make. He can only block so many guys.

That's valid, though I still think he stinks

DaneMcCloud 06-21-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9767210)

How many Cardinals games did you watch last year in their entirety?

ShowtimeSBMVP 06-21-2013 01:53 PM

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 10m

What's the latest on former #Packers LB Desmond Bishop? Still deciding between #Vikings, #Chiefs, and #Giants. Stay tuned...

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m

They were not mentioned to me. Sounds like just those 3 for Bishop RT @TIP_Parker: @RapSheet jaguars still in mix?

The Bad Guy 06-21-2013 02:11 PM

John Clayton just said there are 2 other teams in on Leach besides Houston and Miami. Don't know if KC is one of them.

Dante84 06-21-2013 02:15 PM

*boners crossed*

penbrook 06-21-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9767417)
John Clayton just said there are 2 other teams in on Leach besides Houston and Miami. Don't know if KC is one of them.

He's gonna go to Houston. That's been his first choice.

penbrook 06-21-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9767369)
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 10m

What's the latest on former #Packers LB Desmond Bishop? Still deciding between #Vikings, #Chiefs, and #Giants. Stay tuned...

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m

They were not mentioned to me. Sounds like just those 3 for Bishop RT @TIP_Parker: @RapSheet jaguars still in mix?

He seems really interested in the Giants.

The Bad Guy 06-21-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9767440)
He seems really interested in the Giants.

Or he's interested in getting a 2nd year and developing some type of bidding for his services.

ct 06-21-2013 02:26 PM

I'd give him a 2nd year, with low base, no off season bonus, and no gauranteed $. Only thing I'd offer if he needed it to close the deal is an escalator clause if he starts say 14 games, then he has proven his health and can resign, be traded, or released and do this again next offseason in a much better position to get his payday. If this would make him happy and close the deal, i'd do it.

ShowtimeSBMVP 06-21-2013 02:39 PM

Desmond Bishop ‏@Desbishop55 11m

Decisions decisions!!! Stuff spot, but great position to be in because I have options. Truly a blessing.

Titty Meat 06-21-2013 02:52 PM

Bishop is going to new york

penbrook 06-21-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9767510)
Bishop is going to new york

I have that feeling too. He likes the opportunity there.

ct 06-21-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9767515)
I have that feeling too. He likes the opportunity there.

I would to if I were him, definitely. I think he's holding out hope GB wants him back.

Mother****erJones 06-21-2013 03:52 PM

Vonta Leach - RB - Free Agent
ESPN's John Clayton reports free agent FB Vonta Leach is expected to sign with a team "early next week."
Interestingly, Clayton says Leach is drawing pursuit from two teams "other than" the Texans and Dolphins, the latter of whom are known suitors. We still expect Leach to choose between Houston and Miami. The Fins are the probable front-runners due to Leach's ties to Mike Sherman and Joe Philbin, and Miami's ample salary cap space. The Texans are much tighter up against the cap.

Rotoworld.com

penbrook 06-21-2013 05:33 PM

Ian Rapaport said on NFL Total Access that the Vikings may have the upper hand on signing Bishop because of cap space but said Chiefs and Vikings are pushing really hard to sign him. Basically it's between us and the Vikings.

O.city 06-21-2013 07:56 PM

No time to go read, what's the word?

LoneWolf 06-21-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9768029)
No time to go read, what's the word?

Everybody knows that the bird is the word. Sheesh.

milkman 06-22-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9763933)
Leach is 32 years old and was cut by the Super Bowl winning Ravens. Ozzie's not prone to mistakes in personal decisions.

I know that people love fullbacks around here, but I don't think the dropoff between Leach and whomever else would win the starting fullback job would be as great as Bishop (29 years old) that position's starter (Jordan or Johnson).

I don't give a rip about positions, except how they fit into a system.

If we hired josh McDumbass to coach this team, then Leach would not interest me.

But Reid's offense utiilizes the fullback as a weapon in the passing game, and his offense is most effective when he has a quality player at that position.

Top tier fullbacks play well into their 30s.

Tony Richardson and Lorenzo Neal were still playing at All Pro levels when they were 35-36 years old.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9767429)
*boners crossed*

You're a sword crosser?

Mother****erJones 06-22-2013 07:49 AM

Would love to get leach and bishop. If I had my choice it's bishop. More of a need but man it's nice to have a FB that can pave the way on 3rd and short or on the goaline which we've sucked at.

Micjones 06-22-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9767718)
Ian Rapaport said on NFL Total Access that the Vikings may have the upper hand on signing Bishop because of cap space but said Chiefs and Vikings are pushing really hard to sign him. Basically it's between us and the Vikings.

I have to think he'd rather stay in the NFC North to play against his former team. The Chiefs are going to have to overpay to get him.
Not looking good. Guess we'll just have to run with Johnson and Jordan.

mcaj22 06-22-2013 09:19 AM

i dont know who there is to even cut to make room

it's a couple guys making a lot of money then a bunch of depth players on cheap deals. there's really no middle of the road guys except for the front loaded FAs they signed this year.

god damn Albert/Jackson take up like 19 million in cap between the two, if only one could have been worked down

Mr. Arrowhead 06-22-2013 09:42 AM

Jackson did take a paycut

Rausch 06-22-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 9768520)

He should be gone after this year...

mcaj22 06-22-2013 09:43 AM

he's still making a **** load of money for 2 years lol

Rausch 06-22-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9768445)

If we hired josh McDumbass to coach this team, then Leach would not interest me.

But Reid's offense utiilizes the fullback as a weapon in the passing game, and his offense is most effective when he has a quality player at that position.

Tony Richardson and Lorenzo Neal were still playing at All Pro levels when they were 35-36 years old.

On that I agree.

But given a a pro-bowl-quality ILB or a probowl FB I'll go ILB every time...

Dante84 06-22-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 9768520)

He should take a job cut

Mav 06-22-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9767210)

And you could be right. I didn't even know who the hell the guy was. lol. I was just trying to play devils advocate.

Mav 06-22-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9768508)

it's a couple guys making a lot of money then a bunch of depth players on cheap deals. there's really no middle of the road guys except for the front loaded FAs they signed this year.

god damn Albert/Jackson take up like 19 million in cap between the two, if only one could have been worked down

If you can get Bishop, you cut whoever you need to, to get the guy. If he is healthy, him along side DJ? This guy single handedly made Aj Hawk look serviceable.

The Bad Guy 06-22-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9768508)

It would have to be a restructure or extension situation. Berry or Albert being the most likely extension and Hali being the most likely restructure.

Rausch 06-22-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9768591)
It would have to be a restructure or extension situation. Berry or Albert being the most likely extension and Hali being the most likely restructure.

Something tells me Albert isn't getting extended...

Mav 06-22-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9768594)
Something tells me Albert isn't getting extended...

That to me, is going to be on how they value Donald Stephenson, and they probably wanted a year to see if he was the long term solution at right tackle, before deciding whether or not to extend Albert. You have to imagine at this point, they are thinking its a win win. Either Stephenson can handle the right tackle, and they can let Albert walk next season, or they decide he cant, and resign him, and keep Eric Fisher at right tackle. Smart on the Chiefs part.

FlaChief58 06-22-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9767429)
*boners crossed*

Pics or GTFO

DaneMcCloud 06-22-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9768445)

All things being equal, I'd rather have Bishop than Leach if it came down to one or the other.

Rausch 06-22-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9768608)
That to me, is going to be on how they value Donald Stephenson, and they probably wanted a year to see if he was the long term solution at right tackle, before deciding whether or not to extend Albert. You have to imagine at this point, they are thinking its a win win. Either Stephenson can handle the right tackle, and they can let Albert walk next season, or they decide he cant, and resign him, and keep Eric Fisher at right tackle. Smart on the Chiefs part.

I don't think he can and hasn't shown anything to make anyone think he can...

Rausch 06-22-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9768652)
All things being equal, I'd rather have Bishop than Leach if it came down to one or the other.

This...

milkman 06-22-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9768652)

The defense is going to sink or swim on the performance of the D-Line, and how Sean Smith fits at corner (since I don't believe that Dunta Robinson can recapture his Texan days).

While having one of the best LB corps in the league if we added Bishop, when compared to how valuable a weapon as receiver in Reid's offense, especially with a limited QB like Smith, Leach would be, I just can't value Bishop over Leach.

mcaj22 06-22-2013 12:04 PM

I mean both positions (FB and ILB2) arent any sort of threat or gameplan material for opposing teams right now so I see both sides of the coin

Offenses would have to identify Bishop on the field as opposed to journeyman Akeem Jordan or rookie Nico Johnson and Defenses would have to account for Leach being essentially a guaranteed blocker eliminating a LBer from the play almost every time and in the pass catching game in early sets. I can't say the same for Anthony Sherman, and unknowns about the rookie Wilson.

I'd take either one and be very happy.

best case fantasy scenario - both
happy scenario ( meat loaf ) - 1 outta 2 aint bad
worst - miss out on both 0 for 2

Rausch 06-22-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9768676)
The defense is going to sink or swim on the performance of the D-Line, and how Sean Smith fits at corner (since I don't believe that Dunta Robinson can recapture his Texan days).

While having one of the best LB corps in the league if we added Bishop, when compared to how valuable a weapon as receiver in Reid's offense, especially with a limited QB like Smith, Leach would be, I just can't value Bishop over Leach.

Having a QB like Smith we better have all the help on defense we can afford...

BossChief 06-22-2013 12:19 PM

This offense needs as many quality players added to it as possible because outside of Bowe and Charles, everything else is a huge question mark.

Leach is a guy that can help this offense in a whole lot of ways...quality dump offs, picking up blitzes, plowing holes for Charles and bringing a veteran presence to the huddle and lockerroom.

Truth be told, we NEED both players but if I had to chose one I'd get Leach.

Coogs 06-22-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9768701)
This offense needs as many quality players added to it as possible because outside of Bowe and Charles, everything else is a huge question mark.

Leach is a guy that can help this offense in a whole lot of ways...quality dump offs, picking up blitzes, plowing holes for Charles and bringing a veteran presence to the huddle and lockerroom.

Truth be told, we NEED both players but if I had to chose one I'd get Leach.

We may not get either, but the best news for me is that these two players are the hottest two players on the market right now, and we are in the hunt for Bishop, and rumored to be in the hunt for Leach.

Times are a changing. :toast:

Mother****erJones 06-22-2013 12:30 PM

I will say I thought Albert was traded in April so it wouldn't shock me if he was extended.

Mav 06-22-2013 04:17 PM

Ironic to me, that you guys would want the guy more who is Injury plagued the past two years, over the guy who is PROVEN, and just helped his team in winning the super bowl.

That's just me. Of course, they both to me, can be extremely useful in ways, but when your best player is your running back, then adding the very best, not a top 5, he is the VERY BEST RUN BLOCKING FULLBACK IN THE LEAGUE, to a team that had a 1500 yard back last year without him, that seems like the way I would go, if I needed to choose between the two......

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-22-2013 04:22 PM

:grr:Have we signed either of these assholes yet?

Micjones 06-22-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9768676)

I disagree. Bishop is solid in coverage and gives us options on passing downs.
That would be big for this defense seeing how we don't currently have that kind of ILB on the team.

Mother****erJones 06-23-2013 09:13 AM

Should know something real soon I'd assume.

Direckshun 06-23-2013 09:21 AM

So.

No news?

Micjones 06-24-2013 05:05 AM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-vonta-leach/

Quote:

Giants consider upping their offer to Vonta Leach
Posted by Michael David Smith on June 23, 2013, 7:16 AM EDT

Free agent fullback Vonta Leach may soon receive an increased offer from the Giants.

After previously hoping to sign Leach to a minimum-salary deal, the Giants have stayed in touch and are considering upping their offer to him, according to the New York Daily News.

Leach has been the NFL’s first-team All-Pro fullback in each of the last three seasons, but the Ravens released him in a salary cap move. The Giants’ interest suggests that they’re not confident in fullback Henry Hynoski’s recovery from knee surgery.

The Dolphins have been viewed as the favorites to land Leach, but the Dolphins reportedly wanted to get a deal done with Leach by the end of last week if it was going to get done at all. The Texans are also reportedly interested in Leach, although their salary cap situation makes it unlikely that they’d be able to sign him to anything more than the league minimum. If the Giants are serious about upping their offer, they could very well be the landing spot for Leach.

This could have an impact on the Giants' pursuit of Bishop.

Mother****erJones 06-24-2013 06:08 AM

I want them both now. We need a great FB that can pave the way on short yardage. And we need a skilled ILB that can be more than a thumper.

Chief Roundup 06-24-2013 07:13 AM

Leach is a very good FB. I just don't remember the Eagles using a FB. So I am not sure why Reids' offense would require probably the best in the league now.

The Bad Guy 06-24-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9772042)
Leach is a very good FB. I just don't remember the Eagles using a FB. So I am not sure why Reids' offense would require probably the best in the league now.

If you don't remember the Eagles using a fullback then you didn't watch their games.

Mother****erJones 06-24-2013 07:57 AM

Leonard weaver was their FB right? I remember them drafting them

Titty Meat 06-24-2013 08:02 AM

The Bad Guy 06-24-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9772073)
Leonard weaver was their FB right? I remember them drafting them

They didn't draft Weaver. They signed him from Seattle.

Mother****erJones 06-24-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9772121)
They didn't draft Weaver. They signed him from Seattle.

Oh ok well I didn't watch a whole lot but I remember weaver

mcaj22 06-24-2013 09:03 AM

they paid Weaver like 3 years 11 million extension with 6.5 guaranteed

so I'd say any likes his FBs.

Mav 06-24-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9772042)

Their best running days were when jon Ritchie was blocking for Duce Staley, and Westbrook........

Mother****erJones 06-24-2013 09:32 AM

Deuce. Ah.. I remember deuce. I liked him. Good back.

mcaj22 06-24-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9772191)
Their best running days were when jon Ritchie was blocking for Duce Staley, and Westbrook........

days?

it was one season lol

Mav 06-24-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9772198)
days?

it was one season lol

lol, it does seem that way. But, prior to them getting T.O. back in the days when they had pinkston, and Freddie Mitchell, they ran quite a bit more than they do now days.....

mcaj22 06-24-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9772507)
lol, it does seem that way. But, prior to them getting T.O. back in the days when they had pinkston, and Freddie Mitchell, they ran quite a bit more than they do now days.....

Andy Reid was the king of RBBC before it became a trend in fantasy football and today's game. And he only stopped when a once in awhile complete back talent like Shady McCoy fell into his lap

He loved deploying the Duce Staley, Correll Buckhalter, Brian Westbrook split carry horse shit game.

Mav 06-24-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9772519)
Andy Reid was the king of RBBC before it became a trend in fantasy football and today's game. And he only stopped when a once in awhile complete back talent like Shady McCoy fell into his lap

He loved deploying the Duce Staley, Correll Buckhalter, Brian Westbrook split carry horse shit game.

Im all for it. If you don't have one dominant back, or you have an aging back, kinda like the 49ers do, and you have the horses, use them. Going to be interesting to see how JC, and fumbles McGee are used together.....

ChiefAshhole20 06-24-2013 12:52 PM

PFT is reporting Bishop agreed to a one year deal with the Vikes... Shit.

penbrook 06-24-2013 12:55 PM

I figure it would be the Vikes. They had the most money. If he doesn't want to be a part of a dynasty than that's his own problem. Erin Henderson isn't gonna be happy.

ChiefAshhole20 06-24-2013 12:57 PM

Our next phone call should be going to Leach's agent.

penbrook 06-24-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9772652)
Our next phone call should be going to Leach's agent.

He's in talks with the Dolphins and Texans. Could return to the Ravens and the Giants are reportedly going to increase their offer. We could jump back into the race.

penbrook 06-24-2013 01:01 PM

Vikings always seem to get former Packer players.

Dante84 06-24-2013 01:01 PM

Well ****.

-King- 06-24-2013 01:03 PM

Meh.

CupidStunt 06-24-2013 01:05 PM

Would've been a much bigger signing than a FB.

Here's hoping NJ has the goods...

In58men 06-24-2013 01:06 PM

Guess he figured that competing with Hali Johnson Houston and Johnson wasn't good chances at starting muahahah

penbrook 06-24-2013 01:06 PM

I have faith In Nico.

-King- 06-24-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9772682)
Guess he figured that competing with Hali Johnson Houston and Johnson wasn't good chances at starting muahahah

How the hell would he be competing with Hali, Houston, or DJ?

penbrook 06-24-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9772682)

It's all about the money.

penbrook 06-24-2013 01:08 PM

@TomPelissero

Desmond Bishop's one-year deal will be worth around $1.5M. Incentives could push it up around $2M. About what Erin made last year. #Vikings

penbrook 06-24-2013 01:12 PM

Leach is gonna be asking for more than what Bishop got. We're out of the Leach race as too it seems.

The Bad Guy 06-24-2013 01:15 PM

Chiefs refused to go to 2 years. They had a similar offer on the table to Minnesota from what I was told. It could have reached 2 million with incentives.

With all things equal, he wanted to stay in the division he was most familiar with.