ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The QB Reid chooses to lead the Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268521)

jd1020 01-05-2013 12:29 PM

Need more Blackbob mults.

htismaqe 01-05-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLX (Post 9285006)
At first I thought I was dealing with an intelligent poster, alas I was wrong.

You did bring up that they can't release him due to NFL rules. So, WHAT IF (did you read that?) Reid wants to keep him around?
Reid probably won't consult fans to evaluate what Cassel might or might not have and if he is on the roster he has that option.

You can **** off, assbreather.

Let me recap:

You - what if Cassel is the starter next year?

Me - Matt Cassel won't be the starter here

You - what if Andy Reid thinks he can make something out of him? Wy isn't he released?

Me - he isn't released because they have to wait to the start of the season.

You - he as gone when he got injured, he won't be the starter here

Yeah, you are a complete ****ing moron.

jd1020 01-05-2013 12:31 PM

I'll be happy if Reid gets HIS guy. I don't give a shit if it's with the 1st pick, trading down and getting him with the 10th pick, or getting him in the 2nd round, as long as its HIS guy.

htismaqe 01-05-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9285023)
I'll be happy if Reid gets HIS guy. I don't give a shit if it's with the 1st pick, trading down and getting him with the 10th pick, or getting him in the 2nd round, as long as its HIS guy.

I can totally understand that.

Toad 01-05-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9284398)
QB is more important than coach, gm, owner, god....

we've wasted 30 years without even trying...we're 2-14 with the #1 pick and the most embarrassing collection of QBs ever assembled

Clark's job is to tell Reid he is drafting a QB

if we end up with YET ANOTHER vet QB castoff, then this has been a waste, and clark has learned nothing, and we're truly ****ed forever

Words of wisdom...nuff said

Pin Head 01-05-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9285012)
Antifreeze.

That would be a good move on your part.

Another shameful mockery of my greatness. Bow before the greatness of that statement.

Buckweath 01-05-2013 12:38 PM

They must draft Geno Smith, should sign an ALex Smith or trade for Flynn and have a qb battle in camp, with stanzi also getting his chance. SImple, no?

Rausch 01-05-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narrow Head (Post 9285042)
Another shameful mockery of my greatness. Bow before the greatness of that statement.

Bye...

Rausch 01-05-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 9285043)
They must draft Geno Smith, should sign an ALex Smith or trade for Flynn...

Sir! SIR!

My friend here has had enough. I need a cab...

The Franchise 01-05-2013 12:47 PM

For anyone saying that we should sign a veteran.......exactly who is out there.

Alex Smith is not a FA. He's not worth trading for.
Joe Flacco will probably be franchised.
Matt Flynn.....not a FA.

Every veteran QB that you would trade for is not only going to cost a premium pick but also a decent sized contract. Nevermind that a player like Flynn would also cost his former team a decent sized cap hit.

DaneMcCloud 01-05-2013 01:04 PM

I really don't care.

If the Chiefs trade out of the first spot or take a position other than QB, I won't give a shit because IMO, there is no game-changing, earth-shaking Franchise saving QB in this draft.

All I see is a bunch of projects. There's no one even close to Luck, Wilson or RGIII. I see Wilson and Bray as immature and as I've stated in the past few days, every time I've seen Geno Smith, he's been less than impressive.

That said, I'm pretty sure that Andy Reid could take any of the 2013 prospects and make them look average to great in his offense, so taking a guy at #1 overall that doesn't merit the #1 overall selection seems rather stupid to me.

If he chooses Smith, fine. But if he makes another move, I really won't care.

cdcox 01-05-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLX (Post 9284885)
Jeez, read what I wrote. After his failure this year I'm surprised they haven't given him his outright release already. Think about these two words:

WHAT IF

What if Reid thinks there is something there that can be of help and he keeps Cassel?

For all intents and purposes Cassel's career was over when he sustained the hand injury, when he came back he couldn't hit the ground if he threw at it.

ROFL at you for being such a knish.

WHAT IF he saw something in Tamba Hali and decided to make him our starting QB? Should Tamba play both ways?

WHAT IF he discovered a secret potion that would restore Joe Montana to his prime condition? How would you feel about that?

DaneMcCloud 01-05-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 9285043)
They must draft Geno Smith, should sign an ALex Smith or trade for Flynn and have a qb battle in camp, with stanzi also getting his chance. SImple, no?

Trade for a guy with a $27 million dollar contract that didn't see the field one time in 2012?

SAUTO 01-05-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9284952)
Well, you would have been right. I swung and missed pretty big with Sanchez. No question about this.

Tannehill is the guy who makes the analysis of this year's class absurd to me. If this is the type of prospect who goes #8 overall, you just cannot tell me that three guys in this year's class aren't at least of his caliber. At least.

And I'm really not trying to shit on Tannehill with this.

spot on post
Posted via Mobile Device

cdcox 01-05-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9285078)

All I see is a bunch of projects. There's no one even close to Luck, Wilson or RGIII. I see Wilson and Bray as immature and as I've stated in the past few days, every time I've seen Geno Smith, he's been less than impressive.

Ironic statement.

DaneMcCloud 01-05-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9285096)
Ironic statement.

Ironic because the Chiefs could have him instead of Stephenson?

SAUTO 01-05-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsp4444 (Post 9285003)
You sir can get off of your high horse. This was mentioned on espn radio this morning as an option and its not that far-fetched. We're going to need more than one QB.

**** espn.

We better not swap the first over all for a low first and Matt ****ing Flynn.

Holy **** how dumb does that sound?
Posted via Mobile Device

cdcox 01-05-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9285099)
Ironic because the Chiefs could have him instead of Stephenson?

Ironic because this time last year Russel Wilson wasn't anywhere near the caliber of someone like Russel Wilson.

slimdagreat 01-05-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9284348)
If you can trade back and select Tyler Wilson in the first while getting more picks....then that's the best scenario...in a perfect world.

Yes and you can get a potential pro bowl MLB, LT or DT in the process you take that. Geno isn't RGIII like most people think.

This or trade for Kirk Cousins

DaneMcCloud 01-05-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9284952)
And I'm really not trying to shit on Tannehill with this.

I think that Tannehill is much more mature than Tyler Bray and probably Tyler Wilson.

Firstly, Tannehill was 24 years old to start the 2012 season and he's married. Bray would be 21 and there have been questions about Wilson, even though he'll be 24 to start the 2013 season.

All I can say is that none of these guys, at least today, look like slam dunks.

Chiefshrink 01-05-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9285104)
Ironic because this time last year Russel Wilson wasn't anywhere near the caliber of someone like Russel Wilson.

Precisely ! :clap:

Screw all these so-called experts and their overrated opinions that usually end up no more accurate than those of us who post on this board.

Chiefshrink 01-05-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Screw all these so-called experts and their overrated opinions that usually end up no more accurate than those of us who post on this board.

Rausch 01-05-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9285112)
I think that Tannehill is much more mature than Tyler Bray and probably Tyler Wilson.

Bray will be the Ryan Leaf of this draft...

DaneMcCloud 01-05-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

That's really not true. The knock on him was height, not ability or athleticism. Pete Carroll and John Schneider say him as a potential starter from day one, which is exactly what he did.

People forget this guy was a two sport star that was offered a one million dollar MLB contract when he was 18 and was later drafted in the MLB. But the dude loved football more than money.

If Wilson was 6'2 or taller, he'd have been in the Top 3 last year.

DeezNutz 01-05-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9285112)

Firstly, Tannehill was 24 years old to start the 2012 season and he's married. Bray would be 21 and there have been questions about Wilson, even though he'll be 24 to start the 2013 season.

All I can say is that none of these guys, at least today, look like slam dunks.

There were a lot of positives for Tannehill. He's athletic as hell, big, and he had/has solid intangibles.

However, there were real concerns about what he'd done as a QB (experience) and his ability to transition fully to the position.

But he was worth the risk.

I'll tell you what will piss me off: trading back into the first round to grab a guy who drops. Don't sacrifice more draft resources for a kid we could take at 1/1.

As for Bray and Wilson, these guys are almost impossible for fans to evaluate because the concerns are almost exclusively issues that would need to be resolved during the interview process.

Chiefshrink 01-05-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9285124)
Bray will be the Ryan Leaf of this draft...

That emotionally immature ??

Pin Head 01-05-2013 01:26 PM

I wouldn't be surprised at a trade for Kolb if he doesn't like any QB's in this draft. Reid liked him and picked him because he can run Reids offense.

DaneMcCloud 01-05-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9285115)

Again, untrue.

Chiefnj2 01-05-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Yes and no. Some thought he looked great but for his height:
Russell Wilson is quite the intriguing quarterback prospect in the 2012 NFL Draft class.

He threw for over 11,000 yards with 109 touchdowns and only 30 interceptions during his time with the North Carolina State Wolfpack and Wisconsin Badgers.

He demonstrated great decision making, a strong, accurate arm, quick delivery and tremendous scrambling ability in his illustrious collegiate career.

The only knock on Wilson—and it's a major one—is his lack of ideal NFL quarterback height.

He measured a shade below 5'11'' at the Senior Bowl earlier this week.

However, once Wilson put the pads on and stepped on the field, he impressed nearly all the draft experts and scouting onlookers.

Bleacher Report's NFL Draft expert Matt Miller, tweeted the following about Wilson's showing in Mobile.

Despite his smaller size, Wilson has always been able to drive the football and make all the throws. He was a 2010 draft pick of the Colorado Rockies as a second baseman. His baseball background proves he's a stellar all-around athlete with a good arm.
At the NFL level, many point to the fact that Wilson may struggle mightily seeing over bigger offensive lines.

It's an old scouting phrase used against many smaller signal-callers entering the pro ranks. Wilson's situation is different.

Last season with the Badgers, he wasn't exactly throwing behind the smallest line in the country. In fact, it was one of the biggest from left tackle to right tackle. They averaged over 6'5'' and 322 pounds.
Due to their mammoth overall size and the talented running back Montee Ball, the 2011 Badgers were a run-first club, but Wilson didn't have many issues throwing over them, as evidenced by his 33 touchdowns, four interceptions and 72.8 completion percentage.

That's not to say all of his throws came from the pocket. He was utilized on a variety of bootlegs and roll-outs and demonstrated great accuracy throwing on the run.

If he's used in a similar system in the NFL, the athletic, smart and big-armed Wilson has the potential to be successful on Sundays.

Then again, Russ Lande said "Wilson did not fare as well at the Senior Bowl. It started off badly when he measured under 5-11, and then he struggled with accuracy throughout the week. He showed good mechanics to get rid of the ball quickly and a very strong arm to make every NFL throw without a problem. However, teams can’t ignore his height and lack of consistency as a pocket passer. He likely won’t be drafted because his performance this week showed that he will be, at best, a backup quarterback in the NFL."

jd1020 01-05-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimdagreat (Post 9285109)
Yes and you can get a potential pro bowl MLB, LT or DT in the process you take that. Geno isn't RGIII like most people think.

Promptly end your life.

DaneMcCloud 01-05-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9285126)
There were a lot of positives for Tannehill. He's athletic as hell, big, and he had/has solid intangibles.

However, there were real concerns about what he'd done as a QB (experience) and his ability to transition fully to the position.

But he was worth the risk.

I'll tell you what will piss me off: trading back into the first round to grab a guy who drops. Don't sacrifice more draft resources for a kid we could take at 1/1.

As for Bray and Wilson, these guys are almost impossible for fans to evaluate because the concerns are almost exclusively issues that would need to be resolved during the interview process.

Wilson and Bray (especially Bray, IMO) will need to withstand a long and arduous process of due diligence. Both have maturity concerns, which caused Ryan Mallet to drop to the third round.

Bray is 21 years old and would need a spotless background to go #1 overall, something I don't think possible for him.

Who wants to turn over their $1 billion dollar franchise to a 21 year old punk?

O.city 01-05-2013 01:32 PM

Wilson has been getting good reviews from scouts early in the process already.

Yes, there is no Luck or Manning in this draft. There have only been two drafts with those guys in in it, yet there are alot of really talented QB's.

There doesn't have to be a "sure" thing to take a chance with him at number 1.

Chiefshrink 01-05-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9285130)
Again, untrue.

Back it up.

Russell Wilson is the perfect example going against your NO REAL QBs IN THIS YEARS DRAFT CLASS opinion.

DeezNutz 01-05-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9285146)
Who wants to turn over their $1 billion dollar franchise to a 21 year old punk?

No one. That would be a bad decision.

However, the Chiefs must get a QB, and the trade/FA options are horse shit. We can say "Wait until the second," but that's not a plan; it's hoping.

If they take that approach, they'd have to be monitoring the situation incredibly closely, being prepared to trade back into the first for their guy. For example, I could see this type of approach with a guy like Murray.

If that's the case, I think it would make more sense to "over draft" him than to be willing to commit even more resources, particularly since there isn't a player in this draft that simply demands to be drafted (Megatron, etc.).

cdcox 01-05-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9285125)
That's really not true. The knock on him was height, not ability or athleticism. Pete Carroll and John Schneider say him as a potential starter from day one, which is exactly what he did.

People forget this guy was a two sport star that was offered a one million dollar MLB contract when he was 18 and was later drafted in the MLB. But the dude loved football more than money.

If Wilson was 6'2 or taller, he'd have been in the Top 3 last year.

If Pete Carroll had known he would be as successful and he has been, the Seahawks would have taken him in the first round and wouldn't have worried about Matt Flynn.

If you remove Russel Wilson from the Seahawks roster and put him into the 2013 draft, he'd probably be projected as the #1.

So the fact is, that Russel Wilson last year wasn't projected as someone who would likely be a successful NFL starter.

Irony stands.

DaneMcCloud 01-05-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9285152)
Back it up.

Russell Wilson is the perfect example going against your NO REAL QBs IN THIS YEARS DRAFT CLASS opinion.

It's already been posted you dumb mother****er.

jd1020 01-05-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9285157)
If you remove Russel Wilson from the Seahawks roster and put him into the 2013 draft, he'd probably be projected and the #1.

Ummmm... probably not.

People would still be saying the same thing about him... "Too small." He would end up in the 2nd day just like last year.

RunKC 01-05-2013 01:41 PM

I'll play devil's advocate here.

Say Donovan McNabb is right about Reid taking a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round.

What QB do you think Reid would take and who would he pick with the 1st overall pick since he obviously wouldn't go QB in that situation?

DaneMcCloud 01-05-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9285157)
If Pete Carroll had known he would be as successful and he has been, the Seahawks would have taken him in the first round and wouldn't have worried about Matt Flynn.

If you remove Russel Wilson from the Seahawks roster and put him into the 2013 draft, he'd probably be projected and the #1.

So the fact is, that Russel Wilson last year wasn't projected as someone who would likely be a successful NFL starter.

Irony stands.

What? No one wanted Wilson, other than the Seahawks, due to his height.

There's no ****ing way that would have changed this year. Now, it might make some teams question that philosophy in the future, due to Russell's success in spite of being 5'11.

But there is no ****ing way he'd be the clear #1 option at QB in 2013.

Rausch 01-05-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9285152)
Back it up.

He's the perfect example of why there is no such thing as "value" or "reach" when it comes to the draft.

You either identify and pick good players or you don't...

O.city 01-05-2013 01:43 PM

If they don't re sign Albert, it would probably be Joeckel.

cdcox 01-05-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9285166)
What? No one wanted Wilson, other than the Seahawks, due to his height.

There's no ****ing way that would have changed this year. Now, it might make some teams question that philosophy in the future, due to Russell's success in spite of being 5'11.

But there is no ****ing way he'd be the clear #1 option at QB in 2013.

Based on the Seahawks success with him this year, I disagree.

O.city 01-05-2013 01:44 PM

Well, really, Wilson hasn't been GREAT this year. Yeah, he's been a winner and won games, but they have a great rushing game and a great defense.

Pretty good spot for a rookie QB.

jd1020 01-05-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9285174)

You are playing the 20/20 game.

If Russell Wilson was still in college guess what wouldn't have happened? You guessed right! The Seahawks would have no success with Russell Wilson.

Rausch 01-05-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9285178)
Well, really, Wilson hasn't been GREAT this year.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...th-d3507id.jpg

cdcox 01-05-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9285160)
Ummmm... probably not.

People would still be saying the same thing about him... "Too small." He would end up in the 2nd day just like last year.

Yeah if you threw 6-0 Drew Brees into the 2013 NFL draft he'd probably still be drafted at the top of the 2nd round.

cdcox 01-05-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9285180)
You are playing the 20/20 game.

If Russell Wilson was still in college guess what wouldn't have happened? You guessed right! The Seahawks would have no success with Russell Wilson.

Yes I am using 20/20 hindsight.

Dane said there is no Russel Wilson in this years draft. I called that ironic for obvious reasons.

RunKC 01-05-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9285178)
Well, really, Wilson hasn't been GREAT this year. Yeah, he's been a winner and won games, but they have a great rushing game and a great defense.

Pretty good spot for a rookie QB.

Wilson's defense is not that great. They've had their moments. They are 83rd in points allowed and their rushing attack isn't even in the top 100.

Meanwhile, Wilson has his offense at 21st in passing despite losing his 3 best WR's (Jarius Wright has been awesome for the Vikings lately) and his HC that was great with QB's.

jd1020 01-05-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9285185)
Yeah if you threw 6-0 Drew Brees into the 2013 NFL draft he'd probably still be drafted at the top of the 2nd round.

Why stop there? Let's throw Tom Brady into the 2013 draft and see where he goes... stop being ****ing reeruned.

O.city 01-05-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9285194)
Wilson's defense is not that great. They've had their moments. They are 83rd in points allowed and their rushing attack isn't even in the top 100.

Meanwhile, Wilson has his offense at 21st in passing despite losing his 3 best WR's (Jarius Wright has been awesome for the Vikings lately) and his HC that was great with QB's.

Calm down there Chief, talking about Russel Wilson.

htismaqe 01-05-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimdagreat (Post 9285109)

Hold your breath until you pass out.

Brando 01-05-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9285165)

What QB do you think Reid would take and who would he pick with the 1st overall pick since he obviously wouldn't go QB in that situation?

I would grab Nassib but I am biased.

O.city 01-05-2013 02:13 PM

No QB in this draft is Manning or Luck type prospect, so you absolutely don't draft one that isn't that level first overall.

htismaqe 01-05-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9285165)

Ryan Nassib and Star lotulelei.

O.city 01-05-2013 02:17 PM

Nassib had a shitty game against one of the worst defenses in college football in his bowl game. No thanks.

DeezNutz 01-05-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9285196)
Why stop there? Let's throw Tom Brady into the 2013 draft and see where he goes... stop being ****ing reeruned.

Dude. Come on. The reason for alluding to Brees is pretty obvious.

And people are greatly mistaken if they think that a '12 redraft wouldn't find Wilson early in the first.

jd1020 01-05-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9285223)
Dude. Come on. The reason for alluding to Brees is pretty obvious.

And people are greatly mistaken if they think that a '12 redraft wouldn't find Wilson early in the first.

Redrafts are stupid.

You would not find Wilson early in the first if you redid '12. Because if you redid the '12 draft you would be only looking at his measurables and his college performance and that led to 32 teams passing on him multiple times.

But people like to play this game for some reason. "Look at what player X is doing... we should have drafted him in the first round!"

DaneMcCloud 01-05-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9285189)
Yes I am using 20/20 hindsight.

Dane said there is no Russel Wilson in this years draft. I called that ironic for obvious reasons.

What's obvious about it? I think you're really confused.

If I had said "There's no Nick Foles in this year's draft", I could understand your point. Foles had ideal size, was a third round pick and was a decent starter on a bad team. That would "ironic" because those players exist in spades.

But Russell Wilson is extremely unique. He's an amazing athlete that could be in Major League Baseball as a pitcher and refused a $1 million dollar signing bonus at age 18 because he wanted to play football. He played at not one but TWO FBS schools in NC State AND Wisconsin.

But the main reason why Russell wasn't taken earlier than the third round isn't because he didn't have a great pedigree, character or athleticism. It's because draft scouts and GM's don't put a high grade on quarterbacks shorter than 6'0, let alone 5'11.

DaneMcCloud 01-05-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9285174)

:facepalm:

Yeah, you're right: Russell Wilson of the 2012 Seahawks opened the door to the Seahawks drafting Russell Wilson in 2013.

?

EagleRob 01-05-2013 03:47 PM

Hi All,

Eagles fan here but also root for the Chiefs as I have family in the area. Honestly, I believe Andy's failures recently were a result of the ownership and non-football management layers in the Eagles making moves they believe were a final push for a championship then letting Reid take the fall, along with current Browns GM Joe Banner. Reid and new Eagles GM Howie Roseman didnt see eye to eye on personnel so word is, Reid was resigning if the team didn't terminate his contract.

You all are getting a fantastic human being to run your team. He accepts responsibility for failures, though sometimes to a fault, installs a winning atmosphere from Day 1, and turned Philly into a desirable destination for draftees and free agents. He builds around a franchise QB that he drafts, preferring QBs that are tall, strong-armed, and make good decisions. He feels he rest can be taught. He grew up as an O-lineman so he believes that goodtrams start with good lines. If I were a betting man, he will look QB or OL with his draft picks and FA targets. If there is no franchise QB or OL targets, expect him to trade down and add extra 1sts and 2nds. Don't be surprised if he brings in a Vick or even McNabb to teach his young QBs his system initially but don't worry - it would be temporary. Don't be surprised if he tries to trade a 4th rd pick for Kevin Kolb. He's no stud but he's been taught the system. Andy will bring in WRs that are good route runners but not necessarily big or speedy name guys. He prefers RBs that are good chip blockers, pass catchers, and screen runners. His OL will be smallish, but agile pass blockers.

Andy has and always will need a good defensive coordinator that can manage the entire defensive side of the ball. We all loved Jim Johnson for his agressive turnover-inducing style that gives the O a short field. It was a big reason the Eagles were so successful in scoring, particularly in the red zone. After JJ passed, Reid wasn't as successful without good defensive help.

Andy makes good decisions but you may find yourself frustrated when he doesn't draft the obvious need on draft day, makes conservative calls in the two-minute drill, and leaves Hillis on the sideline when trying to convert on 3rd and 1 just outside field goal range.

But, he's a great coach. We will miss him in Philly. I've rooted for the Chiefs since going to my first game at Arrowhead in 88. Glad I've got another good reason to watch.

Rasputin 01-05-2013 03:55 PM

Thank you eagleRob. That seems like a fair minded take on Andy Reid.

****ing Server :cuss:

Mr. Flopnuts 01-05-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9284886)
Dropping down to 5, 8, or wherever means we would have to trade down.

We had the worst QB situation in the league. If there's no QB we want at #1, NOBODY is going to want to trade with us. NOBODY.

Exactly. No one wants that pick unless it's a QB. People are ****ing stupid thinking someone is going to trade up for Joeckel or some shit.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-05-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9285212)
No QB in this draft is Manning or Luck type prospect, so you absolutely don't draft one that isn't that level first overall.

Not sure if serious. If you are, who DO you draft when there aren't any for sure number 1 picks?

O.city 01-05-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9285318)
Not sure if serious. If you are, who DO you draft when there aren't any for sure number 1 picks?

No, I was being sarcastic.

cdcox 01-05-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9285321)
No, I was being sarcastic.

So before, our pick was too late to take a QB but now its too early to take a QB. Gotcha.

O.city 01-05-2013 04:13 PM

Yep, we need an OT or ILB with the first overall pick.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-05-2013 04:13 PM

Any player could bust. It doesn't matter what spot you take him. The whole draft is a freaking crap shoot. Just take your highest QB on your board at #1. What have we got to lose?

Mr. Flopnuts 01-05-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9285339)
Any player could bust. It doesn't matter what spot you take him. The whole draft is a freaking crap shoot. Just take your highest QB on your board at #1. What have we got to lose?

The next Tyson Jackson, Glenn Dorsey, or Ryan Simms.

whoman69 01-05-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9285427)

That sounds like a steep price...tell me it can't be so. BTW, I'm going to steal that sig pic

DaneMcCloud 01-05-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9285427)

I just hope that the Chiefs and Reid don't take a QB #1 because they need a starting QB. I hope that they take a QB at #1 because he fits the system, is the right guy, etc.

We're a ways off from the Combine, so we'll know more after it's completed, but I just don't want them to reach.

O.city 01-05-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9285523)
I just hope that the Chiefs and Reid don't take a QB #1 because they need a starting QB. I hope that they take a QB at #1 because he fits the system, is the right guy, etc.

We're a ways off from the Combine, so we'll know more after it's completed, but I just don't want them to reach.

What else would you take?

DeezNutz 01-05-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9285523)

Any player in this draft could easily be described as a reach at 1/1, so we need to take the QB.

The QB whom we select here will be more talented than any QB whom we could get via trade or FA, so I see it as a no-brainer.

DaneMcCloud 01-05-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9285544)
Any player in this draft could easily be described as a reach at 1/1, so we need to take the QB.

I was unable to follow college football this past Fall to the extent I have in the past, so I'm am currently unable to argue effectively against this point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9285544)
The QB whom we select here will be more talented than any QB whom we could get via trade or FA, so I see it as a no-brainer.

Really? I know a bunch of CPer's love Geno, but when I watched him on a few occasions, I saw nothing that said "Franchise QB Savior". Same with Bray. I only watched a few quarters of Wilson and saw nothing of Glennon.

The bottom line for me is that I'd hate to see the Chiefs take a QB because they NEED a QB, then end up with Jake Locker or Blaine Gabbert.

That, to me, would suck and further set back the franchise.

EagleRob 01-05-2013 05:06 PM

One thing to consider is whoever gets drafted in this spot will command a $50+ million dollar deal over seven years. It's not a spot to just take a guy that doesn't fit the system, especially a QB. You are looking for a difference-maker at any position and Reid will take the best player on the board at QB, OT, LB, DT, or DB in that order if and only if 1) he is worthy of a franchise player status, 2) he can't find a trade partner willing to trade down for multiple picks.

jd1020 01-05-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9285568)
One thing to consider is whoever gets drafted in this spot will command a $50+ million dollar deal over seven years.

You don't follow football much do you?

O.city 01-05-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9285566)
I was unable to follow college football this past Fall to the extent I have in the past, so I'm am currently unable to argue effectively against this point.

Really? I know a bunch of CPer's love Geno, but when I watched him on a few occasions, I saw nothing that said "Franchise QB Savior". Same with Bray. I only watched a few quarters of Wilson and saw nothing of Glennon.

The bottom line for me is that I'd hate to see the Chiefs take a QB because they NEED a QB, then end up with Jake Locker or Blaine Gabbert.

Meh, or they could also end up with Rodgers or Rothlisberger.

Set the franchise back from what? End up with ANOTHER 1st overall pick?

DaneMcCloud 01-05-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9285531)
What else would you take?

I don't know. I've always been weary of making this type of determination before The Combines and before everyone has declared.

All I know is that year after year, teams "Fall In Love" with certain players, so I find it a bit difficult to suggest that "no team" would be willing to move up in the draft.

EagleRob 01-05-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9285573)
You don't follow football much do you?

I watch a lot of football but don't remember what a 1/1 pick commands in terms of $$. Been a while.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-05-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9285578)
I don't know. I've always been weary of making this type of determination before The Combines and before everyone has declared.

All I know is that year after year, teams "Fall In Love" with certain players, so I find it a bit difficult to suggest that "no team" would be willing to move up in the draft.

I hope we fall in love with one ourselves.

DeezNutz 01-05-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9285566)

If not the draft then who and how? Alex Smith, whom the Chiefs will have to trade for? No franchise is winning a SB with him. Flynn? That would be an incredibly stupid move. Cousins? Of course not.

There is nothing but mediocrity available via trade or FA, so we have to take the chance on someone with legit upside, and who is every bit the equal of the FA/trade lot.

New CBA makes it easy to turn and burn if a more appealing option appears, even if that's next off-season.