ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Might you consider trying Arby’s new Diablo Dare spicy sandwich (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=341799)

MTG#10 01-18-2022 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16083511)
Are those the ones in the black packaging?

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/...L._SL1000_.jpg

Just got a package of these in the mail today, Amazon shipped then in a plastic bag so they're all crushed to shit. ****ing morons.

Marcellus 01-18-2022 06:06 PM

So I’m eating the 2x spicy ramen now. Good flavor and solid heat. Might be a tick less spicy than I get when I order anything 3 star spicy at my favorite thia place.

Really interesting flavor.

ToxSocks 01-18-2022 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 16085912)
So I’m eating the 2x spicy ramen now. Good flavor and solid heat. Might be a tick less spicy than I get when I order anything 3 star spicy at my favorite thia place.

Really interesting flavor.

SOLID??

That's it? Your threshold must be insanely high. You did drain the water before adding the flavor packs right? Just asking cuz ive had a buddy eat it Maruchan soup style, lol.

Marcellus 01-18-2022 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16085928)
SOLID??

That's it? Your threshold must be insanely high. You did drain the water before adding the flavor packs right? Just asking cuz ive had a buddy eat it Maruchan soup style, lol.

Yea it gave me a good sweat but the heat was just about perfect. I drained the water. I also fried an egg in it when I stir fried the noodles but that shouldn’t have made much difference.

I can sit and eat a raw ghost pepper in a sitting if I cut it up and eat little slices.

I also like to eat a little Reaper every now and then. THAT is stupid hot. Can only do tiny sliver. But man the taste is incredible.

My future son in law can eat raw Habaneros and jalapeños like they are nothing. Whew.

Buehler445 01-18-2022 07:46 PM

Man I’m glad I’m not the only one that eating sounds drive me crazy.

My mom and dad both chew loud. No mouths open or anything. Just loud. Maybe it’s because they sit in silence when they eat. Dad likes to read while he eats.

Shit makes me crazy. Reading Tim and Detox explanation made my day. Thanks guys. ROFL

lewdog 01-18-2022 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 16085961)
Yea it gave me a good sweat but the heat was just about perfect. I drained the water. I also fried an egg in it when I stir fried the noodles but that shouldn’t have made much difference.

I can sit and eat a raw ghost pepper in a sitting if I cut it up and eat little slices.

I also like to eat a little Reaper every now and then. THAT is stupid hot. Can only do tiny sliver. But man the taste is incredible.

My future son in law can eat raw Habaneros and jalapeños like they are nothing. Whew.

Yeah I like spicy but that's a whole other level man eat those peppers raw. Damn son!

The Franchise 01-18-2022 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 16085961)
I also like to eat a little Reaper every now and then.

What. The. ****.

Bearcat 01-18-2022 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 16085843)
For store bought stuff this is really pretty solid. Love putting it on breakfast burritos etc..

https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/6fd...2&odnBg=FFFFFF

I saw the ghost pepper version at a WalMart once and was like screw it, whatever.... and it far exceeds anything I'd expect at WalMart (granted, I expected like jalapeno spicy at the very most).

That version is also very good... use it in breakfast burritos, too.

I bought the 2x ramen off Amazon the other day, but haven't tried it.... I have a pretty good tolerance, but "fire snakes"...... good god. :eek:

cdcox 01-18-2022 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudasRising20 (Post 16066638)
I ordered medium spice once at a Thai place. To this day, I cannot understand how anyone could go one or two levels higher. I was shitting fire for days. Yet I always hear people ordering super spicy at Thai places.

I get takeout from my favorite Thai place around twice a month. Chicken Drunken Noodle 9-star spicy. 9 stars is considered Thai-hot by the restaurant. Sometimes when I pick up, they ask if this order is really for me. This is usually perfect for me because it combines great flavor with the endorphins of the heat. The spiciness varies a little bit from time to time and sometimes it comes out a "heavy" 9 stars. That gets a little too hot for my preferences to the point where I can feel it when I urinate. I don't prefer that sensation.

You can order up to 100 stars spicy at that restaurant, but you have to pay extra for the spice when you go above 10. I can't imagine.

cdcox 01-18-2022 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16086166)
I saw the ghost pepper version at a WalMart once and was like screw it, whatever.... and it far exceeds anything I'd expect at WalMart (granted, I expected like jalapeno spicy at the very most).

That version is also very good... use it in breakfast burritos, too.

I bought the 2x ramen off Amazon the other day, but haven't tried it.... I have a pretty good tolerance, but "fire snakes"...... good god. :eek:

I tried the ghost pepper Mrs. Renfro's a while back. It really builds on you as you eat it. I didn't really enjoy it. I most enjoy heat when it is on something starchy like noodles or rice.

TimBone 01-18-2022 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16085809)
Dots are amazing. You shut your whore mouth.

I agree Dots are good, but there's is no doubt the chewiness of them can make for some unpleasant audio.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 16085827)
When I had to report into an office for work, if there was a half or full day conference scheduled we'd meet in one of the main conference that would have snacks put out by the admin lady. I'd show up early and remove those Nature Valley Crunchy granola bars before the meeting. No way was I getting stuck in a room with those things.

I know ol girl probably caught some flack for the room not being "stocked" but oh ****ing well.

Hahaha....I might have done the same. I love those granola bars, though. If I'm eating one myself, I have to make sure there's something loud around me, because even listening to myself chew them is too much. It sounds like chewing ****ing gravel, man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16085836)
Oh lordy lordy, my wife watches that shit too. I don't get it. Drives me up the ****ing wall.

She has this girl she follows who eats like a goddamn cave troll while gossiping her lame ass daily life drama. Not just eating with her mouth open, but talking while she eats too. With those sensitive mics picking up every labored inhale, snort and swallow.

I don't know how people watch that shit. It makes my skin crawl and pisses me off to no end.

My wife will put it on to help her fall asleep as long as we're not in the same room. I don't understand it at all.

TimBone 01-18-2022 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 16086209)
I get takeout from my favorite Thai place around twice a month. Chicken Drunken Noodle 9-star spicy. 9 stars is considered Thai-hot by the restaurant. Sometimes when I pick up, they ask if this order is really for me. This is usually perfect for me because it combines great flavor with the endorphins of the heat. The spiciness varies a little bit from time to time and sometimes it comes out a "heavy" 9 stars. That gets a little too hot for my preferences to the point where I can feel it when I urinate. I don't prefer that sensation.

You can order up to 100 stars spicy at that restaurant, but you have to pay extra for the spice when you go above 10. I can't imagine.

Jesus, man. They go up to 100 stars, and 9 star is 'feel it when you piss' hot?

cdcox 01-18-2022 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 16086222)
Jesus, man. They go up to 100 stars, and 9 star is 'feel it when you piss' hot?

Yeah, I know. Hard to imagine.

Bearcat 01-18-2022 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 16086209)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 16086215)
I tried the ghost pepper Mrs. Renfro's a while back. It really builds on you as you eat it. I didn't really enjoy it. I most enjoy heat when it is on something starchy like noodles or rice.

I prefer Thai spicy over a lot of our hot sauces and what not.... it's a nice build up and not just pain.

I've told Thai places "not white guy Thai hot, but Thai hot".... there's a server who recognized me at a local place after I had ordered Thai hot one time and didn't die, and kicked it up a notch the next time with (supposedly) some peppers from the chef's garden..... and that was Thai hot.

More sweat and mucus than I generally care for when eating out.

Baby Lee 01-18-2022 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 16086215)

Great in burritos, sufficient starch from the tortilla and rice.

refried beans, sharp cheddar, diced onion, cilantro-lime rice, flank steak, sour cream and guac.

Plenty of Ghost Pepper Renfros.

Baby Lee 01-18-2022 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16086238)
I prefer Thai spicy over a lot of our hot sauces and what not.... it's a nice build up and not just pain.

I've told Thai places "not white guy Thai hot, but Thai hot".... there's a server who recognized me at a local place after I had ordered Thai hot one time and didn't die, and kicked it up a notch the next time with (supposedly) some peppers from the chef's garden..... and that was Thai hot.

Back in law school I lived in the heart of Thai deliciousness. A Thai family owned the building and the next on to it, and had 4 different restaurants on the ground floor. Fancy, country, grilled and takeout.

The takeout place had the best beef larb. steak strips in a thin brown sauce with granulated rice [where it's not cooked soft, but is ground up and put in the sauce to simmer, soak up flavor and give a little texture], scallions and peanuts. So simple, but very spicy

cdcox 01-18-2022 11:02 PM

Quote:

My daughter and I sometimes go for Thai at a different place than my usual. I have ordered 5 stars (the highest on the menu) and it really doesn't do it for me. The last few times, I have been asking them to bring me extra pepper flakes on the side, but tonight while googling local places for spicy food, I learned that they will go up to 50 stars on request. Not going anywhere near that, but 10 stars will probably be in my range.

I know what you mean about the mucus. That is why I like take out. :evil:

cdcox 01-18-2022 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16086251)
Great in burritos, sufficient starch from the tortilla and rice.

refried beans, sharp cheddar, diced onion, cilantro-lime rice, flank steak, sour cream and guac.

Plenty of Ghost Pepper Renfros.

Agree that burritos are a great vehicle for spicy salsa.

scho63 01-19-2022 02:33 PM

I can't eat it until Review Brah gives his seal of approval.

htismaqe 01-19-2022 02:36 PM

Quote:

We have a Thai place here that rates their dishes as mild, medium, hot, and "be careful".

htismaqe 01-19-2022 02:42 PM

Anybody ever try the Atomic wings at Wing Stop? I think they're pretty spicy myself, I can usually eat about 10 of them.

ToxSocks 01-19-2022 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 16087102)
Anybody ever try the Atomic wings at Wing Stop? I think they're pretty spicy myself, I can usually eat about 10 of them.

Can't say i have. When it comes to Wingstop im a Mango Habanero guy.

htismaqe 01-19-2022 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16087115)
Can't say i have. When it comes to Wingstop im a Mango Habanero guy.

The lemon pepper is to die for...

DaFace 01-19-2022 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 16087085)
I can't eat it until Review Brah gives his seal of approval.

See post #139. :p

TimBone 01-19-2022 04:47 PM

Mango habanero is the all star of sweet heat flavors. That's in general. Not just for Wing Stop.

srvy 01-20-2022 07:35 AM

Quote:

For store bought stuff this is really pretty solid. Love putting it on breakfast burritos etc..

I have had several varieties of Mrs Renfro's salsa that I really like. Ill have mt eye out for this one. The combo of Mango with a hot pepper I like a lot.

Bearcat 02-05-2022 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16069533)
Spiciest thing ive ever eaten and nothing even comes close. Has me legit breaking out in sweat, eyes turning red etc.

My wife is addicted to these damn things, and i pretty much gave up eating them. Too spicy to be enjoyable.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/eV21RDG" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/eV21RDG"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So, I bought this...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076K9Z4YY

And just realized it's not the same packaging... and it's kind of underwhelming.

Any idea if this is the same thing?

https://i.imgur.com/6R4PXjT.jpg

Easy 6 02-05-2022 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16132396)
So, I bought this...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076K9Z4YY

And just realized it's not the same packaging... and it's kind of underwhelming.

Any idea if this is the same thing?

https://i.imgur.com/6R4PXjT.jpg

Other than a few minor details it looks the same

Did it come with a liquid sauce, and packet of dried peppers?

Bearcat 02-05-2022 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 16132425)
Other than a few minor details it looks the same

Did it come with a liquid sauce, and packet of dried peppers?

Yes, very dark, dangerous looking sauce, with the spice packet.

Double checked the packaging and it's the same company, so not a knock off in that regard.... and I saw some packages on Amazon that have English and Korean print, too.

Multiple people mentioned feeling it in their chest and it definitely wasn't that hot... I was nice build up heat, but I'd put it under Mrs. Renfro's Ghost Pepper and probably even under Buffalo Wild Wing's Mango Habanero (much less Wild or Blazzin).

Easy 6 02-05-2022 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16132431)
Yes, very dark, dangerous looking sauce, with the spice packet.

Double checked the packaging and it's the same company, so not a knock off in that regard.... and I saw some packages on Amazon that have English and Korean print, too.

Multiple people mentioned feeling it in their chest and it definitely wasn't that hot... I was nice build up heat, but I'd put it under Mrs. Renfro's Ghost Pepper and probably even under Buffalo Wild Wing's Mango Habanero (much less Wild or Blazzin).

Looks and sounds like basically the same one I tried, good grief not sure how you guys can stand anything like that... let alone wish it was even MORE hot :shake:

scho63 02-05-2022 07:56 PM

Quote:

Can't vouch for that particular sauce but FRESH made Mango Habanero is da bomb.

Pepe Silvia 02-05-2022 09:06 PM

When I go to Arby’s I get the roast beef and cheddar or the plain roast beef with horsey sauce. Curly Fries too.

stevieray 02-05-2022 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 16132594)
When I go to Arby’s I get the roast beef and cheddar or the plain roast beef with horsey sauce. Curly Fries too.

BOOM!

TimBone 02-05-2022 11:29 PM

Anybody remember back in the '90's when Arby's had the 5 for $5 on roast beef sandwiches?

I don't do Arby's very often, but I was back in Texas this week for a family emergency, and the fam sent me to Arby's one night to grab some beef 'n' cheddar sandwiches to eat quick.

Apparently, Arby's has gotten ****ing expensive over the years. Their normal roast beef sandwich is like 3 bucks now. Wtf happened?

Stryker 02-05-2022 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 16132594)

THIS! :thumb:

Rausch 02-06-2022 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 16132665)
Anybody remember back in the '90's when Arby's had the 5 for $5 on roast beef sandwiches?

They brought it back for like 4 months in 2009. It was my first year at the prison and every two weeks I'd buy 30 of 'em and start the first 2 hours of shift in two house.

I was recently separated from the wife, a gal that worked there was recently divorced, and this ginger had his fiance back out a month before the big day. A day or two after payday for like 3 months it was the ritual.

DJ's left nut 08-17-2022 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16085428)
DJ 1 month from now:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/q8b3aIta4CQ" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gonna do that Paqui challenge this afternoon.

This seems like a terrible decision. By all accounts the thing tastes like shit and is pure demon semen.

But we shall see...

ToxSocks 08-17-2022 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16416743)

This seems like a terrible decision. By all accounts the thing tastes like shit and is pure demon semen.

But we shall see...

LMAO I had to google it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0aTYXIC0O4E" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bearcat 08-17-2022 01:50 PM

Quote:

But we shall see...

The problem I had with the one chip wasn't mouth/throat area as much as my stomach... it has a kick, of course, but it was more of an 'intense' heat than pure pain/pins and needles. Wouldn't say I loved the flavor, but didn't find it to be disgusting, either.

I ate about half of one and a few minutes in really thought I was going to throw it up, which I'm sure would have been a lovely experience. I ended up drinking some almond milk and eating some yogurt not long after, which settled the sharp pains of what felt like the chip making its way through my stomach lining.

Didn't chance it with the other half of the chip.... the most surprising part was not needing medical attention when it came out the other end. It wasn't nearly as bad as the first couple times I ate BWW Blazin'.

Good luck!

DJ's left nut 08-17-2022 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16416753)
LMAO I had to google it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0aTYXIC0O4E" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is not making me any more confident.

1COOLDOG 08-17-2022 01:52 PM

Nope.

raybec 4 08-17-2022 01:52 PM

Quote:

But we shall see...

Is there going to be video?

DJ's left nut 08-17-2022 02:34 PM

Man - those things taste like SHIT.

5 minutes of screaming agony, another 5 of a fair amount of discomfort, then another 15-20 or so of dull burn.

Chewing is fine but as soon as you actually ingest it, the heat hits like a damn truck. And because it tastes like ass, you just have this burning vomit sensation. And I got the hiccups - that didn't help. Eyes watered a fair amount but I didn't break out in a sweat or have the streaming nose thing.

Definitely hotter than anything else I've eaten, especially for the first few minutes. But not the long-term agony I thought it might be.

DJ's left nut 08-17-2022 02:45 PM

Postscript - it appears to have burned its way through my stomach lining and I’m pretty sure I’m now dying.

So yeah, go ahead and add T+45 minutes = gastrointestinal hell on earth.

ToxSocks 08-17-2022 03:00 PM

We'll be looking for part 2 of this saga in the "how are you pooping" thread.

DJ's left nut 08-17-2022 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16416826)
We'll be looking for part 2 of this saga in the "how are you pooping" thread.

Yeah - I've never had anything get to my gut like that before.

I'm...afraid.

Marcellus 08-17-2022 03:08 PM

LMAO

notorious 08-17-2022 03:26 PM

Dripping napalm from your anus there will be.

DJJasonp 08-17-2022 04:43 PM

sorry, wrong thread.........figured there'd be some Hope Solo discussion here.......

Bump 08-17-2022 04:54 PM

if it comes from a chain restaurant it will be about as spicy as mild salsa

Peter Gibbons 08-17-2022 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 16066516)
Food should not be a pain endurance contest.

This goes against everything ‘Man v Food’ has taught me.
I need time alone now to reflect on this new revelation.

Bearcat 08-17-2022 07:50 PM

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="22007493" data-share-method="host" data-aspect-ratio="1" data-width="50%"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/is-he-dead-leroy-brown-assisted-living-did-he-die-what-happened-gif-22007493">Is He Dead Leroy Brown GIF</a>from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/is+he+dead-gifs">Is He Dead GIFs</a></div> <script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

SupDock 08-17-2022 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16416759)
The problem I had with the one chip wasn't mouth/throat area as much as my stomach... it has a kick, of course, but it was more of an 'intense' heat than pure pain/pins and needles. Wouldn't say I loved the flavor, but didn't find it to be disgusting, either.

I ate about half of one and a few minutes in really thought I was going to throw it up, which I'm sure would have been a lovely experience. I ended up drinking some almond milk and eating some yogurt not long after, which settled the sharp pains of what felt like the chip making its way through my stomach lining.

Didn't chance it with the other half of the chip.... the most surprising part was not needing medical attention when it came out the other end. It wasn't nearly as bad as the first couple times I ate BWW Blazin'.

Good luck!

This was exactly my experience. The burn was excellent, but the sensation in my stomach was pure pain, uncomfortable pain. I ended up drinking almond milk because of how bad my stomach hurt.

I have never had an ulcer, but suspect it feels similar to that

DJ's left nut 08-18-2022 09:50 AM

So yeah - as a weight loss tool this thing would be excellent.

Apart from taking like 7 shits in the last 18 hours, I have had no desire whatsoever to eat anything.

I wouldn't be surprised if I'm down 2-3 lbs from the experience.

Happy to say that I've done it. Do not have any plans on doing it again. As has been noted, the stomach issues were just ghastly. And they came and went; it wasn't like a constant burn. It was 20 minutes of nothing, a warning grunt and then 5 minutes of hellish cramps and burning. Then rinse and repeat.

MarkDavis'Haircut 09-07-2023 09:01 AM

Free Deberg

Eleazar 09-07-2023 09:03 AM

Ate two and hopped a Delta flight